1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How confident are you in this year's team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Oct 18, 2019.

?

How confident are you in this year's team?

1. Highly confident (Championship incoming)

10 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. Somewhat confident (Long playoff run)

39 vote(s)
    40.2%
  3. Not confident (Early playoff exit)

45 vote(s)
    46.4%
  4. We're screwed (Won't make the playoffs)

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Just wanted to check-in right before the season to see where we are as a fan base.

Personally I'm a little concerned.

The preseason action I've been able to catch hasn't exactly put my mind at ease.

I can't help but be concerned about our lack of size and athleticism.

The defense looks like it will continue to be a problem.

I'm worried Capela still doesn't recognize the level of intensity he has to play with consistently for us to win.

I also worry that Russ just won't be able to change his style of play at this stage in his career.

On the bright side Harden looks like he's ready to go.

Am I trippin?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm confident that we can make it to the WCF.

I need to see how this Harden/Russ marriage works though.

I need to see if the distractions of the China BS affect the team

HP3 likes this.
  3. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Lakers look too beast mode to be highly confident

4. thekad

thekad Member

Downgraded noticeably from Paul to Westbrook. Gave up a ton of assets in the trade so little room to improve. Ownership is looking to cut costs and skate underneath the luxury tax.

Going to be a bad year, basically relying completely on Harden to carry the team and this poor organization.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Westbrook seems like the kind of player who will use November and December as his preseason. It will be tough to render a verdict on this team until after the allstar break. But I prepared for another early letdown.

Sajan likes this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

Somewhat confident, but don’t agree on the long playoff run. Seems like you jumped from 1st round exit straight to long run. I’m in between, as in 2nd round exit seems very likely given the competition and our struggles.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

We still have James Harden, so we're gonna be really good.

The Warriors are finally out of the picture, so we may be able to sneak through to a title, but I don't think we're better than last year.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

westbrook has shown that he da bees knees in okc. we winning it all

9. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I'm very concerned about our defense and westbrook's chucking, especially in the post-season, although I'm trying to stay optimistic and hope for the best.

malakas, daywalker02 and fchowd0311 like this.
  10. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

I am very confident. What we're missing now is a good defensive scheme that fits well with our personnel. I am sure Westbrook will find his way to play with Harden and the rest of the team efficiently and have his best year after his MVP season.

11. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

The Rockets were a hamstring away from possibly winning the championship. I don’t understand how you just throw that all away, why Harden couldn’t work things out with Chris Paul. It’s just childish. You don’t have to be best friends but just work it out on the court for the betterment of the team. Then you can go your separate ways off the court.

The trade for Westbrook was not the answer. Worse defense, worse shooting, worse basketball IQ. I hope things work out but I’m not optimistic unless we shore up the supporting staff with better talent.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hot take (or maybe not so hot): Those pundits will be proven right. CF will proven right (before Westbrook became a Rocket): "That's why KD left! That's why Paul George left! You can't win with this guy! Exciting dunks & triple doubles be damned!"

2nd round ceiling.

Tilman & Daryl are saying the "right things" but barring a trip to the Finals (or maybe even winning it), Mike won't be back.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

as of right now, not too confident tbh...more like cautiously optimistic

this midget squad will struggle on the boards, and I don’t trust our defense

been 2 years and the Rockets still ain’t replaced Ariza...

Russ and Harden will turn the ball over, and Russ unleashed can legit lose u playoff games...u can never trust our role players to hit all these jacked up threes when it really counts

YOLO likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Season is long.....they might get off to a good start but Lebron isn't playing every game.

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

Every year we don’t go to the finals with harden playing at this level is a failure to me.

Mathloom and daywalker02 like this.
  16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It's a coin flip to me.

The Rockets get 1st in the west, cake walk to the finals, WB and Harden finally get their title. I buy it.

The Rockets miss the playoffs entirely. Morey fired, the rockets are in a rebuild. I buy it.

17. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I was very confident in the beginning of the offseason after we got WB.

But now with Morey issue lingering, I’m not so sure. Rockets preseason performance so far hasn’t helped. Granted it’s preseason, so I’m not panicking just yet.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think WB was the second prize after Jimmy Butler who himself isn't the best fit here.

But I think we would have kept CP3 for couple of years at least.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Not confident. "It's only preseason, blah blah blah..." Last time we looked this trash in preseason I wrote it off as NBD and we headed straight for .500.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  20. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member