1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin as a Pekin Duck

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mig0s, Aug 27, 2019.

1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

According to you, the best chance to the NBA, and the best marketing opportunities, were not in China.

If your read on the situation is correct, it means literally no upside exist in China, yet Lin signed in China.

do you see why your position is contradictory?

tinman and CometsWin like this.
  2. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

No, my position is not contradictory. It is exactly what I am saying. Lin decided to play in China because he didn't care about going back to the NBA or for the best marketing opportunities which would have been available to him in considering options from Euro League. His agent wanted him to consider Euro League to help get him back to the NBA. His marketing CEO wanted him to consider these other options. But Lin chose to play in China and forego those things. As he said in that NY Times article, his motivation is to enjoy playing and to help kids in China. Here's the quote again:

“I’ve always known that my journey in some ways would end in China, that I would come back here and take the experiences that I had growing up in America,” he told Radii. “The N.B.A. training and the concept of a student athlete, a lot of these different things that I’ve learned through my childhood and my N.B.A. experiences — I want to be able to help as many kids as I can in China.”

So the "upside" in China for Lin is to help kids in China. And he gets to play without worrying about trying to get back to the NBA.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Imagine a scrub thinking he can help kids in China.

I hope kids in China are more ambitious than being "helped" by Airemy, mental midget that no team in NBA had any interest in signing.

lulz..

tinman likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pat Beverley has always been better than Lin
    And he doesn’t complain or ask a bunch of people in church to feel sorry for him
    He’s actually humble

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Well
    I don’t know how they can relate to his rich Palo Alto upbringing and how he skillfully uses his religion to hide his insecurities or problems

6. tinman

Supporting Member

This guy fantasizes what he thinks is what Lin is thinking

the Joker would think he’s crazy

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Why was he crying like someone kicked his dog at church when he said he hit "ROCK BOTTOM " because he didn't get any calls (thank you God) from the NBA?

8. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I can't believe it's November 4th, 2019 and people here are still talking about Jeremy Lin. What an obsession on both sides. :eek::rolleyes::confused:

I shall not participate any further than the above comment. :D:cool:

GotGame15 likes this.
  9. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

So, how's Lin doing in the CBA? What's his stats?

Don't see any reporting on that, just some dumb argument about Lin choosing to play in Europe Vs China

10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I mean, do you expect him to come out and say “yeah, I did it for the money?” or “yeah, I’m cashing in on my image?”

Also, what if his manager wanted him to consider other options because he could help EVEN MORE kids in Europe? Do you think Yao would have impacted as many kids if he had stayed in the CBA?

The best thing for those kids would be Lin in the NBA. You’re convincing me that Lin hates kids. Wow. I was a huge fan of him, but now? I’m not so sure.

CometsWin likes this.
  11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol. Dude is trash

Zboy and tinman like this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

There should never be both sides
    there should only be Rockets fans and opinions of Rockets fans

One dude got no offers from the NBA and is playing in China and was crying at church about it

There's no one side of this

LOFs leave

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Dopey LOF thinks Lin's marketing money is in Europe or Russia rather than China. Like huh? He's not going to China for the money, he's going there to help the children because Europe and Russia don't have any.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lelz. All those other games were supposed to be Preseason games?

He just has one game under wraps........

https://www.cbaleague.com/#/data/playerData/detail/100026408

25-9 and 4 TOs.......

There is a stat that says being fouled 10 times......

15. yoeddy

16. yoeddy

So his agent and his marketing CEO want him to consider playing in the Euro League because it provides a better path back to the NBA and more global marketing opportunities, but Lin wants to play in China where his overall money opportunities are lower...how is this about the money?

At what point did Lin dream about helping kids in Europe?

How is the best thing for those kids for Lin to be in the NBA if all he's doing is riding the bench there? And why would this impact what you think of him as a fan?

17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I think you’re confusing yourself here. Let’s look at the evidence:

1) Lin tries to make it into the NBA, and was rejected by all 30 teams. Therefor, he has to look into other options.

Let’s analyze what that means. If we accept that Lin wants to help kids, but also wants to be in the NBA, that means 1 of 2 things.

a) Lin thinks riding the bench in the NBA is better for helping kids than playing in China

-or-

b) Lin doesn’t actually care about kids, and wants to play in the NBA for other reasons.

2) At this point, using the evidence we have from Lin, we can recreate what his next best steps would be to help the kids in China

a) find a way back into bench riding in the NBA, because of reason 1a or 1b

b) Take the next best marketing/money opportunity, because he believes 2a is impossible.

The answer is obvious, unless you’re completely ignoring what Lin has actually done so far.

Zboy and tinman like this.
  18. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

So...dude is injured again?

Sigh..Jeremy Lin is too injury prone

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess the season just began?!

20. tinman

Supporting Member

I have the answer