1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Chiefs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 10, 2019.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Time of possession was crazy too and heavily favored for the Texans.

No Worries likes this.
  2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Chiefs really should have gone after Clowney. He can stop the run.

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Skip bayless making sense? That’s a first

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Didn't get to watch most of the game being on the road but streamed the last quarter and thought the 4th and 3 call was so stupid but then saw posts of the Hawaiian sucking yet again, so it makes sense now.

DW is crazy good.

Question: were those ints his fault?

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

His replacement was worse with the egregious penalties but better with keeping up with speedy receivers.

6. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

If you look at Watson's progression as a QB...

Year 1 -- completely freelance: runs around making plays on his feet, but also takes big hits.
    Year 2 -- settles down a bit, but still holds on to the ball for too long and still takes unnecessary hits.
    Year 3 -- stays in the pocket and quickly gets the ball out, but makes bad reads leading to interceptions in the end-zone.

Next year, I expect Watson's progression to get even better when he learns when not to throw the ball and where to place it if he wants to take a shot regardless. For example, that interception thrown to Hopkins in the end-zone should have been thrown to the outside shoulder lobbed over the back pylon where only the receiver can make the play or else it's out of bounds. These are things that will come with experience and situational awareness, but once Watson has them down he will become that much better.

whozee and Jake Tower like this.
  7. Nimo

Nimo Member

Aside from the penalties, this was good coach O'Brien. Play-calling was better. Two games in a row.

8. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

I’d love to see that first Deshaun rushing touchdown synced up with VY’s game-winner in the Rose Bowl.

BigShasta likes this.
  9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Should’ve traded for Clowney

10. conquistador#11

He has that much trust in Hopkins. Look at the other side, Mahomes, the greatest thing ever created, should have thrown it to where only Hill could catch it. .Justin Reid had that picked off. It was his for the taking but hill leaped like 5 ft in the air and snatched it from Reid. Another play, Reid was coming full speed and was not able to get both feet in bounds. Ints are ok, what I don't like is that came after a dropped pass when all you needed was a 2 yard pass play that the chiefs were giving you all day. Did Watson change out of a play and call that heave on 4th &1? If so then yeah, F' Deshaun!

11. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

12. SinceEverSince

Thank god. Likely a multi week absence but still better than what was feared

Houstunna likes this.
  13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'd argue that Watson isn't making bad reads. He's thrown three interceptions on the season -two today.

The two today weren't great, but the Hopkins one, it looked like Hopkins was blocking. Not sure what was up there. Agree the placement could have been better though. The other was on fourth down and we had two receivers in the area. I'm thinking that was a miscommunication by the receivers, which would have led to one or two less defenders around.

Even still, less interceptions, and a better completion percentage. I don't think his decision making is bad. He's easily top ten as far as decision making goes, and he's a top five quarterback overall. My thing is by next year, he should clearly be a top three QB.

We're lucky to have him.

ghettocheeze and conquistador#11 like this.
  14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Power rankings should be nice.

red5rocket likes this.
  15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Watson looks like Brady these last two games.

Had Fuller and Hop caught their TD’s there would have been no picks and we are looking at a 4-5 TD game.

16. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I love the plays designed for Watson to make the quick pass and he executes perfectly

Houstunna, No Worries and alethios like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Good play calling BOB, Watson was accurate but geez the drops were infuriating.

Hyde is a beast and I loved the quick passes under pressure.

Great job Texans!

conquistador#11 likes this.
  19. Newlin

Newlin Member

Right now I would have more faith in Al Del Greco as our kicker than Fairbairn.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  20. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Cowboys Kicker just hit a 62 yarder :eek::eek::eek: