1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is on your ignore list?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by don grahamleone, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

@Yung-T

can't stand that bayern loving breh.

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

kentuckyalum is the only one on there and I don’t remeber why....

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

But you’re not annoying....at least not in some forums. :)

B-Bob likes this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I had someone called Pounder in there. Had to unblock him to find out why. Looks like he was a fake insider.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Jack Kingoff was a bi-uid who got quickly banned. A burner of one of the banned brat packs -- pretty sure SIL. I suppose Clutch deleted his entire account, so it shows as 0/0. But he was by no means quiet.

you can google "site:clutchfans.net 'Jack Kingoff'" to see talk about him. The approach was a group of the banned brat pack organized in a Discord to re-register and back everything 'holic said in cyberx threads (etc), as a sauce game to annoy ppl.

@CCorn -- Pounder was part of that organized troll team of previously banned posters, too

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Like bobrek said, not annoying and didnt come in there acting like you knew everything about baseball. You even admitted to not eve watching the regular season and banned yourself from watching in fear of being bad luck. 100% respect.

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

What

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I kid. Relax

9. Sacudido

Sacudido Contributing Member

I have 19 people on ignore. Almost all of it is from game threads, or people who continually started foolish threads. People who (in my opinion) were so relentlessly negative about our team and the players while providing zero useful insight. Your mileage may vary.

ashleyem

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think the only person I’ve ever put on ignore was SIL...he was basically stalking me, sendin me PMs, and other nonsense acting like an e-thug

there’s been a bunch of previously banned trolls that have tried to start stuff with me, but they’re usually banned again by the end of the week...some like that loser Beardnation13 manage to leave their filth on this site for about a month...it’s usually just a few previously banned losers who will come back making 2 or 3 different IDs at 1 time...there’s an obvious one who’s come back, but he’s behaving for now I guess

I guess if I did have an ignore list, it would include people like PeterKingx, fchowd, smoothie king, JW86, LorneMalvo, and there’s probably a few more...just a mix of idiot posters and people who are continuously negative about the team while providing nothing of substance...just constant b*tching

I’ve reported only a few posts...they were from these obvious previously banned trolls just so they could gtfoh, and some dude who was calling Harden a monkey after game 5 against the Spurs

#30 Reeko, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  11. Buck Turgidson

Nah man, though a couple were longtime posters that I've always liked, they were just too insufferable in the postseason.

You should watch some reg season games next year.

CCity Zero and B-Bob like this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

my routine was listening to my local giants radio w John Miller but with him on the way out, I think I’ll catch some Astros next season, yes.

13. Buck Turgidson

He's awesome, didn't know he was retiring. That's a shame, good broadcasters seem to be harder and harder to find these days. The Stros crew is solid, both radio and tv, so we're a bit blessed/spoiled.

don grahamleone likes this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, I've looked it up and apparently he's not. But Dave Fleming is taking over more and more of his role on local broadcast, and Fleming is getting more and more national airtime for baseball too.

Here's Miller at the start of the season:
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...s-mlb-broadcaster-reflects-career/3562443002/

Maybe it's just that he's taking all the away games off now and just doing some home games? Dunno. Thanks for the recommendation of Astros broadcast -- I'll try radio at least at first.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Don't really have any. I will only ignore posters who resort to personal insults as a repeated pattern. I remember ignoring one poster back in the day for white supremacist remarks towards me because he knew I was of South Asian ethnicity and believed I couldn't be trusted as an American because of my Muslim upbringing but that user was banned so that put my ignore list to 0. Don't believe in ignoring posters because of a difference in opinion. I don't agree with circle jerk discussions like @Reeko or @Sacudido do.

What is exactly your definition of "substance" @Reeko ? Does it have a qualification of the "substance" agreeing with your premises?

#35 fchowd0311, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    malakas likes this.
  16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He's on my ignore list as well, f### that guy.

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

don grahamleone and RayRay10 like this.
  18. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

I've put people on ignore who started D&D threads in non-D&D places, simply as a way to keep my blood pressure in check. Nothing personal.

I put Hey Now and cardpire on ignore for that Peyton Manning to the Texans thread from years ago, but they seem like solid guys.

Plus the usual volume posters and wannabe edgelordz.

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it deserves its own Lin thread

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

calling b.s on this. how did you read this thread then, smarty pants? :p

B-Bob and don grahamleone like this.