1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1st Impression of Harden and Westbrook Sharing the Court Together

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Oct 16, 2019.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

7 out of 16 threes, 40 pts 27 shots

Everyone else shot terribly

2. Asian Sensation

Westbrick ****ing sucks and you delusional homers are going to miss CP3.

3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Gotta feeling this season is going to be extremely frustrating. I used to love it when we played Westbrick bc I knew he'd eff up at the end of the game in some way...probably more than once. But now I'll be watching and hoping he doesn't touch the ball at the end of the game bc...I know he'd eff up in some way...probably more than once.

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Or found a 3 way trade for something we could have actually used.

5. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

It's amazing how public sentiment changed the moment Westbrook got traded to the team. I don't think it's a Rockets thing but we have alot of one eyed fans.

Before the trade, everyone hated his guts and called him out for being the inefficient stat w**** that he is.

After the trade, someone everyone forgot these issues and thought that he would somehow fit well with Harden.

6. rockets13champs

Westbrook still hasn’t taking the midrange out of his game. And it’s not even efficient. It’s highly inefficient

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not so sure Rockets will play Clint at end of games if playing from behind.

jcmoon and BaselineFade like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Don't be mad.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Off the court chemistry is off the charts.

[​IMG]

#89 daywalker02, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  10. JW86

JW86 Member

Good point, now I feel like Westbrook and Harden on the court together is actually a match made in heaven

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Harden also wanted the trade done

BaselineFade likes this.
  13. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

True.

14. Starvela

Starvela Contributing Member

Yeah,I agree..But that's why it's pointless to pay someone $40M to just sit in the corner and hoping to get an open 3, which btw he can't hit...

Actually, I rather have the ball in RW's hand the last 2 minutes in a tight playoff game...Harden's late game play in this past postseason was just horrible...So, RW may be worth it afterall..

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

this. and the logic is basically look the other way and just act like everything is going to work out no doubt, bc hes a rocket now and harden and him love dancing together. but in reality you still have to consider all his glaring flaws and issues that come along with westbrick that absolutely matter. I believed there would be growing pains. that's just natural when you're trying to integrate someone like him. It is still very early but if the rockets are getting that player from the spurs game more often than not, its going to be a pretty long & stressful year

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not all of us.

DD

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lol, u can’t be serious. U must have not watched Westbrook late in playoff games at all. Harden’s late game play in SOME games was bad, let’s not ignore his moments like game 3 against GS and game 3 against Utah.

18. Agent94

Agent94 Member

How about playing four out with Westbrook in the dunker spot. Its fits his game pretty well. He is a great rebounder, can finish around the rim and would be great on kickout passes. It would work with a small ball lineup or with a 5 that can shoot, like Hartenstein.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

What exactly is this type of post supposed to accomplish? Does it make you happy if it does pan out that Westbrook sucks? If so, that makes you a really shitty fan as WB sucking is bad for the Rockets. Is it to try to rub it in people's noses going "Nah nah, I told you so!" If so, again... what is the purpose of that? Also, most of us misses CP3 the player, just not his contract at his level of performance. That doesn't change regardless of whether WB is on the team or not.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It's called "hoping for the best". What's the point in being / staying negative over something you can't control? WB got traded to us. Nothing any of us thinks can change that. I personally wanted to keep CP3 and see if he could find ways to bounce back, but since he was traded for WB, why not think about how WB could help? At the very least, it's just as productive. Either way, it's no where near is stupid as sitting in the same stupid puddle of negativity.