1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is not about pitching this is about WHOSE offense shows up.

DD

2. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

New day. New Game.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Cole nutted up and dominated the Nationals on the road. Verlander has his opportunity.

everyday eddie and astros123 like this.
  4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

We had Springer and Reddick on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and Altuve at the plate. He had a horrible at bat and struck out. That's where we lost the game, not in the top of that inning when Verlander gave up the 2 solo shots.

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Houstunna and htwnbandit like this.
  6. Elienator

Elienator Member

Strasburg has put on one of the most dominate post-seasons in history. If being better than that is your standard, then only one starting pitcher in the history of baseball has not been a choker: Randy Johnson in 2001 and even he had a loss in the NLDS.

In 2017 in the WS Verlander was 0-1, but he had a 3.75 ERA, .583 WHIP, and averaged more than a strikeout and inning. He clearly was terrible and can't pitch in big games.

7. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

After his no hitter he is not the same. He hit the wall after pitching well over 110 pitches

8. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Agree completely. I'm surrounded by people who don't have a clue or else they are fans of other teams and all they want is for my team to lose so they can feel better about their loser teams (mostly Yankee/Dodger fans). I would really love to be in Houston right now.

9. Buck Turgidson

This. Turning point of the game.

10. astros123

astros123 Member

You really dont wanna be in Houston right now. The entire city is anxious as fk...talk radio all day are being stressed out. Everywhere I walk downtown i see grumpy ass ppl lol.

11. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I snapped at someone in my office last week. So I know what you mean.

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

for the drinkers.... When are you slamming down your first drink?

13. plates300

plates300 Member

First drink? Never stopped from last nights game...

alethios and RasaqBoi like this.
  14. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

I've chilled out the past few hours realizing that my **** attitude towards the world isn't gonna help anything - Unicorns! Rainbows! Love! Go Astros!

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

WHAT IT DO GREINKEEEEEEEEEE

16. Nook

Nook Member

It's game 7 of the World Series........ at home with two Hall of Famers on the mound.

People should be a little more upbeat...... there is basically a 50/50 chance that the Astros are World Series Champions in 10 hours.

If the Astros lose, well no team had a better than 30% chance of winning the World Series entering the playoffs, just getting the World Series is an accomplishment..... this is only the third time it has happened in over 55 years of the Astros existence.

King1, Eric Riley, BigM and 4 others like this.
  17. astros123

astros123 Member

Okay boys I just bought myself a ticket to tonights game. I currently have a 14 game winning streak at MMP during the playoffs. I also currently have a 5 game rockets playoff winnings streak. I am use my good will at only select times. Using ALL my good juju for tonights game. Only other game I attended was Stros game 5 against the rays.

LETS FKIN GOOOOOOOOOO. Il be bringing hell all night. Section 111 row 2 for only 843. 2 rows behind the Nats dugout. You can bet your ass ill be yelling at Dave martinez to sit his ass down if he tries pulling that **** off tonight like he did yesterday! TONIGHT WE BRING HELL EITHER WAY.

#10137 astros123, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I understand, Verlander could have pitched better. Of course, he's capable of pitching a no hitter but...

We are talking about how Stras went out there and as Max said 'Pitched the game of his life' he held our team to two runs, Verlander held their team to 3.

It wasn't Verlander that lost us the game, it was the bullpen moreso and the bats.

I'm just saying when I lay blame for game 6 (and hopefully it won't matter after tonight) but I'd put Verlander down on that list. I just hate the narrative that he's choking these playoff games when he's giving up 2-3 runs per outing.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Right....... and the next time Strasburg pitches in the post season he could get lit up. It is largely dependent on sample size. Baseball is scattered with players that have a good series or a few good series and then fail. Luck and timing play a huge part in it all.

BigM likes this.
  20. alethios

alethios Member

Whatever the outcome, I'm going to make tonight a party and have a blast. Lots of food, adult libations and friends whose shoulders I'll be crying on if they lose or jumping around like loonies if they win. Enjoy, my friends!