1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden and WB connection better then Harden and CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Oct 28, 2019.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sure but dont use fake numbers to state your takes. Its makes it a lot harder to convince people.

2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Should we shut down clutchfans till then?

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares about convincing them?

There was massive, nonsensical Westbrook bashing in here for years. No one would acknowledge how good he is, and it is sublime to see the silence in here after he has been Oscar Robertson for 3 straight games. Clutch can barely give him a compliment that isn’t backhanded in some way. It’s hilarious. :D

Dude can hoop, and is clearly on a entirely different plane of existence than CP3 at this point. We are so freaking lucky to have had 2017 CP3 and 2019 Russell Westbrook. Enjoy it...

jerryclark and fckbandwagons like this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Just saying, if u r going to try to back up your opinion or hot take dont use bs numbers. Like y does one even has to do that?

Wb has been playing well, thats for sure.

5. Caprah

Caprah Member

I’ve saw another Harden Russ ally pop connection and the play at the end of the game where Russ found a cutting James off the baseline in a almost and 1 was beautiful

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Westbrook is playing more efficiently this season, which is something I never thought I would say. Looks like somebody told him to stop jacking up so many long contested 2s and take it to the rim where he’s clearly elite at. BBIQ is a lot better so far.

D-rock likes this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That dribble hand off play they ran a couple times where harden comes curling up from the right corner around the screen is scary.

Run thar again and again please

D-rock, Denovo, DaDakota and 2 others like this.
  8. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I dont think anyone felt like this this after Game 1.

Denovo, icewill36, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not at all. Anyone around here knows I’ve made it clear team first is what I care about. And last I check through 3 games there’s a ton of work to do. I’m actually surprised you came in here as of 3 games in the results are clear. Nah I’m not in that boat. The defense is atrocious and that’s just 1 thing. Why all the fussing? Ask op and this game 3 attempt at I told you so towards myself and others. That’s a good start

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

a lot more alley oops ;)

hakeem94 and mockster like this.
  11. mockster

mockster Member

did you miss the OKC days or were you not born yet?.

yaknow only had like 2-3 seasons together but apparently I’m pulling this out of thin air.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Are u dumb? I’ve already said twice that Harden and Russ have a better connection. Read before replying, and while you’re at it, stop pulling stuff out the bottom of your ass when trying to make a point. Facts over fake news.

13. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

WB? What's this about Warner Brothers? Or are we talking about West Baltimore, according to Melo's tattoo? Or maybe someone thinks Russell's middle name is West and last name Brook o_O

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

There are two sides of the court.

Thus far Westbrook has played well on the offensive side of the court.

However he has been a downgrade on the defensive side of the ball.

It has only been three games. Teams are going to try and force Westbrook to shoot the ball and confuse him on the other side of the floor.

The Rockets are trying to add players to help defensively.

Let’s wait until at least December before drawing any real conclusions.

DaDakota, YOLO, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  15. mockster

mockster Member

But what does this have to do with harden and wbs connection?.

this thread wasent comparing or saying WB or harden are gonna be more successful just stating they have a better connection among each other

I mean I don’t think harden and Paul had a defensive connection?, I think Paul was just a really good defender and smart. This isn’t a Paul vs Westbrook Thread

Also I know it’s early in the season but I’m taking a lot of consideration from okc days since it doesn’t appear that much has changed since then

16. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, through 3 games Harden and WB look more in sync than CP3 and Harden ever did. After seeing CP3 move last night, it's clear making the trade was the right decision.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Harden has been assisted on 33% of his 2pt field goals which would be a career high as a Rocket.

Small sample size of course

D-rock likes this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This seems fair -

DD

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

stop it Nook. we all know without a shadow of a doubt the rockets are better right now. There's nothing else to wait and see according to cf's

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes

Both Harden and CP3 slowed the Pace to a crawl too often last season. Harden to force a favorable mismatch
    and because CP3 could not sustain the fast pace without blowing out a tire.

Harden can continue his style while Westbrook for the most part can run the 6-seconds or less, “I don’t give
    a F - - -!!” style. This is why I projected Westbrook as having the ball more in his hands....plus Westbrook
    set a tremendous “Ast%” while on a lesser team (OKC). Not a terrible passer—all the time.