1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Jump) Where do Rockets stand in West after signing Austin Rivers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 2, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6 minute mark.

2. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Guess we'll find out. I disagree, but if you're right, we'll hail your genius. God knows if they're that bad, we won't have much else to cheer for.

3. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

He's got the right attitude. Playing with CP3 this long probably rubbed off on him.

4. SORF

SORF Member

I was born and raised as a Hoosier from Indiana. In 1985 we moved into the Houston area (The Woodlands) and I fell in love with his town. I'm an official Hoosier Houstonian Texan now. Welcome to Austin Rivers, our newest Houstonian...even your name is Texan. It doesn't matter where you come from, it is about loving this area, the city, the people, and our teams. Rivers made a personal sacrifice for our team..Rivers is one of us now. Welcome to our Houstonian family.

Austin Rivers is more of a Houstonian than Jimmy Butler who was from here... good riddance JB. There I said it.

Small ball is nice but not all the time. We need some tall dudes too...get it done Morey.

sammy likes this.
  5. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

More like top 5 team in the league.
    Lakers will most likely be in the mix, Sixers, Bucks, Rockets, Raptors if Kawhi stays. Portland is my dark horse pick.

groovemachine likes this.
  6. rockets13champs

So now we’re fun to watch lol

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Not clicking on anything Cowturd makes. I already don't like sports "analysts" in General, but that guy takes it to Skip Bayless level and rarely gets called on his crap.

D-rock likes this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

The Austin Rivers statement really cuts at the "chaos" comment that Nichols tries to advance.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He was right after last season.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It’s ESPN.. not Fox

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

we don't stand anywhere in the west, we running it back

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

*According to Bobby Marks

Lakers
    Nuggets
    Jazz
    Blazers
    Rockets
    Thunder
    Spurs
    Clippers

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if the lakers get kawhi i'd just switch us and the blazers. and there is no way GSW miss the playoffs. they're gonna trade russell for a good fit and use their TPE to land another good player. klay will be back towards the end of the year as well.

hopefully if kawhi stays in toronto i would put the lakers under us.

14. acjeitherocket

Run it back...again o_O

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm really glad Morray adressed our God awful rebounding issues. I mean every champion was terrible at rebounding so it makes sense.

Love having short guys play PF!

16. Homey the Clown

Let's just hope Kawhi doesn't go to the Lakers. Other teams out West have improved but if KL goes to the Lakers, it's a wrap.

17. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Bumping this prediction as I don't predict often(have i ever?) and this one is on accurate course.

I'll never understand how the Rockets could have let Bzdelik walk this past offseason. TBH he should have been our head coach instead of MDA.

Anyways, lest me forget last year we were last in defense last year until Bzdelik re-signed with us. Once we got him back we went from LAST to end up 18th... Doesn't sound too impressive right? Well it is considering the fact.. the fact that we were THAT BAD before Bzdelik. Rockets with Bzdelik were 2nd in the NBA in defense post-allstar break. To have the 2nd best defense in the entire league for half the season and ending 18th in the NBA overall shows how terrible that defense was with just MDA and no Bzdelik.

#97 Realjad, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    robbie380 likes this.
  18. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Yep

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

you win the internet