1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beto for President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Nov 6, 2018.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

As a non-democrat, I laughed my ass off when he "went there" and said he wanted police to go door-to-door to confiscate guns. That will be used against democrats for years.

cml750, King1 and Os Trigonum like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... "as a non-Democrat". Let me guess... didn't vote for trump, and an Independent" I too wouldn't admit to voting for trump nor being a republican. trump is ruining that brand...

AleksandarN likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Beto couldn’t handle the big stage and just came off as desperate. He should’ve dropped earlier, left with some gravitas and positioned himself to run for senate. As it now is even if he decide to take on Cornyn I wouldn’t give him much of a shot.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

Maybe, maybe not...

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

people here actually think Beto has a chance at the Texas senate seat when he wants to take away everyone's AR15 and remove tax exempt status for churches?

lol

Bandwagoner and cml750 like this.
  6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Looks like he's being euthanized...

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  7. TheresTheDagger

@NewRoxFan does!

Keep hope alive!

cml750 and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

Again hard to take self-described "non-Democrats" that voted for and defend trump too seriously. Especially when it comes to a candidate that almost won against a more known candidate like cruz. Especially in a state that is turning less red. O'Rourke isn't running yet and has said he won't, but still time... and you can continue to support an empty shirt that will get tagged with trump.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I love how the people who would never in a million years vote for a Democrat think they are being cute today by crapping on Beto, and trying to make a case that Beto saying he’ll confiscate AR15’s has anything to do with a demise as a candidate for president. You and your fixation with your guns because you are week minded and insecure, is a minority fixation. Most people are with Beto that your AR15’s are dangerous and you are dangerous because at any given time your deranged self dilution can lead to mass violence.

The self importance Trumpers have is vomit inducing. They literally think they matter and get to choose our candidate.

You guys are in the minority. Your opinion does not matter to me nor should it to any Democratic voters. You think you won something ... you didn’t. You guys are losers in real life which led to this childish grievance.

You are not funny. You are not special. Go away.

10. Commodore

There is no precedent for a gun confiscation platform succeeding statewide in Texas, is the point.

Beto said nothing of the sort when he ran for Senate.

cml750 and B-Bob like this.
  11. dobro1229

He also had one of the worst mass shootings happen in his home town. Do you see no reason why someone who went through that would change their views on gun laws?

Also nobody cares what you think about Beto or his views on the 2nd amendment. You would never in a million years vote for anyone not named Trump so why should we care about anything you or Texx have to say on the subject? You have no say so in who we vote for as the candidate. You’ve given up any right to be taken seriously on just about any topic.

#631 dobro1229, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    London'sBurning likes this.
  12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

So you laughed you ass off about Beto's reaction to the mass murder of 22 people in a Walmart in his city?

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yet poll shown Texans favor him over Trump by double digit.

The path of winning in TX isn’t through moderate and right lending voters, not at least for a couple more years. That’s a fool errand.

The current best chance is through energizing the left base and bringing out new voters. People forget constantly how many people sit it out - it’s larger than both voting base combined, in 2018 even with the huge turnout increase. Tie Cornyn to Trump (he is going to acquit a criminal) and push new messages to bring out new voters is a strategy that can win.

14. Commodore

agree, going after guns and churches is a great way to energize turnout

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Are you talking about Beto here? The guy went from "no one one is coming after you're guns" to "hell yes I am confiscating your rifles"

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Beto’s thread has way more life after his political euthanasia! Lo, he is risen! The tomb is empty!

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You ain't getting my guns Francis.

cml750 likes this.
  18. dobro1229

Yes... and people like Commodore and Texx’s reaction to that change should not matter to Dems. The media also should not have made a big deal about the reaction to that change and how it impacts Trump voters view of Beto.... because Trump voters view of Democrats should not matter to Dems. Voters like Commodore would rather gauge their eyes out than vote for a Democrat.

And Beto changed his view because his hometown went through one of the worst mass shootings in years. If you have no empathy for how someone might view gun control differently after a mass shooting hitting close to home you just sort of suck as a human being. Seriously F people who are so gun obsessed that they cannot empathize in that situation. F them. I seriously cannot stand self important gun nuts who think the world revolves around their insecurities that need weapons of war to make them feel like a man.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Big problems with your reply is "agree with me on a divisive political issue of uck you"

He doesn't get a pass because mass shootings on campus have been happening in Texas before he was born. Ideally as an adult and not a child a set of principles would be formed that were not swayed by emotion.

20. dobro1229

Naw. If you take the stance that Democrats need to worry night and day about what Trump voters will think about your (Dem primary candidates) views on an issue that polls at 70 to 90% regularly, you are the idiot and I should say F you. Trumpers are not a special peculiar snowflake we need to worry about. Your views on Betos gun control mean nothing to me. I simply do not care. The fact is AR15’s have no place in society. I can’t help that you rednecks are insecure about your manhood. We shouldn’t have to placate to your insecurities every waking minute. You are small and mean very little to the world spinning on its axis tomorrow.

The worst thing the Dems can do is continuing to coddle this generation of snowflakes who need big guns to feel like a man.

Again..., F them