1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Clippers are far better than the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

In my opinion, they’re not. The Rockets can beat anybody in the NBA—including the Rockets.

...But I don’t fear any team, because we have James MF Harden.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4 starters did not reach double digits.

3. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Good points but I do feel Rivers playoff shooting was a fluke. I think a lot of people here are overestimating Lou Will as well. He is dominant as team's first option, but I don't think we're going to see him put up big numbers as a 3rd option. I expect him to be similar or maybe a little less of a player that he was with us.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So was Freddy Van Vleet’s hot shooting streak in the playoffs a fluke? He did time it perfectly.

5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

yes signifcantly weaker. do you think you could take those rocket players listed without harden / westbrook and they win 48 games and make the playoffs? because that's exactly what the clippers did.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

as long as the Rockets continue to have no legit starting caliber SF and remain 1 of the smallest teams in the league, their chances at a title remain slim

the Clippers ain’t GS with KD, but they are a well built team that can kill it on both ends of the court with 2 two-way, unselfish stars, a great coach, and a great bench...thank God their big man rotation isn’t all that great outside of Harrell or we’d officially have no hope

Doc>MDA
    Kawhi and PG>Harden and Russ
    LAC bench>Rockets bench
    LAC defense>Rockets defense

it’s not looking good

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They also have 2 superstars.

BasketMAD, J Sizzle and BaselineFade like this.
  8. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure I follow your point. I think we can all agree that Rivers probably won't shoot 47% again, unless it's from the free throw line. I've been wrong before though, I didn't think PJ would magically become an elite shooter in the playoffs like he did in 17-18, but sure enough he increased his shot to 46% in the playoffs last season.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. AXG

AXG Member

These Clippers are not better than the 2015-2019 Warriors.

J Sizzle likes this.
  10. foggy94

foggy94 Member

You did answer this later in your own post though that the Clips hardly have size. Zubac was a nice pickup but we'll see how good he truly is, and Montrezl is undersized and has a terrible defensive rebounding rate. In the playoffs I don't think we need anymore than Tuck and Clint to match up on them, but throughout the RS and possibly other matchups I'd love for us to get someone with more size like a Marvin Williams type.

11. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

They're more well rounded & better coached. The Rockets run everything through one player, if he decides he doesn't want to play or compete we're screwed. Kawhi can have a bad game & the Clippers are still competitive

BasketMAD likes this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Clippers are way deeper with better playoff performers, one of whom is probably the best player in the league at this point.

Not sure they’re WAY better, but they are better for sure. Rockets need another legit piece.

BasketMAD and Phillyrocket like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Jerry West really did a great job, the trade for CP3 was ok imo, but the moves he made in the last year he literally killed it...

- got two 1st rounders (one unprotected of an average team) and Shamet for Tobias Harris expiring
    - got a young and quality 3&D like Harkless for free as a salary dump
    - got Jamaychal Green for free from Memphis swapping him with Bradley
    - got Zubac for free from the Lakers swapping him with Muscala

Tbh, i don't even know how those teams/general managers let themselves get raped like this by West, it's not like they don't know how good he has been for years, he basically created the Warriors.

Regardless, like others said i think the Clippers are really good, probably the favourites to win it all, they are deep obviously, but what makes me think they'll be that good is that i think they're filled with gritty and physical players, i like to think about them like the Thunder of the past years, with the difference that they have Kawhi instead of Westbrook and a much better bench.

BaselineFade and Zboy like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Knew this was a BigBum thread before I even clicked.

juanm34 likes this.
  15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Nov.13. The Harden & Westbrick duo will embarrass kuwai and the clipps “ depth”

jcf likes this.
  16. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Yes they are.

17. gotsis

gotsis Member

Unfortunately this is the case. They are a horrible match up for us, but hey, let's see how the games go.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They ARE better than us. But I'm not sure how we'll matchup. Maybe we can paper, rock, scissor them. They will be good but they are not unbeatable. Both of their stars have had injury trouble. It'll be interesting...

19. AXG

AXG Member

Based on what? Kawhi and George are almost a wash defensively with what Warriors had in Draymond Green and Kevin Durant. The Warriors also had long range threats in Curry and Klay Thompson, something the Clippers don't have. Even if we give the slight edge to the Clippers frontcourt, the Warriors backcourt is infinitely better. The Clippers also lack depth outside of their top 5 guys.

Curry> Bev
    Thompson > Lou Will
    Durant > Kawhi
    Draymond < George
    Bogut/Zaza/Cousins = Zubac

apollo33 and DreamShook like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

3 point shooting, as always, is the equalizer.

AXG likes this.