1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Comedian 2000-2020?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Jun 19, 2019.

1. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Mitch Hedburg​

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Amy Schumer anyone? Her groundbreaking comedy really shook the world when she walked onto stage to talk about her private parts.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Doesn’t matter what you think about him, but Kevin Heart is definitely near the top.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

WTF?
    That **** was madd boring

Rocket River

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

This is INCORRECT.

But I can see why people dont understand certain comedians. I dont see how people think Bernie Mac is funny but he has a huge following, just as Aziz does.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Bernie? What?

Rocket River

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I know, Im in the minority on this one..., but I cant stand him, his material, his delivery and his bug eyes.

A lot of people cant find Tracy Morgan funny but I lmao to his stand ups.

8. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Bill Hader.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. VanityHalfBlack

Did we watch the same special??? Are you looking for fart jokes or observational material?

donkeypunch likes this.
  10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

CK's production and writing career is done, which probably complicates his ability to package recorded specials. The real scandal was his manager undermining the female comics who complained about him. I think that guy had a producer credit on Pamela Adlon's show so CK's entire development network is tainted. He can probably continue to do sets but now he's at the mercy of club owners rather than engaging concert bookers or media networks through managers.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

George Carlin died in 2008. If you guys want to have this argument, make it 2009-2020.

Nobody compares to Carlin.

12. likestohypeguy

To sum up...

Comedians others like that I don't: Overrated. Not funny, like at all.

Comedians I like that others don't: You don't get it, too clever for you.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

14. likestohypeguy

I still dont find most of what theo vonn says, his actual jokes or half joke/references very funny at all, but sometimes he kills me circumstancially. Random reaction comments- I've seen every sean evan's hot ones interview to date, and I have never laughed as hard at one of these episodes as I did for just a minute or so in theo's. When sean was trying to get him more napkins, told someone off set to bring it over, theo incredulously- "bring what over?!" Suspects the tissues of being hot, and the sharon osborne guess in a half second. I was dying, watched that sequence mulitple times ( though you can truly skip the first half, when he was trying to be funny). Though you have to kind of build to it.

Just have always been a fan since the first road rules 20 years ago or w/e.

BigM likes this.
  15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Vonn is awesome on Rogan and that Hot ones episode was fantastic. I listened to one of his comedy specials and it was ok. I think he’s more of great guest or sidekick.

On a related note, the Kevin Hart hot ones episode also had me rolling. I think his stand up sucks but he’s a funny guy if that makes any sense.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I saw Jimmy O Yang last night (Jin Yang from Silicon Valley). He was surprisingly fantastic. Probably the best set I've seen in 2 years.

17. Roscoe Arbuckle

Saw my 20 year old son this weekend and we were talking about favorite comedians. His is John Mulaney, which Is a good answer.

The weird part was he didn't even know who Chappelle was?!? His generation never saw Chappelle Show.

18. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I really like Patrice O'Neal (RIP).

Still waiting to hear something funny from Gabriel Iglesias.

19. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Stanhope at his best is as good as anyone. Hope some of y’all were lucky enough to catch him in Houston a couple weeks ago.

20. JW86

JW86 Member

Are you kidding me? She's annoying and the filthy, naughty talk makes it even worse. It's like a desperate attempt by going over the top to be found funny and I'm sorry to say, but American audience are not in general best to judge comedy. Even Dave Chappelle bombed on his last few Netflix specials and while he was great on the last one, I think many would've said all of his specials are brilliant, great etc. I think because other comedians always prop each other up, like he's the funniest or he's amazing - stereotypical American says amazing a lot to the point that you wonder if there is anything that is not amazing in their eyes - that people follow suit. You can be critical of people you think are funny, it's okay ;)