1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron: Morey wasn't educated on issue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 14, 2019.

1. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

Respect to the King, who chose to speak the right thing, not the easy thing.

And yeah, fire Morey so he could go work for jerks like Ted Cruz

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm sorry but I don't want a foreign autocratic regime to dictate speech amongst private citizens of Western democracies. They should have no influence on speech in America.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

The CCP is facked up and what's happening to the chinese people, the Uighurs, and the HKers is really facked up so the only solace I can take is LBJ destroying his legacy for dirty money. I'm glad he told the truth that I already knew about him.

Tfor3, Richie_Rich and Nook like this.
  4. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

Stick with the analytics Daryl...the higher the variance the better.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm hoping a reporter will be brave enough to ask this question / be allowed by the NBA to ask this question. LeBron better be prepared to defend himself for today/tonight's tweets.

clutchdabear likes this.
  6. YallMean

YallMean Member

Lol @ you idiots. Bron been to China 20 times more than all of you combined. There is always this dude on the plane thinking he is going to rule in China with fancy democracy can’t even find where the gate is off the the plane in China. Go ahead flame me.

dlite316 likes this.
  7. ipaman

The right thing lol, he want that space jam chinese money fool... his right thing is his money, that's all that hypocrite ever cared about while telling us all different.

wesbound, clutchdabear and Tfor3 like this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

It would be even better if they asked the question and they got shut down like what the Rockets did with CNN.
    The outrage will be real.

When there are national media political reporters in media interviews, they dont care like sports reporters do who have to pander to teams so as not to get blacklisted.

clutchdabear likes this.
  9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Lebrons a b****

clutchdabear, Tfor3 and ipaman like this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

You will be still here when tomorrow he will "speak the easy thing instead of the right thing" ?

The folding is coming.

clutchdabear likes this.
  11. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Naw. He's not dumb. There are some things he's pretty insightful about and even in light of my top rope comment about how disgusting his quotes were, I do think for the most part he's a good guy. He gets way, way too much significance attached to him as a general thought leader and things he says in that respect, though.

I'm thinking the main issue is just that he's extraordinarily insulated. His inner circle probably blows smoke up his rear. The bits and pieces of The Shop that I've watched seem kind of like an echo chamber (though I get that's probably what the show is going for). There's a % of this country that dislikes him no matter what and a % that loves him know matter what. The quotes tonight are probably the first time since the decision that he's really gotten a lot of crap from pretty much everyone. I called him a fraud earlier but I think he honestly probably just doesn't really understand how incompatible his statements tonight were in comparison to some other things he's said in the past. If he really does want to be a movement leader and to really wade into politics/social issues, he needs to have his views challenged to refine them. If he had someone with a conservative-ish perspective on The Shop that could still kind of fit in with the format like Doug Gottlieb or something, that would be pretty interesting to watch.

clutchdabear and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lmao

So Lebron doesn’t like Morey because Morey came for his bottom line.

Any game against the Lakers is going to be rigged as hell. Lebron will make some calls to Adam Silver to ensure a Lakers win.

13. malakas

malakas Member

TIL the Lakers - Nets game was played in the Ughyur concetration camp?

clutchdabear and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. ipaman

Confirmed, no cameo for Morey in Space Jam. Probably see Winnie the Pooh make an appearance tho!

J Sizzle likes this.
  15. blu_monkey

blu_monkey Contributing Member

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Hypocrisy at its finest.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Alright, I'm done (for now). :)
    Sorry for spamming the thread with tweets.

18. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

It is true that Morey can speak all he wants, it is also true that what he said has hurt the league.

Again he could go work for Ted Cruz and I would be entertained to see him talk **** in that post, not as Rockets GM

19. ipaman

Nook and Tfor3 like this.
  20. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He doesn't like Morey. He doesn't like analytics in basketball.

Tfor3 likes this.