1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Bizarre News]Kellen Winslow Jr. Has a Big Red Dog

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

and his name is Clifford..read on below:

Kellen Winslow Jr. arrested on felony burglary charges while reportedly looking for his red dog 'Clifford'
    [​IMG] Jason Owens,Shutdown Corner 14 hours ago
    [​IMG]
    Kellen Winslow Jr. faces up to six years in prison after allegedly walking into an elderly stranger’s trailer, reportedly looking for his red dog Clifford. (AP)
    Police arrested former NFL tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. Thursday on felony burglary charges after he allegedly walked into a San Diego-area residential trailer that was not his.

Woman allegedly saw Winslow walk into neighbor’s trailer
    A resident at an Encinitas, California, trailer park that serves mostly senior citizens contacted police Thursday after seeing a stranger walking into a neighbor’s trailer, according to the police report. The man left the area after being confronted by the reporting resident. Police found a man fitting the description in the area and identified him as Winslow, 34.

Winslow was arrested and charged with residential burglary. He faces a maximum of six years in prison.

[Yahoo Fantasy Football leagues are open: Sign up now for free]

The woman who contacted police told ABC 10 in San Diego that she watched a man pull into the trailer park in a black Hummer before walking into her neighbor’s residence. When she confronted him, she said he remained calm and explained that he was looking for his dog.

Winslow reportedly told woman he was looking for his red dog Clifford
    “I confronted him and said ‘Hi, can I help you with anything’,” she told ABC 10. “He said, ‘Nope, just looking for my dog.’ I go, ‘What dog?’ and he said, ‘Well, it’s a red dog, Clifford.’ And I went, ‘There’s no dog here.’ I said, I’m not comfortable with this, you need to leave. And he just stood there and he went, ‘Alright then.'”

The woman shared a photo she took of the Hummer with NBC San Diego.

Winslow was released on bond after spending five hours in jail and has a court appearance scheduled for Monday, according to NBC San Diego.

Winslow’s agent denies burglary charges
    Winslow’s sports agency released a statement Friday denying the charges, citing “no need to burglarize or steal anything from anyone at a trailer park.”

Winslow played in the NFL from 2004-13 and was selected to the Pro Bowl with the Cleveland Browns on 2007. He is the son of Hall of Fame tight end and Chargers icon Kellen Winslow and grew up in San Diego.

This is not his first run-in with the law. He was accused of masturbating in a New Jersey Target parking lot in 2013 and eventually charged with possession of a controlled dangerous substance identified as synthetic mar1juana.

A judge granted Winslow a conditional discharge in that incident.
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kellen...tedly-looking-red-dog-clifford-231312322.html

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Welp. I read big dong and I clicked the thread anyway.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Lulz, that was quick thinking.

[​IMG]

Also, did we ever discuss this back in 2013?

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  4. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Clifford probably took his stash

[​IMG]

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Maybe he was rubbing one out for EG?

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Maybe that's the big dong red was looking for.

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

lol, great quote:

Winslow’s sports agency released a statement Friday denying the charges, citing “no need to burglarize or steal anything from anyone at a trailer park.”

Fullcourt likes this.
  8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Can our resident trailer park expert here pls confirm?@Bobbythegreat

#8 el gnomo, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    FLASH21 likes this.
  9. prohibido

prohibido Member

And here we are right around the corner from hurricane season and now there's something ELSE to worry about.

10. Nook

Nook Member

pirc1 likes this.
  11. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Well, took the plea. Looks like this guy is a total scumbag.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...r-kellen-winslow-jr-takes-plea-deal-rape-case

VISTA, Calif. -- Former NFL player Kellen Winslow Jr. pleaded guilty Monday to raping an unconscious teen in 2003 and to sexual battery involving a 54-year-old hitchhiker in a deal that spared him the possibility of life in prison.

Winslow initially hesitated and seemed to agonize over his decision.

"I'm sorry. I'm just not thinking very clearly,'' Winslow told the judge at one point.

He asked the judge for more time before he finally entered the guilty pleas moments before he was about to be retried on six felonies including kidnapping, sodomy, forced oral copulation and two charges of forcible rape in San Diego County Superior Court that could have sent him to prison for life if he was convicted.

In exchange for his plea, the court agreed to sentence him to between 12 and 18 years in prison for the two charges and dismiss the others.

In June, a jury found him guilty of raping a homeless woman in Encinitas, north of San Diego. Jurors also convicted him of two misdemeanors -- indecent exposure and a lewd act in public -- involving two other women.

But that jury failed to agree on other charges, including the alleged rape of the hitchhiker and the rape of the unconscious 17-year-old girl in 2003 when he was 19. Under the plea deal, the attack on the hitchhiker was reduced to sexual battery.

The 36-year-old former tight end -- at one point one of the highest-paid in the NFL -- had previously pleaded not guilty to the charges. His attorney, Gretchen von Helms, had said the sex was consensual.

Five women took the witness stand this summer, and three of them were expected to testify again.

Prosecutor Dan Owens said outside of the courtroom that the women were brave to want to testify again, but that he was glad they would not have to put themselves through it again.

"Each of these victims, they didn't try to come out here in order to try to frame Mr. Winslow,'' Owens said "The fact that they had that courage to come forward and speak with law enforcement and to testify to all the things that he had done while facing all these cameras, I think it was important to me to make sure that that truth was heard, and it was important to me to make sure that he was held accountable for each one of those crimes."

Defense attorney Marc Carlos said Winslow made a difficult choice to accept the plea deal.

"The downside of any conviction would land him in prison for the rest of his life, and he made this decision based upon his family, his father, his children, and he wanted to be there for them in the future,'' Carlos said.

Defense attorneys attacked the credibility of the five women and pointed out inconsistencies in their stories in the first trial.

The court had planned to allow the new jury to hear that Winslow was convicted of raping the homeless woman, who would have been among those testifying again.

Jurors would also have been told about the indecent exposure conviction, though that woman was not expected to take the stand.

Winslow, who played for Cleveland, Tampa Bay, New England and the New York Jets, earned more than $40 million over 10 seasons in the NFL. He is the son of Chargers Hall of Fame receiver Kellen Winslow, who was in the courtroom throughout the first trial and on Monday.

Winslow Jr. repeatedly looked back at his father before entering his plea. As he left the courtroom Monday, he reached an arm out to his father, who responded by touching his fist to his heart.

Winslow's attorneys said he suffers from traumatic brain injury from his football playing and a motorcycle accident that ended his career.

They will argue that information should be taken into consideration at his sentencing hearing.

12. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

seems like a fine upstanding citizen. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::(

BamBam likes this.