1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sorry Rockets Fans, Your Team Is Not Going To Do Much--richard jefferson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Oct 31, 2019.

1. farhen

farhen Member

3-3 seeing is to believing. This b*t*h bald dude maybe right

2. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

He ain’t lyin tho

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Jefferson is right. Rockets suck ass

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Folks we've only played 6 games. We do however need to switch it up. Westbrook can not start.

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I hate Jefferson but god damit if he ends up being right. I hope not.

6. JW86

JW86 Member

This is not like last year's start with trying to figure out how to play freaking Carmelo. This year there's no sending Melo away and getting Bzdelik back, there's no leadership CP3 type player on the court who despite his deficiencies gave it his all (play-offs different story), there's no Capela and Gordon hungry to prove they deserve a new contract. Harden is also less hungry, he has his friend for 4 years and he's getting paid so he's not worried. MDA and Harden truly believe once shots will fall, it will have a snowball effect and the rest will come naturally. Obviously, I think that's horse **** and it starts with defense, not offense. Sure, we will be better defensively to a degree, but it definitely won't be contender worthy nor will this amateur offense. For crying out loud, MDA's solution to our awful defense is starting a smaller Gordon over House who's been our 2nd or 3rd best player on both sides!

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Bell, Covington and a first round pick. Try to add Cabaclo and Josh Jackson into the trade with the 125% rule. That's the move we need to make.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Current situation would be more easily accepted if Paul’s hammy didn’t rip. Rockets got another chance last season with Cupcake getting injured. Both of those were ended in failure. Now, we basically suck, have no draft picks for years, and Dallas has passed us and will stay passed for years to come.

Houston Sports reps again.

whiskeyred, Little Bit and J Sizzle like this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I really don't think it is too early. We've seen multiple postseasons of him getting run off the court, and his defense has regressed. He's 6 years into the league and isn't going to drastically take another step up.

I still like Clint, but he is what he is, and I'd like to put money towards wings/guards than a limited center. His value is low, though, so doubt he could fetch anything real meaningful.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

My apologies to @Aruba77 for riding that 3-1 wave as long as I could. Now that it's died an embarrassing death, let's get down to it:

1. On the year after 6 games, we've given up 127 points per game, a whopping 19.3 ppg more than last year.

2. We are allowing opponents to shoot 50% from the field (up from 46.3% last year) and 43.3% from 3 (up from 33.6%)

3. Take out Miami and Milwaukee (9-3 combined), the combined records of the teams we've faced this season is 6-17.

I hate to be a pessimist but unless we're getting a couple of solid 3&D starting-caliber guys via trade(s), this team defense is not going to turn around any time soon.

YOLO and J Sizzle like this.
  11. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

First things first, had no idea RJ and Luke Walton were dating. To each their own, no judgement here.

Second point, we are 6 games into the season. GTFOOH!

Enough said!

12. pass_to_Hakeem

And he is 100% right. They make the playoffs and lose in first round? Another successful season lol!!!!

this Defense is GOD AWFUL!!! and right now House is the only one with a shot, followed by McLemore and Clemons!!
    Not good when both stars are ice cold!! Add to that the shittiest defense ?

macan likes this.
  13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

His regression on perimeter defense is hurting us. He used to be able to stay in front of guys, including prime Steph Curry. He's being taken off the dribble too easily now when it used to be a strength of his. He's been a minus in a lot of match ups so far which is really surprising.

J Sizzle and bmelo like this.
  14. bmelo

bmelo Member

He bulked without strenght gains but with agility regress

15. Mr. Space City

Suck it Richard Jefferson

16. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

The milk in my fridge aged slower than this hot take.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Has Jar-Jar Binks been served his crow yet?

18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

This thread is pretty much a list of people that

1) Consistently fail to see the big picture

and

2) Are terrible at extrapolating past data into predictions about the future.

Blurr#7 and icewill36 like this.
  19. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Sorry big-picture logic and analytics fans, your fellow Rockets lovers aren't going to do much.

20. jb86

jb86 Member

Just as long as we play solid defense. We will be at the top of the food chain.