1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros vs. Yankees ALCS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 12, 2019.

1. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

He's not talking about you. After he quoted your post, he quoted Mr.Scaface's post. And that post was replying to a comment made by Houstunna.

Sajan likes this.
  2. CinematicFusion

Next two games we win verlander/Cole.
    we get home field back with two shots at them at their house.
    It’s a 7 game series... we will hit, it will happen.
    Thought Greinke looked solid, that was a plus.

keep the faith. We won the first game last year... and then lost the next 4.

we will win this series

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Get this game tonight, and I’ll be straight

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Surprise...it's a Jake day

arkoe likes this.
  5. marks0223

Supporting Member

6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Verlander not gonna pitch a shutout.

If we don’t score we will lose. If we go down 2-0 its over.

Slump must stop tonight

7. astros123

astros123 Member

This is the biggest game of the year. We lose this and we can kiss our season goodbye. This is when the big boys come to out to play.

On a serious note whos the leader on this team? When you have Correa & Altive saying that "We got JV going on Sunday, we'll be fine." Like seriously ? The offense hasnt shown all playoffs and the team seens to brush it off. We need that Carlos beltran figure in our clubhouse. Bregman isnt a leader sorry.

#827 astros123, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Let’s be POSITIVE. Astros win 7-2.

Roc Paint likes this.
  9. marks0223

Supporting Member

#829 marks0223, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    whiskeyred likes this.
  10. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

It does appear the team has lacked leadership this time of year since 2017 when the going gets tough. Can't expect JV and Cole to bail their asses out this series like against the Rays. They have to hit in this series or it's over.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hope the Stros are ready too

12. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

that is too much offensive credit. More like Granny Waiters with a layup late to seal it.

in all seriousness. Yanks are firing on all cylinders right now and have been all year. They had a lot of injuries and don’t have Cy young 1 and 2 on their staff. Or an additional member of the Cy young conversation until he turned into a left handed quivering bowl of moldy jello.

Astros have not been firing on all cylinders for a while now. Against Tampa we had three outstanding pitching performances to cover our anemic offense. I’m afraid we will need 4 outstanding outings this series in order to win.

I wish I had more confidence. But unless I see a solid offensive performance I can’t be. We are not out of it by any means. But someone somewhere is creating a rough draft of the Astros 2019 obituary.

13. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

That isn’t how baseball works. Too much random. Betting bounced by Tampa would have been a failure. Getting to the ALCS is like of like passing with a D. Getting to the World Series makes it a successful season. Of course winning it would be outstanding. You can’t just say not winning the World Series makes them a failure.

Baseball can be a game of inches. Remember in 2017 we squeaked our game 6 (I think it was) against the yanks and one of the runs was Correas home run that just squeaked over the fence. In 2017 that kind of crap went in our favor. This year it is going in the Yankees favor.

That said our offensive coaching or approach or whatever needs to be re-evaluated. You can’t have this much talent and be this piss poor on offense. Very inconsistent. Or consistent crap in the postseason.

RustyHarden likes this.
  14. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

15. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I like that Jake is starting. I’ve got a feeling...

punkoholic likes this.
  17. PhiSlammaJamma

I hope Jake does well, but his .225 lifetime average and 660 ops is not exactly what we need right now. Hinch is trying to hard to find something, when he should be trusting what they've done all season.

18. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

I think we go down 0-2. This feels like how the Rockets were down to Portland in 2014. Going to be the same result.

19. Major

Major Member

Sure - why not? If they lose today, the Yankees will just have won 2 on the road. Nationals just won two on the road. Astros have won two on the road plenty of times along the way. Yankees have lost 2 at home plenty of times this season.

You seem to be under the really bizarre and dumb belief that a hot team stays hot and vice-versa. The endless history of baseball tells us otherwise - every game is a singular entity. The Astros won 4 straight last year in the playoffs last year, including 2 on the road, and then lost 4 straight, including 3 at home. It happens.

If the Astros win today, I think they are favored in the series again. If the Astros lose, they have a huge uphill battle to win 4 of out 5, but I'm not stupid enough to think it's over.

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Lefty on the mound with flyball JV on the mound

Good recipe for a Rake Farm sighting