1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Joe vs Pro

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Nov 2, 2019.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

Bra, come on man. You and I both know that trade was pushed because of PG went to LA and Westbrook wanted to come here. It wasn't orchestrated by Morey!

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Another strawman to protect Average Joe.

Breh, according to cfnet polls, way more than half the Average Joes would not have made the trade ... starting with ClutchJoe, BimaJoe, our D&D Moderator, our highest Liked Joe, and our most prolific Joe. Further 80% of Joes said fkkk off to House, and wouldn’t have resigned him....because Average Joes get irreparably offended, often.

3. ballgame

ballgame Member

I can live with it, if we had their success during the process. My whole point is that Morey's lack of success has been his own doing. For instance, when we had CP3, why not have a legit 3rd point guard behind him and Harden. Sure hindsight is 20/20 but everybody and their Mamma knew CP3 was injury prone.

I think if they would've had a 3rd playmaker on the team the year they went to the WCF, they would've won the Championship that yr.

4. ballgame

ballgame Member

And according to what I've read, neither would Morey, it was Tillman who pushed for the trade, when it was presented to the Rockets

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like when we had Lou Williams and Eric Gordon off the bench?

That was guard overkill. Too many overlapping talents being paid for 2 positions.

clutchdabear likes this.
  6. heypartner

Trust me, Joe. You don’t want to open that door to blame owners...which is just rumor.

Morey taught Hinkie how to tank with a plan, but Les wouldn’t let him...and that is public fact.
    Then we have Tilman’s marching orders to not #Rerun 2018 Roster for LTS.

clutchdabear likes this.
  7. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Would it help if the team go through the process?

8. ballgame

ballgame Member

No, more like when we had Shaun Livingston on a Vet minimum. Remember him? We had him and a lot of the Joes wanted to keep him but our Pro let him go! And he and his running mates killed us the past 5yrs.

9. ballgame

ballgame Member

I'm not blaming him, just saying, are we sure Morey wanted the trade? From what we know, Tillman is saying he's the one who pushed it, once it was presented.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t remember Shaun Livingston killing us much. :D I remember thanking the heavens every single time he shot the ball though.

clutchdabear likes this.
  11. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

I can do a better job than Maury

12. ballgame

ballgame Member

Shaun had a very good shot around the basket, 10ft and in. If we had someone like him in that game 7, who could playmake and give us 8 to 10 points around the basket, while we missed 27 straight 3's, I think we could have won....just a thought.

13. ballgame

ballgame Member

I think there are some average people who can do a better job than Morey. For sure, as for as putting together a roster!

Air Yordan likes this.
  14. heypartner

Stay on track, Joe. We can’t say owners gave GM orders. If you use those arguments in Joe v Pro debates then we need to discuss Les, too.

And our DaDakota Edgelord would have been fired by Les years ago for not following orders, creating an Average Joe vacuum, filled by ClutchJoe who would have been fired for tanking...then Joe Jr who refused to save tax...

...just a revolving door of Joes...until Les found a Joe who would just do what he says.

clutchdabear and don grahamleone like this.
  15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

@ballgame Do, it, then.

Anything is possible, it’s never too late and your momma told you that you are a special boy.

Make it work. I’ve met enough executives to agree with you- any idiot can be a general manager in pro sports.

16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

So, let me get this straight, the argument so far is that a “Joe” GM wouldn’t have traded for Chris Paul (who we in turn traded for Westbrook), but would have kept Shaun Livingston?

I dunno, the evidence isn’t exactly bowling me over so far.

clutchdabear likes this.
  17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

No you can’t. You have to be a better than average clutchfans poster before even coming close to being considered for this level of a position in the organization.

If you think TMac was a winner to build around, you don’t qualify for the job. We need a winner, not a TMac apologist.

EGo>TMac

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I have to admit I'm positive I'd do a much better job than Moe Ray. We would have a starting lineup of MCW, Iman Shumpert, Jaron Blossomgame, Deyonta Davis and Hartenstein.

You tell me how we would possibly lose.

HP3, clutchdabear and don grahamleone like this.
  19. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

lack of success is his own doing?!? so 2018 playoffs, the refs didn’t have a single effect on games 6 and 7 against gsw? and it wasn’t morey’s fault ryno, luc, and then finally cp all got injured.
    stop praising gsw when they got away with so much **** and were probably one of the luckiest teams of all time. u sound more and more like a gsw bandwagoner than anything

20. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont want the league hating us because thats 5 HOF in the same lineup.