1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden and WB connection better then Harden and CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Oct 28, 2019.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

The whole team’s connection seems to be better as far as moving the ball and finding one another, but unfortunately no one can make any shots. I am excited to see how much better the offense looks with more body and ball movement but it’s frustrating seeing so many bricks. Like why? How?

2. mockster

mockster Member

where’d you get the stat from?. 39 times is not a lot nor were there very highlighted plays

but you know damn well cp3 harden connection was non existent. You gonna sit here and act like it was?.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s readily available online...u should have looked it up before making stuff up

I’m sitting here and acting like Russ and Harden don’t have more assists between them in 2 games than Harden and CP had in 2 seasons...

majicdonjuan and hakeem94 like this.
  4. riko

riko Member

Harden and Brodie just play so well together. They read and react to each other really well. As for Paul, it’s sad watching him in his current slow no explosive self. He was struggling again to beat anyone off the dribble tonight much like all of last season.I can’t see any GM dumb enough trading for his salary given his insane decline

5. mockster

mockster Member

I mean they pretty much do and you know exactly what I’m talking about

try finding an assist play between harden and Paul, you might find one if your lucky

you know damn well they never passed to each other and I guess you don’t get over exaggerations, I was making a point,

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea that connection is great, but that doesnt mean they will have more success as a duo.

7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Did I see Harden cut off the ball and Westbrook hit him for a scoring assist in the games closing minutes??

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

ok. how about the defensive connection is atrocious so far. or does that not count :rolleyes:

but if game 3 tells you everything you need to know, kudos to you there. why didn't you make this after game 1

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

no, they pretty much don’t...facts over fake news

Russ and Harden have a better connection...no need for fake news of this caliber to make a point tho

majicdonjuan and BaselineFade like this.
  10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I can see some new synergies.

The pace is higher, the offense is less predictable, Westbrook breaks them out of iso mode.

But also the defense is much worse. And Chris Paul only lineups were very good last yesr.

That said maybe this offense will be harder to defend and game plan for in the playoffs

majicdonjuan likes this.
  11. jowman

jowman Member

Cp3 was great thst year with harden but don’t underestimate the inprotance of wing depth we had on that team.

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I find it hard to believe that wb and harden has more assist w/ each other over 2 seasons of harden and cp3. U gotta stop spreading bs to make a valid point of harden and wb having better synergy.

Please give numbers b4 making sht up.
    In 3 games harden has: 26 assists.
    In 3 games wb has: 29 assists.

Pretty sure they didnt even assist each other that much this seasons. Lets say 50% was to each other so 13+14= 27 assists. (Being generous)

U telling me that 2 years worth of harden and cp3, and they didnt assist each other over 27 assists? Pretty hard to believe.

#32 DatRocketFan, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    nacho bidness and YOLO like this.
  13. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Ariza, Luc, Capela before he was trash. Thats pretty much half of dantoni's rotation

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s hard to believe because it’s not true...CP assisted Harden 39 times during the 18-19 regular season, and Harden assisted CP 14 times

in 17-18, CP assisted Harden 29 times, and Harden assisted CP 19 times

these numbers would be higher if CP didn’t miss 20+ games both seasons

prior to this game tonight, Harden had assisted Russ twice, and Russ had yet to record an assist to Harden

OP just made sh*t up to try and prove his point

#FactsOverFakeNews

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

[​IMG]

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Harden loves to throw long outlet passes and WB loves to get out and run in transition. Don't you guys remember those half court lobs to Capela when he leaks out into transition? WB is also fantastic at it. WB on his side of things is a huge magnet for the opposing D during transition, meaning if the D catches up and collapses, he can kick out to a wide open, trailing Harden who finally made it to the perimeter. Both of them are also strong guards, so they can easily set screens for each other.

RichieBanks likes this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is it a hot take to say that Westbrook is significantly better than Chris Paul right now?

(Then why all the fussing?)

You seem salty Bro.

18. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Yep, they did well against 2 bad teams. Hope they can find this same magic with the best of the west (whoever that ends up being).

19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

QTFT

20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I think most everyone would take 2017 CP3 over just about anyonee, but 2018 and 2019 CP3 is a 4th option on a championship team.