1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No more MVP chants for Bregman until he breaks out of this content stage hes in right now.

2. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Total number of baserunners tonight is incredibly encouraging, as is forcing the Nationals to use every single one of their bullets.

A comeback win tonight could have been demoralizing for them but we just weren't good enough at the plate in big situations. I have confidence they'll figure it out.

3. HTown2017Champs

He was pitched around most of that series. In the last game when he was moved up to bat leadoff he didn't do well. IDK, something is in his system. A nice talk with Hinch/Espada/Snitker or someone might do the trick (as they talked about Soto in the NLCS)

4. Bob Barker 007

Don't give Cole a break for this one. He was outdueled tonight. Giving up three runs in the 5th and a total of five on the night is not going to get the job done. I would've thought we'd be in trouble if he gave up that many. We were facing Scherzer, not Anibal Sanchez.

5. DANA_DASH

DANA_DASH New Member

Until there are robo umpires, you might as well kiss competitive games goodbye because as long as one bad call can potentially ruin a rally, the outcome of the game will always belong to the 10th freakin player on the field - the umpire.

6. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

11 men LOB. Maddening.

everyday eddie likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dump the Aggie GF Bregman! ;)

Need wheelbarrow Bregman, not shriveled Bregman.

whiskeyred and conquistador#11 like this.
  8. SemisolidSnake

Well, that game proved something: you can't simply outlast your opponents. They literally worked Scherzer out of the game in 5 innings on pitch count alone, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. You've got to attack to kill from the beginning.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don’t watch enough of Bergman in the regular season to know. I get he crowds the plate. Seemed to work against him tonight as the ump was willing to call pretty much any borderline corner pitch a strike. So he was getting pitched inside perfectly.

Which happens. The problem is when he lets that get to his head so then effectively misses the next hittable pitch.

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Cole messed up too, but he's earned one. Don't do it again though.

JV needs to step up. He's had a couple of clunkers 2 of 3 starts. Both were road games, now he's home. He needs to perform home and in Washington. Offense needs to score.

11. htownbball

htownbball Member

We need to pitch inside more. Cole just throwing balls on the outer half. Too predictable. JV gonna tie them up inside all night tomorrow.

Bregman needs to go up the middle or away. Keep it simple.

bcast89 likes this.
  12. Biggio Was His Name-O

I know the Nationals have been hot but Cole has his worst game in 4 months and we lost by a run. We need to make some adjustments and take the next three just like the Yankees series.

gatsby, CCity Zero and everyday eddie like this.
  13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Tonight and tomorrow are going to be very annoying until the game starts. And theirs the anxiousness watching the game hoping we don't go down 0-2 with 3 straight games at Washigton.

14. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Somehow MLB.com also counted 25 at bats leaving men on base...

15. Elienator

Elienator Member

Not getting that double play was huge. Would have been out of the inning...

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  16. PhiSlammaJamma

If we can't win with a rotation of Cole, Verlander, and Greinke, then we don't deserve to win. But I believe we turn this around. All we have to do is get this back to Houston. We can hit Strasburg too.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I trust Grinkie's bat more than Yordan's at this point.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He looked good outside of that bases loaded strikeout. Got on base 3 times. It's a little progress I guess.

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

really? Cuz he was decent tonight.
    Check on your boy Bregman.

20. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Yordan was good tonight. Obviously failed in the biggest moment of the game but yeah, he got on base 3 times. That 0-1 center cut fastball being fouled off is kinda the story for him this postseason, just can't get his timing down