1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron: Morey wasn't educated on issue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Nice try.

Look in the mirror.

The CCP is disgusting and the Chinese deserve better.

Having the blood of 45,000,000 of your own people on their hands isn't "okay".

Building concentration camps to imprison your own people is not "okay".

Tearing down churches and marginalizing minority religions is not "okay".

Banning free thought and ideas is not "okay".

Putting people in prison because they don't agree with the government is not "okay".

Claiming that the CCP gets to pick the next Dalai Lama so that he copies whatever the CCP talking points are is not "okay".

These are all FACTS.

They are not preconceived notions.

HTM, BigMaloe, RiceRockets and 8 others like this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

You want reasoning? I'll give you reasoning.

The first thing LeBron said about how it hurts people was "financially." Then he added "physically, emotionally, spiritually" or whatever, just so that he wouldn't be called out for just saying "financially." He could string together 20 more adverbs, but he led with "financially," which is very telling. Why? Because he's had more than enough time to practice what he was going to say, when asked.

LeBron has tweeted something along the lines of "an injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" and referenced MLK, so I'm going to assume he's talking about the rights of a certain group of individuals in America...yet he opposes Morey, who tweeted the same message - just about a different group of individuals in a different country. That's plain hypocrisy.

Dude has had a whole week to compose a response when prompted - and that's the best he comes up with? He literally could have chosen not to comment, and that would have been fine. But in doing so in this manner, shows that LeBron is a hypocrite. And while his motivations may not be known, it's easy to piece together what's important to him. Deal with Nike. Space Jam 2. Countless other partnerships and deals that may be heavily dependent on China's participation. All of those relationships will be strained if LeBron doesn't side with China / denounce Morey.

Lastly, while Kanter's own beef doesn't 100% mirror what's going on in China right now, imo his situation is close enough that what he says shouldn't be immediately dismissed or put down.

Go ahead and defend LeBron. But for him to call someone else "misinformed" and "uneducated," when he himself is less informed than Morey about the situation, is pathetic. Feel free to say I'm assuming LeBron is less informed than Morey about this, but I don't think you'd believe that, even if you were the most staunch LeBron supporter.

#602 Juxtaposed Jolt, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  3. Lovemachine2000

LOL sounds like you needed some hasty googling yourself. I don't need to google the subject because I've read the studies by Adrian Zenz, the 2-bit pseudo academic who first propagated the "up-to-1-million" Uyghurs in camps, which was then picked up by the UN and spread out uncritically. I've also read the research by James Millward, James Leibold, Sajjan Gohel on Xinjiang and the Uyghur situation. Quoting CHRD? Do you know anything about CHRD?

4. alethios

alethios Member

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I love how this whole thing now shifted from Morey to LeBron.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Morey is Iron Man and Dr. Strange rolled into one, while LeBron is Thanos.

This was the only way, out of 14 million combinations.

7. Nook

Nook Member

First of all, it can be 100,000 or 3,000,000 and it doesn't really change the fact that China..... lied about there being concentration camps....... then admitted there are concentration camps.......... then said they closed them all........ and now wont talk about them after more have been built.

Second, the number is roundly accepted to be one to three million. That number is also supported by Randall Schriver and the US, UK and Japanese intelligence services. We know of 85 confirmed sites. That is supported by human rights activists, multiple intelligence gatherers and victims from various parts of that area in China.

I find it funny that you want to criticize someone for relying on the CHRD when you rely on the bullshit from the pigs leading the CCP..... who have already lied three times on this very issue in 18 months.

You can try to muddy the waters all you want but the facts are that the CCP is putting their own citizens in concentration camps, in large numbers and you are perfectly fine with that. It says a lot about your character.

I remember being a child and asking my grandfather how anyone could have supported Hitler when he was in Germany and the UK..... well people like you are how.

Rationalize it all you want but the CCP is a pox on China and the rest of the world. Too bad too, because there is much to like about Chinese culture and history, but NONE of it is because of the CCP.

BigMaloe, Richie_Rich and malakas like this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's all about who snapped the fingers. :D

9. Nook

Nook Member

I really don't feel bad for a guy worth almost 1.5 billion dollars selling out his virtues because he lost money in China or anywhere else.

Richie_Rich, malakas and alethios like this.
  10. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

That’s awesome

11. likestohypeguy

Holy crap South Park just made LeBron Cartman... Did the physically, mentally spiritually line verbatim. Chinese style.

Nook and J Sizzle like this.
  12. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

It's shame that LeFraud sided with communist. Will make him look bad.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ethan Straus - "When I talk to people within the NBA - players, executives, coaches, etc - they are very anti-Morey right now. Their main focus is on Morey ****ing things up for them."

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

malakas likes this.
  15. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

It’s absurd that people are acting like this is Morey’s fault.
    This is about the NBA cozying up to an autocratic regime, and this is about that autocratic regime using a harmless tweet to promote their agenda. If it wasn’t this it would have been something else.
    Morey didn’t cause this the Chicoms did.

16. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Can’t say I believe Morey won’t be with the Rockets much longer.

18. Mr. Space City

Now I won't be able to buy another mansion, another yacht, and another Lamborghini.

Damn you Morey!

Richie_Rich, malakas and RasaqBoi like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Hmm I’m sure it doesn’t work like that but sure. Your opinion dude.