1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

First season-ticket sellout since '99... Clyde's first year as coach? Let's hope this turns out better.

B-ball freak likes this.
  2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Can't be any worse.

Hippieloser likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

And that memphis team stacked themselves with a bunch of elite talent this offseason. their matchups are going to be great battles

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

YOLO likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

8. Nook

Nook Member

They were confident from day one he would get the waiver........ and he did......

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Bring it, Penny. I look forward to Houston slapping you in your b**** mouth for a title once again.

10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Its amazing it took this long based on his situation. We all know he played at Kansas last year and declared for the draft, but when he withdrew his name Kansas didn't have any scholarships left for him so he was basically forced to transfer to UH. Thank you so much KU, but F-U to the NCAA for taking so long to approve this waiver.

11. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Once coach gets these boys to play his style, teams are going to regret seeing UH on their schedule. Grimes should fit well here.

12. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have never seen Grimes play, but from what I read he fits in anywhere!
    Though it suddenly dawns on me, if he was sniffing around the draft, he is probably one and done here.

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

As if we weren’t before hand.

Go Coogs!

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

15. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Coach is obviously upset Brooks got such bad advice. If he'd stayed he could have worked on his game and been a feature of the offense and maybe he'd been able to actually get drafted and stick on a roster at 6'3".

The fact that he is telling a few guys not to shoot the new three on this roster is telling. This team needs time to learn the Sampson way and grow but coach seems very optimistic that they can get it done. Coogs are going to play defense again and wear the opponent out with 5 guards.

Listening to coach talk about where this program was resurrected from is awesome. UH is so fortunate to have landed Sampson and keep him.

Go Coogs!

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

tbh if you gave me the choice of having Brooks or Quentin Grimes, I'm going Grimes without a doubt. Of course, this is knowing now he's eligible to play immediately rather than waiting an entire year. His talent is just gonna be such a problem under Sampson

17. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

The only issue is Brooks is a "sniper" as coach says. That dynamic is going to be missed this season. Now Grimes should become elite in the pick and roll offense with this roster. Like he said 8 reb 8 assists the other day. I just think deep shooting can keep you in games, bring you back or put it away so quickly.

I'm glad to see Grimes here I just feel bad that Brooks got bad advice and you can tell coach does too.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah itll be missed more based off how they played last season but with brooks here, grimes wouldn't have been here this season. the team will adjust to playing a different way with versatile scorers. we know this team thrives on defense. the size and length of houston's guards now will be elite once again

19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Brooks would have had a monster season and most likely drafted after this year. Someone gave him terrible advice.

Madmanmetz likes this.