1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parking your stupid big ass truck and backing it in everytime wtf?!?!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by IBTL, Oct 29, 2019.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Ok if you have a big ass truck why do you have to park it facing out?

Are you law enforcement that you need to escape? No this is a kroger (not a chemical plant) and you are a raging dork to own a truck that size and make everyone wait FOREVER while you do your hundred point turn and inconvenience everyone.

If you do this you are a loser and suck at life.

Ubiquitin, Jontro, ROXTXIA and 16 others like this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I do this with my 2000 Toyota Camry.

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I drive an older F150, so nothing too huge, but if going to a store etc. I usually pull through an open space toward the back of the lot and park forward instead of reversing in. Don't have a backup camera so it's a little safer/easier to get out that way.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's a lot easier to park a long truck this way, you use your mirrors and you also have more overhang in the rear to go over the curbing than in the front of the vehicle.

try walking a mile in the other fellow's shoes first

STR8Thugg, Blurr#7, Nook and 2 others like this.
  5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Always irritates me when people buy vehicles they can't drive.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Big truck people are losers.

If you have a confederate flag, loud exhaust, Aggie or come and take it sticker on a big truck. Even bigger loser.

Saw a big Z71 truck the other day. Told the 40 year old guy - nice truck, I thought they stopped making those in high school.

NEXT.

7. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I like to take up 2-3 spots or so, that way when I load my groceries it's a lot easier. And this way I'm not in the way of others trying to park correctly. Oh and I'm not talking about this backing in mess, it's simply parking on the wrong angle, driving across the lines perpendicular, or simply using the line as a guide, so you know... Like entirely wrong. I then get memes made about me, complaints, my car keyed etc etc , but in the end I get to park so awesome. I mean you never know when you'll need to slide across your hood to drive off fast.

Side note I don't do this but.... Yeah, this I think adds to the whole don't know how to back up/back in/Park in general correctly thing...

Jontro and Houstunna like this.
  9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is waiting 10 seconds really going to ruin your day?

B-Bob, donkeypunch and Jontro like this.
  10. marky :)

marky :) Member

It's easier to get out of the spot when leaving. If anything, I'd rather have them back into a spot than wait for them to do the 100 point turn backing out of one.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I have a F-150 supercrew. It's safer to back in and be able to see out when it's time to leave (I don't have a camera but I do have sensors). Also, just easier to park, at least for me.

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Is parking normal going to ruin theirs?

Sajan likes this.
  13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

How is it safer to back in if you cant see?
    How is it safer to leave?

I dont hold this against you leroy since you are a good guy but *tsk tsk

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Regardless of car type, backing in is smart IMO. How many times do people back into cars speeding down parking lots, how many times do people back into people pushing shopping carts, and god forbid kids walking behind the car that you can't see if you don't have a rearview camera?

When you back in, you can see everything before and while you are pulling out. It makes sense for all cars, but more so big trucks that have big blind spots.

15. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

In some of those spots, it gets pretty tough to backout, if the people on the other side of the isle didn't park right.

Normally at grocery stores, I won't back in. But in garages, I tend to back in. Also will back in at church, because when everyone is leaving, its tough to back out (no one will wait for you). People who ride on my butt while in a garage suck, but, I'll just make another lap around. I got time.

I also back in with my wife's outback.

IBTL likes this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah, it's probably just a minority of all truck drivers that suck, but it's a really loud minority. The vast majority of major assholes and road ragers I've seen are lifted truck drivers.

IBTL likes this.
  17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

How is it safer when I pull forward to more easily be able to see what's in front of me? I'm not sure what you're not getting here. I can see a lot more through my windshield than the mirrors.

dmoneybangbang and Nook like this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

A huge proportion of accidents happen while backing up.

I believe statistically that backing into a spot is much safer than backing out of one, since you're not really going backwards into cross traffic, plus you don't have two cars on either side limiting your vision.

Having a big giant ass $50,000 pickup though is pretty damned stupid, I'll give you that one.

don grahamleone, sammy and IBTL like this.
  19. SuraGotMadHops

I drive a crewcab truck, nothing lifted or super gigantic but after losing cars to floods, and countless rims and tires to potholes, I felt I needed a truck to commute around this city safely and survive the elements.

Any truck guy will tell you it is way easier to back in and pull out of parking spots. Knowing this, however, I made to point to really take the time to practice and learn how to back into a spot quickly. I will purposely park far and away from other cars if I see a spot that I cannot maneuver into easily and just let somebody else have it. So I see no problem with big trucks, but if you have one learn how to maneuver it.

The fellow you are complaining about either needs to get better at parking, or park further in more wide open spaces until he learns.

STR8Thugg, IBTL and cmoak1982 like this.
  20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The truth is it's easier to park reverse with the rearview camera. My wife does this all the time, it's harder to park forward when it's a tight spot. I'm old school and still check all the mirrors, I don't trust the camera with the outlines.

STR8Thugg, don grahamleone and sammy like this.