1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chicken Sandwich Battle] Chick-fil-A versus Popeye's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamShook, Aug 20, 2019.

?

Who has the better Chicken Sandwich?

1. Popeye's

2. Chick-fil-A

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AB423

AB423 Member

Drive-thru was busy today so went inside and no one was inside. Got me 4 of them and ate 3 today. Happy belly.

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

this is the truth. I had to throw out a large fry just the other day because I ate the sandwich first and by the time I got to the fries they were crap!

is the breading on the Popeyes sandwich spiced or do they put some nasty sauce on it for the spice?

3. likestohypeguy

Uh oh. We came close when it was introduced, with the brandishing of a weapon at a houston popeye's, but first man killed over this chicken sandwich already happened elsewhere:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/05/us/popeyes-sandwich-stabbing/index.html

Sauced. Little to no spice in the breading, like with CFA and wendy's. One of my priorities in a chicken sandwich, and why CFA's are still tops to me despite being edged out in bread and pickle quality by popeye's (and others). I think more than anything lots of ppl are most impressed at the sheer size of popeye's chicken vs. most competition. That and Their breading is course and crunchier too, if that does it for you.

They're all super f'ing salty, cfa 1600mg, ~1400mg popeyes, ~1000mg wendys.

Yeah me neither. I judge first bite to last- popeye's has a great first bite, less so last, when I feel exactly like I do after having their fried chicken. Not great.

Mine too. And I agree aout efficiency, generally. JUst wish they'd go to numbers instead of just colors for dine in. When the dining room is packed, they are wandering around looking at a dozen different tables, wondering which yellow tower corresponds to the tray in hand. Still the most efficient and fast service model in the industry.

4. nsng20

nsng20 Member

Had it yesterday and was disappointed. Tasted like a crunchy fish filet from mcd. Not enough sauce. Felt sick and had the chills after eating it. 4/10 for me

5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RIP.

Air Yordan likes this.
  6. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Chic-fil-a's spicy sandwich breading is spiced so it's spicy without any sauce. I'm not a sauce guy so no Popeyes spicy chicken sandwich for me.

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

I will agree with most of the posters here saying Chick-Fil-A's consistency and convenience (fast drive-throughs) are all major advantages over Popeyes. Popeyes definitely has the price advantage, however.

8. likestohypeguy

Yeah that's a must for me, spice in breading. Why cfa and Wendy's are my favorites. Just have to hold a lot of stuff from Wendy's order and request made to order.

justtxyank likes this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Man I went to order it and asked for no mayo and the person at the speaker said it would just be a regular sandwich then.

[​IMG]

VooDooPope likes this.
  10. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Apparently you can order CFA "Well Done"...both the fries and the sandwich, and it makes a big difference. A lot crispier, allegedly. I've never tried it.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I believe they got rid of this option recently.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Drove past popeyes cause it was too busy and didnt want to deal with that noise. Went to KFC, got 2 chicken sammiches for $6 and was satisfied.

13. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Apparently "some" locations stopped. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask.

14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had one for lunch and now my day is shot.

15. Outlier

Outlier Member

I finally had it. Not worth the hype. Wasnt all that. Chikfila is still king in my eyes

16. VanityHalfBlack

*** Popeyes,CFA! I'm sticking to whataburger and Cane's ho!!! Hell I'll even take a KFC and they the worst of all of the franchises. HAHAHHA

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Had one for lunch, enjoyed it quite a bit. I don’t think it’s better than the chick-fil-a but I’d eat it again.

On a side note, just park your car and go get it. Drive through was about 15 cars deep and it took me approximately 90 seconds to get one at the register.

DreamShook likes this.
  19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Not worth the hype but it was good. Better than CFA. BK has a good one. KFC has a good one. Id still rate Popeyes the best but its a ****ing chicken sandwich people. Stahp being sheep.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

That lady deserved the body slam.

Too bad the guy let his emotions get the best of him and will likely go to prison, but she deserved it and it was glorious.

Woman apparently threw out the N Word in a restaurant obviously full of black people. She deserved what she got.

NSFW Language