1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dare I Say...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by coachbadlee, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Mr. Space City

Not so fast my friend.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Taking a TO to take the safety was unnecessary and shows they dont have any situational plans done ahead of time. It's always too late or too soon with BOB.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

This thread aged well.

Kornel87 likes this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Other than that safety timeout BoB had a decent playcalling day. You cant fault him too much for this loss.
    You can blame penalties for this one.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You can hardly blame BoB for that.

Some things are just out of his control, other than the personnel, the game plan, the coaching staff, the game day preparation and the playcalling, the draft picks and the long term strategy of the entire organization.

Nook and whag00 like this.
  6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

How was his first half, inside the 15 play calling?

Nook likes this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Better than usual.

8. Agent94

Agent94 Member

The whole game Indy is running man press coverage and rushing up the middle, including at the goal line. I have never played football - all my knowledge comes from watching the game for years. The defense was geared to stop the Texans run game and quick passes that have been effective the last two games.
    So I'm thinking - where is the weakness in their defense - its go to be getting the QB and running backs outside the hashes. So what do they do? Run up the middle and sit in the pocket on slow developing pass plays. It took the 4th time they were in the red zone they run an option play to Coutee and he walks it in for a touchdown.
    For those more knowledgeable, am I wrong? Should they have been running screen passes, rollouts and RPO's against this defense to get outside the pocket and allow routes to develop downfield?

vick likes this.
  9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Those 3 FGs were 'better than usual'? How low is your bar?

Nook likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

He is a Texans fan. He has been carefully brainwashed. BOB didn’t **** his pants on the sideline... so it was a good day.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If u set the bar as fking low as possible like "barely" losing to an opposing team by a td, basically every game is well coached.

vick and Nook like this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

Lol.