1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey was given the order from the Tillmans to complete this trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 12, 2019.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

For Morey's sake I hope there isn't any truth to this. Otherwise, coupled with the whole China thing, Tilman has got to be thinking, "What is this guy good for if I'm the one who had to pull the trigger on this obvious trade?"

hakeem94 and vlaurelio like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No way Morey wanted Westbrook, the guy just can't shoot, and when the playoffs get here teams will just pack the paint and let him brick all day long.

We are DRAMATICALLY worse this year than last, and SHOCKINGLY worse than 2 years ago.

We are going the wrong way....we are getting shorter, and have a 3pt shooting team of non- elite 3pt shooters.

When arguably your best 3pt shooter is a guy you found in the G league in House, you are in trouble.

I feel that Harden has 2 years left, this is a waste of one of those years.

DD

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

The fuvk? If we are worse it is because Harden is playing like he's relearning how to play basketball right now and Gordon can't hit the side of a barn. Westbrook has been far and away the team's best player so far.

Bo6, RudyTBag, CCity Zero and 5 others like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This guy.

topfive, Bo6, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Had to check if you posted this a week ago.

you are losing it DD. Paul has regressed and will continue to regress. You seem so concerned about Harden’s window that you wanted him to suffer and eventually demand a trade because Paul was here and not his best friend.

topfive, hakeem94, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

just sayin'

And I guess you're mad at JH and EGo right now, because they're our two best.

hakeem94, D-rock, vlaurelio and 6 others like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

who needs statistics when you can just rant

topfive and hakeem94 like this.
  8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Good.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'm betting this post won't age well, and that'll be a good thing for everyone, including you.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Wow. This thread is now 20 pages. All from the same source that claimed Iggy’s camp narrowed his destination down to us and the Lakers.....until reports came out Clippers may also land him, which led to the source claiming the Clippers players were starting to change Iggy’s mind.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

DaDakota lost it a long time ago. In fact you can make a case he never had it to begin with.

CCity Zero, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nah, his vids were truly entertaining. He just went down a darker road.

3 games in though.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

You're such a drama queen and you're way wrong that we're DRAMATICALLY worse than last year. We sucked last year until Harden took over but it nearly killed him. This squad is MUCH better then last years.

topfive, jcmoon, CCity Zero and 2 others like this.
  14. DaDakota

I do think Paul has regressed but so has Westbrook, his shooting has been in decline for the last few years.

It is a make or miss league - we miss too much - in any statistical analysis we are worse...

Adding Russell Westbrick was at best, AT BEST a lateral move......even with a declining Paul - who is WAY better on D than Rus.

Sorry, this is a ""Star ****er" move -not one that promotes winning.

DD

15. riko

riko Member

You are out of your mind. Russ is shooting 50% from the field and 36 from the 3pt line.Both are career highs and even if he regresses it still will be a respectable compared to his previous years so that blows out you’re regress theory out of the water.

16. DaDakota

I never lost anything, but when realists are around being real for too long, those that want to clap their hands and say "There is no place like home" will get irritated.

It is ok to disagree, I 100% HATE this roster it is too short - and doesn't fit.

Happy to be proven wrong, can't wait to win those 65 games this year......now time to go drop a Deuce.

:)

DD

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It blows my mind that someone could watch Paul this year and conclude that he is as good as Russell Westbrook.

CCity Zero, ipaman and hakeem94 like this.
  18. DaDakota

Long season, let's see how it goes.

DD

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That's so last year. Or are you saying Melo, Knight, MCW and Shump were fits?

Last year was when Tilman blew it in the Summer, and I was furious.

This year's roster is at least better than last year to start the season. If for no other reason than we don't have Melo and have Rivers/House from get go. We don't even have to discuss WB being better than Paul, when you don't have Melo.

ipaman, hakeem94, Deuce and 1 other person like this.
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Point being is, If Russ were available and the Rockets didn't make a move for him Harden would have demanded a trade.

Now tell what what team wins more? A team with or without James Harden?