1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unplayable players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

There is a Ben McLemore 30 points game coming,

very soon.

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

While I don't blame Morey to sign Nene, its worth a shot if they will allow it.

But Hartenstein and Gary Clark are both completely useless, they should have cut them already.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think there are a lot of big teams where we may need Tyson. Philly, Lakers, for example. He's a vet, a playoff vet, these guys often come in handy when the playoffs roll around.

Really just a matter of if MDA will play Tyson. He's not unplayable as in he's bad, you just have to know when and how to use him.

J Sizzle likes this.
  4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I don't understand ignoring Clemons if nobody else can make an open 3. Treat him like Gerald. Allow him a few possessions and pull him if he's cold.

jboslett, hakeem94, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I just don't understand the obsession with short-ish players who kinda shoot the three. In all the world, there is no dude 6'9" or above who can play decent defense and can shoot a little?

Tucker will be in the hospital if this keeps up.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jeff Green would’ve been nice

all Morey can seem to get are old, undersized players who can’t manage to shoot above average from 3

Have we ever been an above average 3 point shooting team in the Harden era? Seeing this team miss 30 threes every night can get hard to watch. These guys will be wide open too, and still, it’s nothing but bricks.

hakeem94, Chamillionaire and ashleyem like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

James Harden.

Too soon? :p

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

There are players such as that, but the Rockets weren't interested in paying for them.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Problem is, when other teams go big we just go smaller.

jcmoon and ashleyem like this.
  10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

GET. THIS, MAN.

11. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

we don't want tucker boxing out Dwight or cousins when you have AD and LeBron doing a high pick and roll outside the 3 point line. You want tucker guarding the 3. They need a big body in the paint or they'll just dump it off for an easy dunk! at least Anderson might at least make them shoot it versus an easy dunk if they have Thabo on them.

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. realonemo

realonemo Member

Anderson should be playing at least 10-12 min a game reg season if he's healthy. One thing he can absolutely do is rebound. Also damn near everybody is shooting like **** from 3 so what's the problem if he's healthy.

13. Nook

Nook Member

The issue isn't that MDA isn't playing them....... it is that they are not good enough to get minutes.

The Rockets need players that fit their system and have some talent..... and that isn't the case for 5 guys on the roster.

D-rock and ROXTXIA like this.
  14. ROXTXIA

Are you trying to say the Rockets' owner---who also owns Joe's Crab Shack, where my wife and I went and ate dinner but after $35 left hungry because of small rip-you-off portions---is cheap?!

I want Carl Herrera to weigh in on this.

J Sizzle likes this.
  15. ROXTXIA

But Thabo Sefolosha is a great player to have. In the locker room.

Nook likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Thabo is fine, but people have unreasonable expectations. While it is true he has a really long wingspan and can hit 3's........ he is very old, he is supposed to be a bit player but like predicted, they will lean on him too much because he is the closest they have to a long 3/4....

Until the length/fit issues inside are addressed, this team is going to struggle defensively and rely too much on Harden and Westbrook and Gordon.

Deuce and justtxyank like this.
  17. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Our salary bill is higher than the Clippers, in fact it's one of the highest in the league. The Clips just got their role players first on bargain contracts and then got the stars, we got stars first then built around them.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

When you have the worst owner in the league that happens

J Sizzle likes this.
  19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'd add Thabo to that list of dudes I wouldn't play , he's been "turrabl" so far. I had hopes he could eat into Tuckers minutes some …. but by the looks of the first week , that aint happening , Tucker's gonna play 40.

McLemore looked competent in preseason …. hasn't been as good in games 1-3.

Tyson Chandler has had his moments. They just cant switch everything when he's on the floor. I wouldn't put him on the DNP CD list.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

That very well could be true. But man, if he has that little faith in them, and they are that bad this early in the season, this is going to be a LONG season. I feel like there has to be something redeeming about each one of them, and the puzzle of how they fit will either get MDA an extension or fired.

Vivi and Nook like this.