1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

We've just got to win one game. Win tonight and get our foot in the door. 2-0 in baseball is nothing, frankly 3-0 isn't even insurmountable in this sport.

Honestly, the fact that we already have a title banked has me much more zen about this series. While losing would no doubt suck, I'm OK with it. As a fan being hopeful and excited about the potential of winning without the crushed soul that used to come with defeat is a pretty good place to be in.

That being said, we can definitely still win this. I'm not giving up yet, and nor should any other fan, this group has earned that.

2. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I agree with everything you say. That being said we better start playing like there is no tomorrow and start crushing the ball.

whiskeyred likes this.
  3. AstrosRockets1818

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Alvarez has had good at bats this series. The offense needs it.

everyday eddie and whiskeyred like this.
  5. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

sorry to say this folks, but this is a loss

nats win 7-1

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Tough call for AJ. Of the 3 games in DC today makes the most sense from a matchup standpoint against a righty. Then you use him as a PH in a big spot or sub for Reddick if you get down in either of the other games.

But with the Nats bats being so hot I don't know if you can start him today and chance sub-par outfield play.

I suspect he'll sit today and be saved for a big PH spot.

7. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

The goal has to be win 2 in D.C. to get the series back to H-town for 6&7. Problem is next two games should be toss-ups with the pitching match-ups unless Houston throws Cole in game 4 on four days rest and they may have to.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Aside from all the talk, the Astros need a miracle. I’m all for optimism but the facts say 22 out of 25. One could say there is plenty of smoke blowing out of plenty of asses. In my best “Taken” voice, I will say “good luck” and hope like hell the Astros are Liam Neeson with a particular set of skills to get his f__king daughter (title) back. And, I’ll be the little b**** exclaiming “you came for me!” when he shows up putting a final bullet through the fat man’s head.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

backs very much against the wall and on the road tonight. the stros have done it before. They can get back in this series starting with tonight. A lot of baseball left to be played. Bring the nationals back down the earth and see what happens!

10. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Road for a comeback begins tonight. 7 - 3 win. Greinke pitches well and adds a rbi hit.
    #takeitback

11. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

12. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I really hope we win today.

13. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Lmao - I can see the script notes: “so we feel there’s a connection missing with the audience here, maybe we need a montage - who wrote that song for part 3? Oh yeah Survivor, Let’s get them to do a new track, and maybe Rocky just goes for a long drive in his fancy car and reflects on the first three movies”

Nook likes this.
  14. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

It was the Age of Montages.

If you can watch that and not get pumped the F up, you have a heart of stone.

whiskeyred and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  15. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I woke up this morning and I'm actually at peace. I'm gonna go into the game tonight hopeful, yet unstressed. If we lose we lose. Maybe it's just one of those things in baseball where the Nationals just got hot at the right time. Life goes on.

whiskeyred likes this.
  16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

18. franchise403

franchise403 Contributing Member

I always get this feeling when I realize that my team, or whatever it is I'm hoping for, probably isn't going to happen the way I want it to, and it's best to just sit back and enjoy the ride.

htownrox1 likes this.
  19. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

20. alethios

alethios Member

More like naive Bayesian lol