1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros vs. Yankees ALCS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

To be fair, Correa's problems were likely physical and timing related. His teammates are just sucking.

#2541 Houstunna, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  2. Nook

Nook Member

This.

The same reason that players don't REALLY get upset at other players cheating as well...... from corked bats, to scuffed or altered balls, to foreign substances, interestingly placed tattoos and even someone trying a "white glove".

Like Earl Weaver said to his team: "If you know how to cheat, start now."

Tommy Lasorda: "No, we don't cheat. And even if we did, I'd never tell you."

3. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

The missed call... and the makeup.... #priceless:

Uprising and Kim like this.
  4. SemisolidSnake

I've adding the L/R splits to your post in the quote. I figured I'd make some point about these numbers, but I wanted to get the numbers out there first, because I didn't know what the point would be. Then I decided to put both regular and postseason numbers, and it took longer than I expected, so I need to get back to work and don't have time to think about what I'm seeing. So, have at it, anyone who wants to.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Video of the live sounds @ the ballpark (no pbp announcers)

#2545 Uprising, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  6. Mattician

Mattician Member

The Astros have to win game 3 with Cole pitching. If they don't the series is over. Simple as that.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

never really got posts like this. did you say something like this when NY won 3 games in a row in 17. probably

of course it would be nice to get the w with cole pitching, but it definitely isn't over if they don't tomorrow. they still have 2 more opportunities to get HFA back in NY and then game 6/7 back home with both cole/jv on full rest

8. Major

Major Member

LOL. It must be weird to be a fan of one of the best and most complete teams in baseball history and STILL never believe in your team. For people like this and Scarface, even if we win a championship, it seems like they'll have missed out on all the fun of the journey, always just waiting for the team to fail.

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

How do you get this conclusion? Are you so envious or confident on this team?

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Kim, BruceAndre, K mf G and 3 others like this.
  11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Apparently, there is a pretty big backlash today about how Correa over-celebrated and is now a target for a beaning. It will be fun to see if this boils over next game. I’ll take a free pass to first base.

12. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Yes, not to mention that the balls are definitely dejuiced which leads to more easy outs than it did in 2017. People are spoiled from that playoff run. We are still not making solid contact consistently enough but we have had a decent amount of traffic especially in Game 2. Just have to capitalize but it aint easy.

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Mental weak people?

14. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Don't interrupt, he's on a roll.

Kim and BruceAndre like this.
  15. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Over-celebrating? He didn't show anyone up. He was excited for himself and his team. Any Yankee would react the same way if they were in that situation. Baseball players/managers never seem to follow the "put yourself in their shoes" mantra.

Anyways, as you mentioned, would like to see Hinch move Correa up in the order and give him a free pass (assuming he doesn't get hurt by the pitch). Would only like to see this if Correa ends up scoring.

16. Buck Turgidson

Where was this backlash?

17. BleedsRocketRed

Backlash where? I haven't seen any online

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, but Game 3 is by far the most winnable one at Yankee Stadium. Cole pitching on full rest and the Yankees bullpen heavily taxed after Game 2. Game 4(barring a rain delay) will be a bullpen game for the Astros and Game 5 is Greinke.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course it is but it definitely isn't over. I'm sure neither team is thinking we win tomororw, this series is over. and popping bottles in the locker room. There's a ton of baseball left to be played here and game 3 is no where near close to the finish line

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If the Astros win tomorrow, I'd feel very good about their chances to win this series.