1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros vs. Yankees ALCS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 12, 2019.

1. bcast89

bcast89 Member

The fact that we didn’t score a run should make them angry and embarrassed enough.

everyday eddie, lw17 and roxallways like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Oh damn they are going to actually get shut out. Pathetic.

lw17 likes this.
  3. Biggio Was His Name-O

Baseball is not for the faint of heart. Go watch football, it’s over in several hours if you don’t show up

4. Biggio Was His Name-O

My wife asked me tonight why do they play a seven game series and not one. My response “because it’s the greatest sport ever and no one would be happy with having someone moving on after one game”

jcee15 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

That sucked azz

6. Nook

Nook Member

The Astros and Yankees are fairly close... no one knows who is going to win the series.

Astros all season went through periods where the offense wasn’t good and then went on an even long stretch of putting up crooked numbers. Other than Correa and his back, they aren’t a different team. At some point they will put up crooked numbers, let’s just hope it isn’t too late. This Astros team is capable of being a tsunami to opponents.... Verlander and Cole will likely go 4 of the last 6 games... Greinke was fine and what Tanaka did tonight has no bearing on what he does next time because he is so up and down.... Had we won this game our odds of winning the series would have been around 80%.... as it is it is still 50/50 or possible better.... 6 left... 3 and 3 home and road and the two best pitchers in the world in 4 of those 6.

7. Nook

Nook Member

You are ignorant.

The Astros won because they were the better team.

Go back to your Texans board and dream about the Texans winning a playoff game

The Beard likes this.
  8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Because 'World Series' sounds better than 'World Game '

Plus regular season has 'series' not just single games like NFL.

Jontro likes this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

If u don't think that game is different at 2-1 vs 6-1.....lol.

That ERA is regular season, but hey......he looked like CY Young tonight.

No....I want the Astros to win. BUT as y'all like to say, Don't make excuses for them. Y'all bending over backwards to excuse this pathetic display of offense they have had in the postseason.

You compare them to the Texans. Texans have NEVER been the favorite to win it all. Never had a team with this much offensive and defensive (Pitching) talent. You win 107 games....and your team is hitting below .200 for the postseason. A bunch of players coming up small. You want to say you are one of the best teams EVER, show it.

10. HTM

HTM Member

That's the problem... the offense was bad against the Rays, the offense has been bad against the Yankees so far... the "it's going to come" better turn into "it's here" by tomorrow or we won't make it to the WS.

The bats absolutely must figure it out by tomorrow but with the way they have been playing I'm not feeling it.

boomboom and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Better how? They didn't pitch better over the entire series. They differently didn't hit better. Cole was the only pitcher BETTER than the Rays. Verlander in game 1 also.

12. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

The offense just can't seem to get jump started. I don't think it's opponent pitching so much as a mental funk affecting the entire team. This has been going on for a few months now.

Gotta find a live chicken for Jobu.

lw17 likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Bill O’Brien is waiting for you to toss his salad.

Better get on that.

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I'm shocked at reading a ton of Astros 'fans' giving up after 1 game.

I mean, I know it's possible that we don't make it to the WS, but giving up completely???

Wow.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You can't keep saying that the Texans have never been a favorite to win as a excuse...

Whose fault is that? The Astros are favorites because they deserve to be favorites. The Texans don't deserve to be favorites.

tmoney1101 and BigM like this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This offense is so damn streaky.

boomboom and Nook like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Better because they won 3 of the 5 games?

Cole and Verlander were better than anyone on the Rays... good thing because they pitched 4 of the 5 games.

BigM likes this.
  18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Well that sucked. Still feel good about taking the series.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Right?

There's a difference between saying "this team is playing like total ****ing putrid dogshit tonight" and saying in the 2nd inning "this game is over", etc.... Or in the 6th inning of the first of 7 "see you next year". Declarative statements, especially the ridiculously premature ones, just fly in the face of everything we know about what can happen in baseball.

There's also a difference between talking about *why* things are happening on the field: not being aggressive enough, not trying to go the other way tonight for example, and saying this team is choking, has no heart, can only win if they cheat, etc...just **** that is completely pulled out of someone's ass

I hope you can understand where a bunch of the minimal tolerance for certain things comes from. That's just not how this part of the board has ever worked.

Nook, Tfor3, Blake and 2 others like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Exactly.

Tfor3 likes this.