1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happened to the Manimal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DuuMaCuaMay, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He got a kid and became a stay at home dad.

djperm, BigShasta and daywalker02 like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the NBA has given up on Kenneth Faried

rockets13champs likes this.
  3. Sanity2disChaos

He is the closest thing to Clint we could have. Definitely something other then “ basketball reasons “ is the issue. I’d hope it isn’t personal as that’s so unprofessional!!

4. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

He's a better rebounder when it counts. He's also faster than Clint & more physical. He's the best backup center currently in the NBA

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

A thread was started on this site when it was reported

6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

No defense and he can't make a shot other than a layup. We can't play him with Capela because the lane is clogged too which really affects how much you can use him.

7. pippsux

pippsux Member

There is still time before the trade deadline

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

No.

He didn't average 15 or 10 for us.

9. 34to11

34to11 Member

Exactly what part of what I wrote was incorrect?
    That Faried had been banished to the end of the bench in Denver?
    That he couldn't crack the rotation in Brooklyn?
    That the Nets bought him out and waived him after half a season?

Or that the Rockets' style of play provided the perfect fit for Faried and allowed him to play the most meaningful minutes he'd played in almost three years.

Before his time in Houston Faried was exactly what he is now; a lost and forgotten entity on the NBA landscape.
    The Rockets gave him a relevance.

And for the record the Rockets were 35-22 (.614) in games without Faried, including 2-1 (.667) w/o him or Capela.
    They were 7-5 (.583) with Faried w/o Caplea and then went 11-2 (.846) once Capela returned.
    To suggest that Faried's presence was what carried them to the playoff is laughable. He was an excellent stopgap not a crucial cog.

Lastly, It's cute that you assume you follow the Rockets more closely than I do.
    It's also more egregiously flawed than your assessment of Faried's consequence to the Rockets.

Sorry Kenneth...Kenneth's agent....Kenneth's best friend...or whoever you are, but you greatly overvalue the significance of that 25 game run in a Rockets uniform.

IvanLCPM, VooDooPope, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  10. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Why when you criticize a player's tenure here you bring up his previous teams? Lol. You do realize that's irrelevant. Faried's time in Houston was fantastic given he SAVED our season when Clint got hurt. He played great up until MDA gave his minutes to Shumpert. He contributed from the gate & did everything we asked of him. This is looking like the Carmelo situation where he's being blackballed

11. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

No defense? Then why is Ryan Anderson here again?

Also if he's backing up Clint why would we play him with Clint?

12. leeallen

leeallen Contributing Member

Rockets' front courts are little thin and definitely need help.
    I don't feel comfortable with the small line up.
    I like the energy that Mamimal brought last season. He should help in certain situations.

13. 34to11

34to11 Member

First, I didn't criticize Faried's tenure with the Rockets. I gave it proper context.
    I pointed out that he had faded into NBA obscurity before Houston gave him a stint of relevance.
    His status with teams before joining the Rockets and the lack of interest afterward go straight to that point.

Also, you continue to suggest that he "saved" the Rockets' season.
    Normally I don't begrudge fanboys their obsessions but I found that statement particularly egregious.
    Without delving into Faried's well documented shortcomings, I showed that the team record doesn't support your belief.

This explains SO much about your Faried obsession.
    Sooo....much!

Be well.

VooDooPope and justtxyank like this.
  14. riko

riko Member

Faried didn’t save the season. It was harden after the horrendous start going on that run of 40 and 50 point games saved the season.

djperm, VooDooPope and 34to11 like this.
  15. fattz

fattz Member

He was getting paid to play last year from 2 teams. He was on a minimum contract from us but the the Nets (I think) were paying him +/-10M to go away. He is probably in shock that his salary offers are lower than his rookie season.

16. dischead

dischead Member

Was Amare Stoudamire?

jordnnnn likes this.
  17. ilias

ilias Member

Would rather have Faried on the roster than Hartenstein or "can't play him" Nene. He was not happy with his playoffs minutes and may have burned his bridges with the Rockets organisation. Still, a bit of a surprise that no one has picked him up.

18. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Agreed. Hartenstein will never be a NBA player. He might play well in the G league but he won’t stick in the NBA. Not only does he shy away from stronger players and lack toughness but he doesn’t have the athletic ability to play off of Harden and Westbrook in a system that requires the center to roll to the bucket for lobs. Faried may not be a great player but he seemed like a natural fit for a guy that can get above the rim and run the court.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

FIFY

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

didn't realize Faried was still in the NBA :D