1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dare I Say...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by coachbadlee, Oct 13, 2019.

1. mario_v

mario_v Member

Obrien sucks! 9-7 for three straight years, made the playoffs with Osweiler and hoyer as his qb.

When he finally has a qb, he only finished 11-5, with an unimpressive 9 game winning streak.

What a sorry excuse for a coach. He is the worst. I hope he gets fired.

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

y u btching especially after a great win under our hc? He did fine this game, but like a BoB Defender once said
    "wait until the end of the season and we will see"

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Texans only scored 10 on the Panthers. And Atlanta's defense (and KC's defense), aka our last two wins, are bad. Atlanta is a bad team, in general.

Again, one game doesn't really mean much, especially since it was clear that Mahomes was bothered by the ankle. I'm not saying the Texans are still the same ol' undependable team, but let's not heap too much praise on them just yet.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

12-29 vs teams with winning records (1-2 this year)
    Wins his first big game in 6 years
    GIVE THAT MAN ANOTHER EXTENSION!
    :D

DonnyMost, Reeko, Jake Tower and 2 others like this.
  5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Stats are inflated when you play in a garbage division. One with Bortles / Mariota / Colts second stringer as the starting QBs for those teams.

Can say the same thing about New England, but they have rings to show for it. We have wild-card losses in the playoffs.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Nobody is printing tshirts or booking tickets to Miami in February.

Yes, they struggled against the Panthers and Jags. They needed to implement more high percentage conversion routes... they’ve done that. No team is “perfect” for the entire season without making adjustments... the fact that they’ve done so, along with improving the line play, along with continuing to execute complex run formations, along with blending a good mix of run/pass... these are things that deserve credit.

If you’re really saying this was a bad win... you’re going to consistently move the goal-post on this organization no matter what they do.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Shaun Hochuli’s crew calls the most holding penalties in the league.

They were all legit though... the Chiefs should have adjusted.

8. mario_v

mario_v Member

You actually expected to win a super bowl with hoyer or Osweiler? Lol.

raining threes, Champs and TheFreak like this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Texans are 4-0 against the AFC.

Uprising and Fulgore like this.
  10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Don’t like BOB at all but this is a very impressive win to me.

They said Mahomes ankle was fine. Tyreek Hill is healthy. That’s all they would have needed during a regular game to beat us. Just ask Indy with TY. Good win for us. We didn’t allow but 7 points in the second half to team that’s had one of the best scoring offenses the past year and a half to two years.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Wow I didn’t realize it was that bad.

It was a genuinely nice win. On pace for roughly 10 wins wins. Keep it up and I will get more confident in them.

Lost some money today, I was sure BOB would come through for me, but he didn’t. I didn’t realize quite how bad the Chiefs defense is. I’m sure Brady and BB are breathing a sigh of relief.

raining threes and J.R. like this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The Colts game will be huge. Hopefully Roby is okay to face TY. These teams are 1a and 1b in the division, and quite honestly, I think both make the playoffs. This game and next week could be the difference in a bye week though.

red5rocket and conquistador#11 like this.
  13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Revisit in December and January, Thank you.

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

After the next loss it is time to fire him again.

15. SinceEverSince

Most importantly, our Oline has gone 2 straight weeks without giving up a sack...

raining threes, Uprising and vince like this.
  16. conquistador#11

Interesting how when you incorporate a quicker passing scheme and reduce the home run play good things happen.
    In two weeks we've seen quick slants, even ran rub routes something that Watson did a lot of at Clemson it even got a national story on "rub routes".
    They've involved the TEs more. They even ran Pistol who some idiots on here were calling for and something that Deshaun did a lot @ Clemson.
    I was impressed that he got over his stubbornness and left the game in Deshaun's hands, win or lose. I would have applauded that. Sometimes it's as simple as that. The screen game is getting there have to practice it better, Tania, not have ineligible men downfield. Once that gets going, bye bye blitzes.

What about the Defense? They stepped up. Lonnie keeps making plays. He has those rookie mistakes but has made up for them.
    B.O.B's acquisition, Martin, had that hit on Mahome's elbow and he was not the same after that.

cmoak1982 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'd also like to add that, as much as people have crushed on O'Brien giving up too much for off-season acquisitions, he's crushed it. His trades are paying dividends.

Tunsil, Hyde, Duke, Stills. The two linemen we drafted are looking great. Even Darren Fells, who was just a throw in signing, is playing very well. Roby has been lights out. Gipson is paying off. Lonnie Johnson looking to be a good pick.

I know time will be the ultimate reveal, but maybe O'Brien does have a plan?

And we should have some cap room.

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

BOB is not as bad as his detractors and not as good as his biggest supporters, but he’s a solid to great QB coach he’s gotten a lot out of scrubs. Hoyer and Fitzpatrick had their best years under BOB.

He’s developing Watson into maybe the best QB in the nfl. He’s already an MVP candidate and top 5 player in the league imo.

If your starting a team right now Mahomes is the only guy your picking over Watson and it’s close because Watson is more Brady when it comes to being coached and his leadership guys just want to play for him.

Mahomes is like manning just unreal talent and does whatever he wants on the field. But I trust Watson to figure out a way to win just like Brady their never out of any game. Stats don’t matter with them like they do with manning and Mahomes.

If BOB could get his clock management Timeout issue under control, and he was great today. I will say he’ll be here a long time prob Watson whole career and he’ll prob win a few Super Bowls.

He’s a promising coach with really bad flaws but his offense is legit.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

raining threes and coachbadlee like this.
  20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I’m waiting for the playoffs, but it appears he has coached the all or nothing out of Watson and that’s a big freaking deal.