1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sorry Rockets Fans, Your Team Is Not Going To Do Much--richard jefferson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Richard Jefferson didn't do much at his wedding either.

Whatever, it's too early. This team is raw right now. I see a lot of potential, and I like what Thabo is doing out there with the second unit.

I wish Westbrook would take more of his 2s from the post, similarly to CP3. Westy is dangerous as a turn around shooter. He's murdered us like that before. I think that's more efficient than his pull up J right now.

But, again, too, too early.

And, it's too early to throw CC to the wolves. Yes, there's chatter, and he's our biggest trade piece. But, what other center gives you his value and chemistry with James? But yes, he's definitely desired by many, many teams.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Great to see you pop up in a thread, Cod. Hope you're doing well.

Jontro likes this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Either that, or some of us are not still cavemen.

BeBreezy and MrButtocks like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Fans aren't noticing how well he rebounds. I think when Thabo gets used to playing the 4 he will be similar to Luc in impact. At least I hope so.

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

From the Rockets perspective, I agree on the long standing need for a viable defensive wing stopper but being able to defend at the rim(and rebound for that matter) I would think is generally a more valuable defensive piece because those shots tend to go in at a higher rate. I would be interested to see the data to back this up though - curious to see how Capela impacts other team's ability to score vs Covington. I imagine it's also hard to quantify these things because if Houston switches everything anyway, having the best wing defender in the world is probably diminished because the opponent is always going to design plays that intentionally bring the action to the weakest defensive players on the floor and the defensive scheme almost encourages it.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

And called us “good people”.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

And called us, “good people”.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Is this future Rockets center Richard Jefferson?

9. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

I can't believe a Rockets board wouldn't take this board down. Says a lot about Rockets fans.

GotGame15, BeBreezy and Sajan like this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Jefferson is 100% correct. Defense is a train wreck. Can’t be a true contender.

11. JW86

JW86 Member

Yup, not sure why people are upset.

CK Johnson and Sajan like this.
  12. Homey the Clown

Hopefully we'll be able to outscore most teams because this defense is indeed atrocious.

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Our defense is bad but Clint has really regressed from his defensive form of two years ago.

I’d have to think we’ll get a little better on D as the season goes on.

But this team has 0% chance of being at top 10 D.

We’ll be lucky to be 20th ranked.

This team needs Ariza back I hate to say it but it’s true when he left the D and communication on that end hasn’t been the same.

Need to figure out how to get him back and sign Luc to a vet min.

If he’s healed he can help imo.

lilbird20 likes this.
  14. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Ranttttttttttttttttttt :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This team utter thrash man, when the going gets tough, foul aimlessly, or jack up an open three when guarded tightly, instead of looking for the drive and easy drive 3 point play.

Heck the whole barclays arena already knows what harden going to do but at least we should keep guessing what the rest of the rockets are going to do.

No instead house, brick tucker keep forcing tightly guarded 3s too.

Damn i hate Richard Jefferson but the dude is right ....

Sky is falling guys, sure our team exciting with the dynamic duo of brick and beard but we not going to amount to anything.

Gerald green injured and somehow not waived
    Nene oh yeah the fake injury when we really we cant play him due the bonus and stuff he will be triggering the more games he plays.
    Gary Clark a bust
    Ryan can only play on the road yet he cant seem to get any playing time
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/stats-ryan-anderson’s-fg-based-on-court-color.287697/

Thabo too old and can only play 5-10 min max
    Isaisah hart o_O sorry (Williamson)

Thats 6 mostly useless unplayable players that cant or only contribute a bit to the team while other championship contenders like the clippers have players 1-15 that can contribute in all facets of the game

Cheap owner broke tilfertita :oops: who refuses to spend and somehow want to win the chip o_O and going as far as damn guarandamnteeing Mike Antoni still going to be the coach next year.

Finally the lame duck coach on his last year of the contract, 100% O 0000000000000000000000000000000000000 D
    Yes no plays called at all other than jacking up 3s even when in distress.

Enfd of rant

15. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

He looks like he has bad breath, don't ask me why, I can't say

16. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

This has to stop now. We are the worst defensive team in the league. MDA and Harden have to rethink their roles in this team.
    There is no game plan beyond throwing three-point shots as if it were a target shooting tournament.
    The inadmissible thing is that we suffer the same problem year after year and nobody does anything to solve it.
    I do not remember a team that wastes so many advantages on the scoreboard and plays so bad. Once again, MDA and Harden have become a huge problem for this team. We need answers and we need them now.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Really? I want to believe you but I can't see many good matches that fit the style of play and talent time horizon. Kings and Hawks come to mind.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

f*** you. I ain't scared to say that in 2019

19. macan

macan Member

mr.jefferson was right...

Sajan likes this.
  20. Sajan

Sajan Member

Anyone not a homer knew this was going to be a blah season..