1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros vs. Yankees ALCS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yes, I could see that.... or they could just win games 4 and 5 with their aces (if there's a rainout) and finish the series.

Chances are its already been decided, regardless of the rainout tomorrow. The starters have their routines and they'll try to keep them on it as much as possible. If Verlander is already preparing for a game 6 start on Saturday, they may just stick with that.

2. Buck Turgidson

Time to hate everything. You're the greatest of the straight-up "blah blah the Astros are over", you started that about a dozen games ago.

3. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

According to the CBS sports analysis, the rain would help the Astros a little bit more, which is a good news. Either ways, the Astros have a better chance to win the series after 2-1 lead.

4. Biggio Was His Name-O

Working so having to watch the reply. Good thing this is a seven games series

5. Biggio Was His Name-O

Mean while on the Yankees board. “What happened to our offense” So goes baseball.

Nice win. You have to relish the wins. Esprit the postseason. Should be a fun rest of the series

awc713 likes this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Go back to this thread after game 1 and you would think the Astros were going to get swept lol

dannah likes this.
  7. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

At least I talk baseball. At least i make predictions and post my opinions. You do nothing but attack posters. It’s so tiring.

8. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Which is very natural on a fan site. Probably the most natural thing you will see on a fan message board.

tehG l i d e and fiersdownbelow like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

My bad, I just saw this.

This may be the straight-up dumbest thing you've ever said...

You can say lots of things about me, but the whole "do you ever talk baseball" is pretty ****ing comical.

Fyreball, kaleidosky and BigM like this.
  10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I never see it

11. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I like this; assuming the rain-out happens, I would prefer to get the inevitable "bullpen game" out the way while in Yankee Stadium for Game 4; then take it from there...

If we were to win and go up 3-1, I would take my chances with Greinke, and have JV and Cole respectively for 6 and 7 at home (if needed)
    If tied 2-2, go with JV (who would be on normal rest) to try to go up 3-2 and only needing 1 at home to win the AL Pennant.

But I want to be greedy just like the Red Sox last year (even though that was at our expense) and just finish the damn thing in Yankee Stadium and have Cole ready for the World Series.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Sure, it's natural.

I've seen Patriot fans call for Bill Belichick's head after a loss.

It's natural but it still looks silly, especially as this team has already proven that it can go the distance and win a championship, so counting them out after one game was just an overreaction.

13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Again, it’s the most natural thing you will see on a fan message board. Honestly, I have never understood why it irks certain people. I find some of those posts hilarious. Pissed when we lose, happy when we win. It’s the natural order of things.

tehG l i d e likes this.
  14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Do not understand your post, I am one who was mad for someone who posted the negative stuffs. I posted that the game 1 lost was bad, but it was not the end of world, if we are going win the game 2, everything will be fine. Just go back to check all my posts if you like to do.

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He talks baseball a lot. One of the regulars in here

16. Buck Turgidson

Nats starting pitchers can go 3 for 3 with ours.

I hope we make the WS.

mikol13 and Rock Block like this.
  17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

He talks very little baseball for the amount of posts he makes. Mostly just pretentious hacks at other posters. He never leaves clutchfans though, you’re right.

SLRokJok likes this.
  18. astros123

astros123 Member

JESUS. Where the fk is security? Been to plenty of Knicks games and there nothing but assholes. Pricks dont even know how to fight, just loud mouths.

#3918 astros123, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

My post wasn't directed at you but in general how people acted like we were just swept after losing that game.

Yes, I find those posts funny now and silly, that's what I'm saying. Sure, it's natural, it still looks silly, especially when the team people are doubting is a team that's won it recently.

Now Yankee fans are acting like the series is over but at least with them this is pretty familiar territory for this team. This particular Yankee team blew their road split last season against the Red Sox and the season before that blew their 3-2 lead against the Stros, so at least for them it's familiar territory.

For the Astros, all they have done is battle back when their backs are against the walls. They lost to the Red Sox, sure, but those guys went on to win a championship themselves.

#3919 JayGoogle, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Tomstro likes this.
  20. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

You are both wrong and stupid. The first is fact, the second is opinion. Buck talks baseball non stop. Please stop messing up this joyous period between an Astros win and the next game.