1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros vs. Yankees ALCS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 12, 2019.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Here is the obvious: Dominant performance by the Yankees in every phase of the game. Awful performance by the Astros in EVERY phase of the game. Conclusion: it is a seven game series; one win means nothing other than one team is 1-0 and they are closer to four wins than the other team. IF the Astros lose tomorrow: they are in real trouble, but it is still not over. Certainly disappointing, but no reason to jump off a cliff.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean I agree. I've never questioned the heart of these guys. It's just a bad approach at the plate. It could be the mental pressure of being the "favorites".

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Don't get mad at me. Get mad at those Hitters. They are the one failing.

4. Biggio Was His Name-O

Only one explanation magic. I can tell you don’t know much about baseball, not surprising

Nook likes this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The reason he was saying the game was over......because it was. We see what the hitters are doing. THEY JUST GOT ****ING SHUT OUT AT HOME IN GAME 1 OF THE ALCS. ARE U ****ING KIDDING?

They believe the BS people were saying and thought they could just show up....in the postseason and teams would lie down.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I played baseball for 10 years, including High School. I've been a fan for 40.

I probably forgot more baseball than you know. I see a team that better get a wake up call fast.

7. Biggio Was His Name-O

Yep because they guys have made it to the league by just showing up. It doesn’t work that way

8. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Tanaka is a good pitcher, but the Astros made him look like Greg Maddux tonight.

Oh well. It's only Game 1. The Astros should still be favored to win the next two games and win the series in 6 or 7 games. I'm frustrated with the offense...honestly, it's been "streaky" all season...right now we're looking like we did during that 7-game losing streak mid-season. But it's too early to panic.

BamBam and everyday eddie like this.
  9. Biggio Was His Name-O

I agree they need to wake up. I played D1 we can do this all night it means nothing. Typical non substantive argument. Sound like my dad arguing about the ineffectiveness of the shift even as we where winning the WS

Houstunna likes this.
  10. Major

Major Member

So it *wasn't* sarcasm now? Or is this sarcasm? Or are you just an idiot?

I know you're not good at math (or anything else), but this is not possible for a 12 year old, and there's no possibility you're older than that.

11. Buck Turgidson

I know you didn't say that, or really any of that stuff, I was just throwing out some examples that do set people off.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  12. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

13. Buck Turgidson

You're 100% right about this.

I do not know how much baseball you've forgotten, but it sure seems like it's most of it.

#733 Buck Turgidson, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  14. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

A year ago the Astros were riding a 4 game postseason winning streak, scoring 28 runs in those 4 games. Scored 7 in game 1 at Boston, then they lost 4 in a row. This year the Yankees are riding a 4 game postseason winning streak having scored 30 runs including 7 in game 1. Things can change in a hurry folks.

The legend of Verlander and Cole continues to grow with wins in the next two games. Astros seem to be hitting harder throwers better this postseason and they'll get that from the Yankees the next two games.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Haha. You deflecting. How about talking about the problem.....the Astros' hitters? Insult all you want....Doesn't change the fact. If they don't win tomorrow, this Series IS OVER.

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Insult all you want. If they don't win tomorrow, this series is over.

17. HTM

HTM Member

You take your job as the game-day thread police too seriously.

Let the people vent.

Let the people be hyperbolic.

We don’t need Captain Declarative statement (you) nit picking posts and reprimanding everyone.

fiersdownbelow likes this.
  18. Stros66

Stros66 Member

The 2-3-2 format Astros hasn’t won one game in the three middle games whether on the road or at home the last two years. This has to change if the Stros are going to the WS.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

And we don't have to wait too long for a shot to tie things up.

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yes we do need him to do that. Chill bruh.