1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Can I Torture my Neighbor's Dog?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Oct 29, 2019.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

So my neighbor is an idiot and has 2 pitbulls that he likes to either a) leave chained in his front yard so they can growl and bark at all the kids getting off the school bus every afternoon or 2) leave roaming in his back yard where they can growl and bark at my kids through a loose board on his side of the fence.

I bought a dog whistle on Amazon that had great reviews but it doesn't work for ****. My dog can't even hear it. Is there one out there that really works?

Anyone have a similar experience? What did you do about it?

A few things for clarification:

• my neighbor may or may not be in a prison gang, so confronting him about it isn't an option - would like something I can do on the down-low lest he finds out and puts a hit out on me
    • we're moving at the beginning of next year so just looking for a short term solution
    • people on our neighborhood website have complained about these dogs too

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

you want to torture a dog because of the owner's decisions. and apparently you're too scary of said owner, so just take it out on the dog

[​IMG]

BigShasta, Fyreball, fattz and 23 others like this.
  3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

buy earplugs until you move or go prison rules and shank the neighbor

it's not the dogs fault their owner is an idiot.

4. jacoby

jacoby Member

You are too much of a coward to confront the owner about their dog so you want to cause pain and suffering to an animal who is living in already piss-poor conditions?

My suggestion is to acquire a cyanide pill and consume it with a cold glass of water.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This.

Take it up with the owners personally, admittedly trying to torture the dogs is making you sound like a POS. You're not going to get the positive response you were looking for by making this thread OP.

da_juice, malakas, Uprising and 2 others like this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

When I lived in the Heights near N. Main, I'd walk my dog and see a lot of pitbulls chained (or other watch dogs)...neighbors, mechanic shops, used car lots. I found that it was very easy to become greats friends of those dogs.

They actually want to be your friend. If you want, you can become their bestest friend.
    1. First, don't look in their eyes, and don't try to pet them. But drop them *real* beef jerky.
    2. Repeat #1 for a week, ideally, same time every day
    3. Eventually, they won't bark at you. They will wag their tail (and drop their ears) ... wait for it...patience over time.
    4. At this point you can let them lick you on the hand. Don't force it. Come back next day.
    5. At this point, you can actually climb the fence or open it and fill their water dish. They often don't have water.
    6. Keep doing it. Same time every day.
    7. At this point, you are besties.
    My whole plan here wasn't to make friends...I just couldn't stand to see their water dishes empty. That was the goal.

I've seen pits die on chains because of that, in the Heights.

#6 heypartner, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Use a screw gun and a few wood screws to tighten up that loose fence board from your side.

da_juice, fattz, Uprising and 5 others like this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Do you live in the ghetto?

9. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Sometimes even prison gang members want to be good neighbors. You should start by saying that people are complaining about the dogs and if he minds helping you to fix the fence.

fattz and justtxyank like this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I was hoping the responses would just keep escalating but wasn't sure where to go after the guy who told you to commit suicide.

o_O

Anyway, I know it's a difficult situation. Agree with the other folks to fix the fence, feed the dog some treats and otherwise deal with it.

11. Fantasma Negro

Throw some doggy treats or cheese squares stuffed with benadryl and melatonin over the fence.

CometsWin likes this.
  12. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Fix the hole in the fence so they don't see and bother your kids.

da_juice and Uprising like this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I hear guns solve all sorts of problems.

Not for the dogs though, that’s pure evil.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you torture the dogs, they'll get meaner and meaner until I have to post "LOL, told you so" when you start a thread about your neighbor's dog breaking free and mauling your children.

The dog is already being tortured by its owner who os neglecting it. Dont make it worse.

Step1:
    Feed the dog treats regularly until it loves you more than its owner and views your approach with anticipation. Dog will get fat and doughy and which will piss off its douchy owner who views the dog as a tough guy prop.

(Optional)
    Step 2:
    Once it loves you, train it to kill and sic it on its former master.

#15 Ottomaton, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    da_juice, malakas, Uprising and 7 others like this.
  15. Asian Sensation

Nah, prison gang member and his pits live in a well-to-do, affluent neighborhood in the heights.

da_juice and justtxyank like this.
  16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I've done the treat thing before for a dog that the entire neighborhood hated. One day, the terrible owner lady yelled at me. I called her a b**** and moved on.

theimpossibles1, ElPigto and Jontro like this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

@ima_drummer2k thought he was starting a light-hearted thread about some pesky dogs and his wacky neighbor... I bet he didn't expect this level of burning pitchforks aimed at him.

crose, da_juice, fattz and 9 others like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is 1 of the most pathetic threads of all time

u haven’t even tried to talk to your neighbor, but are ready to “torture” the dog...my god man, this is so pathetic

Where do they do this type of stuff at? Smh.

Uprising and Lurch like this.
  19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I wish dogs had a say in where they go and who can own them.

To your neighbor and whoever just chains their dogs up without water, they can all kiss my ass. Why get a dog in the first place, when you cant give them 10 minutes out of your day?

malakas, hieuytran, B-Bob and 3 others like this.