1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isaiah Hartenstein or Isaiah Fartenstein?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JayZ750, Oct 17, 2019.

?

Isaiah Hartenstein or Isaiah Fartenstein

1. Isaiah Hartenstein

41.7%
  2. Isaiah Fartenstein

58.3%
  1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I have no catchy thread titles... sorry, I tried!

This dude is not an NBA player. I'm sorry. Not yet at least. He's still a year away from being a year away. I think he'd benefit from a few years in Europe. Not the G-League, but Europe. It's unfortunate, because everytime he's in you so want him to do well, and maybe he'll have a block, or a put-back, or a decent 1.5 minute stretch. But on the whole he still hasn't caught up to NBA speed, he's still a huge liability if forced to switch on the outside - which he will be forced to do repeatedly, still not quick enough to the boards, still has pitter-patter feet on offense, etc.

Not that the Pistons will release him, but since they'd have to waive him before the first game or otherwise his salary is guaranteed, any way the Rockets could pick up [former Rocket] Christian Wood if the Pistons are forced to release him?

Here are Rockets players taller than 6'8 (per BBReference): Chandler, Hartenstein, Nene, Clint, Ray Spalding, Ryno.

So one legit player/starter, two ancient backups that play the exact same way and nobody would have been surprised if they had retired, and a bunch of crap.

This was the downfall of this roster last year, and will be again... imo.

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Bruno should still be on this roster.

D-rock likes this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Title is fine, but I came here hoping to vote for Fartenstein. :oops:

malakas likes this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He did have the only 2 blocks in the game and only played 8 minutes.

D-rock likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

he is the new Tarik Black of the squad...Hart and Clark are both mega scrubs

GermanRoxFan and Chamillionaire like this.
  6. JayZ750

Sounds kind of mean to him...

.. but I added it for you anyway ;)

B-Bob likes this.
  7. Chamillionaire

He has the same fate as Joe Chee.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He got abused by Poltl last night but Poltl is good.

I have hopes for him as a role player someday, but that day won't happen in 2019-2020. He's only on the team still because his deal has guaranteed money.

9. eman

eman Contributing Member

Man I want that Poeltl on our squad

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Fartest thread title in the history of CF?

malakas likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

Don't be that excited for Wood. He is very athletic but he has low bball iq and can't pass and has trouble catching passes in traffic. And about his defence? lol except from stupid needless blocks he is really bad.
    There is a reason that he hasn't been able to stick in the league. I watched him last season and as usual most fans were very excited about him.
    He is fine to play in blowout games when the result is already determined.

Maybe he is better than what we have but he won't solve anything is my point. He is no solution

D-rock likes this.
  12. JayZ750

I'm not anticipating an all-star level guy. But with his warts, he can score and rebound... so clearly better than Isaiah, and at this point likely better than Ryno as well.

Random... not that it's easy to do, or they even have the cap-space to do it, but I've oft been surprised that DM hasn't plucked guys form overseas more often, as he did with PBev back in the day.