1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have a bitter taste in my mouth [harden, lebron--all these guys]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Oct 14, 2019.

1. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Yep. And probably for subsequent seasons as well.

2. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Basically. We elect and pay politicians to pontificate on political matters. LBJ is as out of place offering a political opinion as any member of Congress would be on the basketball court.

lw17 likes this.
  3. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even Enes Kanter hasn't had **** to say about Hong Kong or China (as far as I and Google have noticed, I should add). And Kanter is real, ****ing G when it comes to paying the price for what you believe.

4. malakas

malakas Member

What? I don't get your point can you elaborate further?

5. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe liberals would running just as wild if Lebron took the opposite side. Liberals can be hypocrites too. That still does not excuse the hypocrisy that we are seeing now from every conservative pundit in the country pretending like they care about human rights all of a sudden.

Yes he brought up money. He was being honest. Kellerman said this morning that this potentially could cost Lebron 1 billion in future revenue. I don't if that is true, but i think anyone who stood to lose that kind of money or close to it, would be a little miffed. He never saw this coming. He spoke out of emotion.

Lebron is a black man that came from extreme poverty. If he chooses to champion issues that affect those who come from similar backgrounds that is his right. To ask him to have the same energy toward any human rights violations across the world in unreasonable imo. I have been reading all day that he is just another dumb athlete. No intellect. Now he's asked to be all knowing about every injustice going on the world? Cant have that both ways either.

In hindsight Lebron should have just left this alone. It wasn't a good look. He gave the people who hate "social justice" in America a ton a ammo. But to single him out, regardless of his platform and to let every other scummy businessman or politician who have said and done far worst in terms of "selling out" for profit is disingenuous.

Here is the rub. Over time LBJ and silencing he and other SJW's will be bulk of the coverage from the "media". The people of HK won't even be a topic in a few weeks. They will be forgotten by the "media", but LBJ will remain being the boogeyman. HK will only matter until they are done using those poor people for political gain. Then ask yourself what was all of this really about. Just keep watching.

BTW Lebron has stated that he too is pro-police not pro-police brutality. Specifically the killing of unarmed, innocent Americans. The whole LBJ anti police thing was just another case of misdirection performed by these same bad actors in the "media".

jiggyfly and Reeko like this.
  6. malakas

malakas Member

Honestly I don't give a damn about that.

How about we stop seeing people as Republicans /Democrats and start seeing everyone as people of the democratic world who are willing to speak up for freedom?

If you keep saying them and us you make things worse by needlessly keep dividing people.
    Don't we all agree about respecting basic human rights?
    Arent we all pro democracy ?
    Aren't we all against organ harvesting and concetration camps?

As for Lebron he had many choices. He could keep his mouth shut. He could give a no answer. He could say that he isn't informed but he respects the right of freedom of speech but also recognises the consequences that freedom costs.

But what did he do? Someone who has made millions out of his brand being pro social justice?
    He attacked freedom of speech.
    He campaigned for Morey to be punished and get fired.

He kept tweeting and tweeting again and again completely ignoring that there are real humans out there that are suffering because of the CCP.
    It's like it's beyond his understanding that human lives in China are more precious than him getting a few more millions.

slothy420 likes this.
  7. JeffB

Supporting Member

Talking about China and Hong Kong is such a third-rail in the NBA that even the bravest and most daring of the players standing up for human rights and social justice has not directly commented on China and Hong Kong. Kanter is posting a lot of info in the last day on social media and in an op-ed about his struggle against Turkey and the price he has paid and is willing to pay for freedom and the U.S. media is picking up his comments and juxtaposing them to Lebron James' foot in the mouth. But even Kanter, himself -- while appearing to "subtweet" James' screw up, is staying away from speaking directly on China. To me, that says a lot about how messy and complicated this is for the players. And I blame the NBA for that.

That is to say that the individual condemnation we have for the players, I think, should be more so on the NBA and the American corporations kowtowing to the CCP's crony capitalism. I would love to see James go all South Park on China and dare the NBA to ban him for doing so. But I am also just as disappointed in the NBA for allowing an authoritarian government in China to basically govern here in the States. If Silver and the "governors" want the Chinese market that badly, they can have it without my attendance or league pass money. I'll just check up on the Rox via this BBS.

slothy420 and malakas like this.
  8. JeffB

Supporting Member

No disagreement here. It is disgusting to see so many posters more focused on scoring points against their most hated "SJW" athletes than the threat posed by China being able to export its authoritarian dictates around the globe by dangling that sweet Chinese market money.

malakas, BaselineFade and vlaurelio like this.
  9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

“Don’t blame me, I am just here to dribble” Every NBA superstar.

10. malakas

malakas Member

Agreed.
    I think that Silver has been all over Kanter pressuring him to keep his mouth shut.

Kanter is a special case among NBA players because one could say that his own life right now is dependant on the cooperation and care of the league.
    If not for the work visa, bodyguards and special political connections of the NBA, he would have been abducted or attacked and either murdered or shipped off to rot in some turkish prison.

I don't blame him for not willing to put his safety lifeline at risk for a foreign land and a foreign nation.

Also I don't expect from Kanter or from anyone to speak up about every issue. It's enough that he speaks about what he knows.

However if they don't know then they shouldn't speak.
    Lebron spoke attacking Morey while at the same time claiming ignorance.:rolleyes:

The NBA of course is the main culprit well said.
    Because they have been sleeping with modern nazis and dictators while pretending that they "care".

11. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

I certainly agree.

Not sure if you or how many others get the reference, but when a certain conservative "pontificator" decided to tell this same idiot athlete to "shut up and dribble", there was all kinds of backlash against said pontificator. I think it's funny how this has basically come full circle and now everybody seems to be on the other side of this.

BruceAndre likes this.
  12. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I didn't mean he isn't pro police, just the way you phrased it as being pro black lives matter. He has spoken about being pro police, anti police brutality, and police accountability.

Yes this will blow over and people will forget within 2 weeks because there will be no one championing the cause. The only problem is that Lebron looks bad when he says he doesn't know about the situation then criticizes and demeans Morey while also bringing up money. That definitely will make people believe that he is a hypocrite to call someone out on speaking on social injustices in the world because it has monetary value, when he has been championed rightfully so on speaking out on social injustices with the possible ramifications of losing money.

I definitely think he was speaking in frustration on one, burden of being in China during this storm. And two, possibly destroying the foundation that he has worked for years in bridging both countries.

BaselineFade likes this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Spot on.

BaselineFade likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You had me seeing your side until you said he made millions on his brand being pro social justice.

That is just false his brand has made millions because he is a generational talent and a winner.

I don't agree with what he said but I am not gonna ignore everything else he is doing and has done in the name of social justice.

And you sure seem to be conflating all of China's sins real and perceived on the HK protest.

15. malakas

malakas Member

I didn't say that the only reason he is a billionaire is because he is a SJW!
    I said that he has made millions of it, with his NIKE campaigns. He has profitteered from it , taken advantage of it and made millions from.
    He hasn't just been doing all these from the goodness of his heart without taking any compensation back.

Neither I said that good deeds and actions should be ignored.

But his words now should also NOT be forgiven and swept under the rug.
    What this instance shows is his mindset. Money is more important than standing up for human lives when it hurts his own pocket.
    His whole persona of standing up no matter the reprecursions is false and has been exposed.

I am sure though he is still willing to help people if he can make money of it.

The HK protest is a protest for freedom and democracy. People are denied their right of democratic elections, their right of free speech is under danger and are being threatened of being under state surveillance and being denied justice to be sent of in the mainland without trials in prisons where organs are being harvested. And who else is in these prisons aka concetration camps?
    Other people who need "reeducation" like the Ughyurs.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Show me one campaign that he made millions on with a SJW theme.

So now because of this one instance everything he has done is because of a financial motive.

And you know this how?

17. Possum

Possum Member

No you moron, he’s a fake because even after making 100s of millions of dollars in his career, his bottom line is more important than standing up for what is right. He’s openly championed himself as an activist for freedom and what’s right when it was trendy and easy now that it’s effecting his wallet he wants put the rabbit back into the hat. Too late! He’s exposed to everyone except those who choose to ride his jock. After reading that political crap in your post I see getting it wrong is normal for you.

18. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

You can’t address or debate anything I said, so you go back and repeat what is being fed to you. When faced with your own hypocrisy and double standards you plug your ears like a 5 year old and parrot the talking points that are fed to you by the media that you consume.

I know a fake when I see one. Plenty of people talk the talk but don’t actually act. If it were all about his bottom line he wouldn’t have put 10’s of millions of his own money toward those causes. If you want to say that he doesn’t want to forfeit 9 figures of future income by remaining silent that’s a reasonable assertion. But to jump and say that this nullifies all the good that he has done for his community is complete Bulls**t.

I see that you are good at flinging around insults. Calling me a moron is a good one. But if you really want to get political we can take this to the D&D. I eat dumb b**** ass cowards like you for breakfast.

19. Possum

Possum Member

I don’t argue with idiots.

20. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

That's what I thought you would say. Coward.