1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Neighbor Car Side Of Road

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RasaqBoi, Oct 30, 2019.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

My parents house, they have a neighbor across the street who doesn't use his driveway or garage. He parks his car on the side of his house, but it is in direct space of my parents driveway .... which when backing out of my parents driveway, it makes it pretty difficult for them to get out almost every day & especially at night. (older parents) & just the spacing of the street is not long enough, so it takes them a few in and outs to maneuver.

Tried to google some pics.

Imagine that truck backing out and the (White Truck) is directly in front of the driveway. A couple more cars are on the side, but nothing crazy. The size of there street is also not as wide.

Anyway, long story short. He's been doing this for a few years now. I remember 4-5 years back he had his suv parked like that and someone who was at my parents house for a party, backed out and dented his side door. He told my parents about it and they basically told him that he should stop parking there because it's difficult at night to see. Don't know what happened from there.

I've been watching the stros game there the past few nights, should I confront him? OR Put a note on his car? Feel like he will just move it for a few days and go right back. I don't know the ruling of streets etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Don't be confrontational, and don't put a note on the car. Just have a neighborly talk with him, but ultimately, if there are no HOA rules about parking in the street, there is not much you can do about it.

CCity Zero and RasaqBoi like this.
  3. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Get your parents driving lessons.

JuanValdez likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You should torture him like a whimpering dog.

King1, ThatBoyNick, pirc1 and 3 others like this.
  5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

From the pics that Dodge qualifies as a “Big ass stupid truck” therefore rule 1.10 of the BASTDA (Big ass stupid truck drivers of America) States:
    “When parking always reverse into parking location other drivers must deal with it or kiss your ass” hope that helps.

jev5555 likes this.
  6. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Benadryls inside of Slim Jims

Nook and KingCheetah like this.
  7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Shoot him.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  8. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

The car did nothing wrong and you should be feel bad for hating it. Shoot yourself.

9. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I have no idea why, but I seem to recall you should soak weenies in antifreeze.

ThatBoyNick and FrontRunner like this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Man I have same issue with my across the street neighbors. Their adult kids have some type of disorders, similar to Parkinson’s symptoms I think. They always run into their own vehicles so they park in the street directly behind my driveway.
    I’ve thought about asking them not to but it’s just a small inconvenience to pull out the opposite way I need to.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Unless the HOA has some rule about it, people are allowed to park at the curb. You can explain your parents are old and not great at driving and it's an inconvenience for them, and maybe he'll do something different. But, he's not actually doing anything wrong.

Maybe your parents should also park at the curb. Then they won't have to back out. They can start a trend. Soon, the whole neighborhood will forsake their driveways.

King1 and FLASH21 like this.
  12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Smart

Smarter

:rolleyes:

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you have to back out of your driveway you are a loser and suck at life.

ThatBoyNick, Blurr#7 and IBTL like this.
  14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Buy some land and move them out of the neighborhood.

I did that (for myself) and it worked wonders.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  15. SuraGotMadHops

It drives me crazy when people don't use their garage to park their cars. In my neighborhood people park in the street all the time, many times in the curb in front of my own house. We leave (polite) notes that just request that they park either in their garage or otherwise away from the front of our house. Same thing for cars that park in a way that impedes my route leaving my garage. The notes have worked every time. It's not an anonymous note so if they have an issue they can knock on my door and we can talk about it. A lot of times people do stuff for as long as they can get away with it. The neighbor probably knows he's blocking your parents progress out of the driveway but does not give a damn - it's a matter of "well until they say something I'll keep doing it."

RasaqBoi likes this.
  16. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Honestly, your neighbor may be oblivious to fact it causes issues for your folks. No bad intentions, but just probably clueless.
    I would certainly visit him with an Alex Bregman signed baseball bat next time.

Rashmon and RasaqBoi like this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Do people just refuse to talk to folks face to face? It's really hard to say no to someone in your face.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Some people dislike confrontation.

ThatBoyNick and Sajan like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Seriously?

He has the right to park in the street unless there is an ordinance that says otherwise.

Your parents can park in the street or do what everyone else does, figure it out.

20. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Step 1 ... buy a junker car
    Step 2 ... remove plates
    Step 3 ... hide your face
    Step 4 ... pull into parents driveway, throw it in reverse ... initiate ramming speed
    Step 5 ... dispose of car

ThatBoyNick and Sajan like this.