1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unplayable players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 29, 2019.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Maybe the problem is the coach ;)

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Anderson was just "kicking the tires" move, that's why his deal is extremely unguaranteed.

Hartenstein and Clark are both projects that have disappointed so far, I'm guessing Morey just waiting for those deals to end to let these guys go.

Nene is just a wrong move due to getting screwed by the NBA.

Chandler, Maclemore both have roles on this team Dumbtoni just too dumb to play them.

3. ballgame

ballgame Member

Been saying it for years. He does not know how to put together a roster. You have to know how to build around your star player. Harden's weaknesses are well known; lack of defense intensity and not overly athletic. So you surround him with guys who has those traits! Morey has had Harden for 10yrs and to this very day, we still have a team that lacks those traits!

As soon as he picked up Westbrook, I would have went after Jeff Green. Green could've been signed as a Free Agent. Ryan Anderson makes absolutely NO SENSE!

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would like to see Hatenstein get backup C minutes.

DD

juanm34 and Fantasma Negro like this.
  5. Fantasma Negro

He did a good job on Galinari. I think he will pay dividends when we play guys like Galo, Love, Siakam, Horford, all those long young dudes in Denver and bigs like Blake Griffin. His length and defensive acumen will justify his minutes, he just needs to start knocking down that three that he supposed to be shooting in the high 30s pecentage wise.

Ryan Anderson is ****ing useless

6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I love your optimism and I hope you're right. I really dislike him right now because I get annoyed at guys who wont shoot open shots. If you stand at the three point line and the ball is passed to you while you're open, I want you to shoot it. Thabo's favorite move is to get the ball wide open, hesitate for no reason, then dribble the ball two or three times toward the basket, then pass it away. He needs a little more of that Gerald Green mentality. I'm probably underrating his defense because of this.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that will work

8. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Imagine if Dwight embraced his role and backed up CC now

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Wrong, they used the available money:

#29 SamFisher, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    thekad likes this.
  10. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Right now the playoff rotation would look like this

Capella
    Tucker
    House
    Harden
    Westbrook

Gordon
    Rivers
    And maybe thefalosha
    To small and the rockets talk about winning a championship
    Same thing every year where's the improvenent

11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i never imagined the loss of gerald green would actually be significant for us....thats how trash this bench is

juanm34 and vlaurelio like this.
  12. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Hart
    Hartenstein got potential if you look at his defensive numbers from last year ,they are pretty good,mike needs to put him out there and give him a chance ,

icewill36 likes this.
  13. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

I wish. If only we could develop our young guys so they could contribute. We can hardly stay in the lead with our main rotation guys.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is the difference between us and the Clippers

One paid for depth. One didn't.

BaselineFade likes this.
  15. lionaire

lionaire Member

We can't afford to get off to the type of start that we did last season and MDA knows it. Look for him to slowly integrate some of the newer guys as we begin to hit our stride as a team.

FrontRunner likes this.
  16. jboslett

jboslett Member

MDA needs to open up the bench while the schedule is soft to see what he has. Not playing Anderson, Clark, or Clemons so far, just to get a look, has been mind boggling.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

There's this thing called a rotation?
    See, how it works is, there are a limited number of minutes in a basketball game. And only five players can be on the court. . . . There's some math involved. . . .

18. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

All NBA teams drop to about a 7 or 8 man rotation in playoffs so I’m okay with that. However, I would like to see him use the bench more and at least try to develop some young guys. But MDA is not that type of coach. It is what it is.

BaselineFade likes this.
  19. thekad

thekad Member

An 8 man rotation at the beginning of the season to beat non-playoff teams isn’t a good sign. Ideally, 10 guys should be getting regular minutes.

Too bad Tilman is cheap.

20. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Don't want to hard cap before the trade deadline with whatever filler was out there. Maybe we can package some of this expiring garbage with picks for a decent bench piece at the deadline.