1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Live-Action Batman Beyond Movie With Michael Keaton

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

(Think Batman meets Bladerunner)

WB Wants To Do Live-Action Batman Beyond Movie With Michael Keaton

As Warner Bros. continues to work out how best to relaunch the Batman movie franchise in an exciting new way, DC fans have already had the perfect idea for years now: just produce a live-action adaptation of everyone’s favorite animated series Batman Beyond. And better yet, get Michael Keaton back as the older Bruce, as it could tie into the fondly-remembered Tim Burton Batman movies. Surely that’d be a license to print money, right?

[​IMG]

Well, we’ve got some good news, as sources close to We Got This Covered – the same ones who told us The CW was developing an Arrow spinoff for Katherine McNamara back in March, Viola Davis was returning for The Suicide Squad and that Tom Welling was going to show up in “Crisis on Infinite Earths,” all of which were eventually confirmed – have informed us that inspired by the success of Joker, WB is now looking to do more standalone, dark and mature DC movies. And one project they’d like to make happen is a live-action Batman Beyond with Keaton in the lead role.

[​IMG]

For those unfamiliar with Batman Beyond, it was a beloved TV show that aired from 1999 to 2001 and saw a Bruce Wayne who’d hung up the cape and cowl and was living a lonely existence in his mansion. Everything changed for him, though, when high-schooler Terry McGinnis stumbled into the Batcave and swiped a prototype Batsuit. It wasn’t long before he became the Batman of the future and an elderly Bruce Wayne found himself as his mentor.

Of course, none of this is set in stone yet and there’s every chance that the project won’t ever materialize. But with the wild success Joker‘s seen so far, it’d make sense that WB would want to explore more DC projects in a similar vein and a Batman Beyond movie with Keaton in the lead would without a doubt be a monster hit for them. Bigger than even the aforementioned Joaquin Phoenix-starring film.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

michael keaton batman? i'm already standing in line breh.

3. Convictedstupid

So ****ing in for this. Loved Batman Beyond.

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

Did Batman Beyond ever get a proper ending?

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think they've been trying to do a Batman Beyond movie off and on for like fifteen years or so.

Always seems to fizzle out before filming.

6. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Yes. Episode "Epilogue" from Justice League

Invisible Fan likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As long as it is not Joel Schumacher and his nipple suits.....

Jontro likes this.
  8. conquistador#11

My batman Life....

Invisible Fan, Jontro and CCity Zero like this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

My Batlife, starring Michael Keaton.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Battlejuice

Jontro, CCity Zero and B-Bob like this.
  11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm trying to think of a play-on-words for Oscar-winning Birdman ... but having a mental block.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

best I can come up with something about Burt Ward . . . that's not gonna get very far either

542ce8613a7224357faa277bc696bb0a.jpg

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Keaton and Nicholson combo.

14. PatBev

PatBev Member

What me and my friends have been saying for a decade now

15. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

eh, let me know when Val Kilmer is on board.

Jontro likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

wat happen?

17. Xerobull

RKREBORN and Jontro like this.
  18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

incredible.

19. Xerobull

This might be the biggest casualty of the DC shakeup. Not sure why they couldn't have just done it, since it's in the future.

Michael Keaton's New BATMAN Movie Scrapped By DC Studios Confirmed To Be BATMAN BEYOND Adaptation

Following reports that DC Studios has decided not to move forward with a Batman movie starring Michael Keaton, it's been confirmed that the project was, in fact, a take on Batman Beyond. Check it out...
    News
    JoshWilding | 12/9/2022
    Filed Under: "Batman"
    [​IMG]

Yesterday evening, a rumour started doing the rounds online claiming DC Studios has decided to scrap a Batman movie starring Michael Keaton.

The Batman and Batman Returns star will return to the role in The Flash next year, with the expectation being that it would end with him replacing Ben Affleck as the DCEU's Dark Knight. From there, his ageing Bruce Wayne was set to serve as a mentor to Barbara Gordon in Batgirl, a movie that's since been scrapped by Warner Bros. Discovery.

To further cement his role in this shared world, Keaton even shot a cameo role in Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. He was later replaced by Affleck, though we're now hearing that neither of them appear.

So, what was the studio originally laying the groundwork for? A freaking Batman Beyond movie.

That's been confirmed by The Wrap's Umberto Gonzalez, and we're starting to get a better idea of what the future held in store for the DCEU prior to its transformation into the DCU courtesy of James Gunn and Peter Safran.

With Robert Pattinson playing Bruce Wayne in The Batman franchise, it seems the plan was for Keaton's Caped Crusader to pass the mantle to Terry McGinnis, making his "Batman Beyond" the DCEU's new Batman. It's a solid idea, and one that means the Trinity would have consisted of him, Supergirl, and Wonder Woman.

The fact Gunn and Safran have pulled the plug on Christina Hodson's Batman Beyond movie suggests they have no plans to head down that route in the DCU, and we'd guess Pattinson is either being folded into that world or a new actor will be cast to take over from Affleck (and Keaton).

It's always fun to hear about what might have been, and while it's an exciting time for the new DCU, we're sure many of you will be disappointed to learn Batman Beyond is no more.

Ziggy, FrontRunner and Invisible Fan like this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Oh well, I had a feeling WB would ruin it anyways.

Hooray for the reboot of WB with another DCU reboot?