1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China backs down under fear of american retributions and Olympics boycott

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by malakas, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They're free to talk about it here... No wait they GTFO

vlaurelio, tinman and fckbandwagons like this.
  2. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Different country same result. Seems journalism is dead and journalists just follow marching orders

3. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

This will all blow over. Just like everything else.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Does that mean Yao is no longer extremely hot?

vlaurelio, D-rock, Spacemoth and 2 others like this.
  5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Yao’s always extremely hot

Easy and Nook like this.
  6. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

our chinese journalist are goverment employee,
    all media are state media.
    some non-gov news website owned by citizen are not allowed to interview.
    it is criminal to interview if you are not state media journalist .

D-rock, malakas, Jontro and 1 other person like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

srs question breh, is it difficult for chinese citizens to migrate to another country? say maybe a border country like vietnam, laos, or even india? I'm talking about legally

8. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

imigrate to western country need 6 millions dollars at least(investment imigration) .
    it is a huge number to normal people who earns 500-1000 dollars per month.
    only richest corrupt goverment officer ,big boss and super star can afford this huge money.
    chinese don't like the poor country like vietnam,we wont imigrate to there.
    the reason rich chinese imigration are not chasing freedom , the reason is safety ,safety fo life and property.
    lots of chinese celebrity still earn money in china .
    they keep their chinese citizenship while their kids imigrate to western country.
    like Yao ming ,Yi jian lian...

#168 hezhenxiangx, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    MorningZippo, Easy, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

my line of thinking was more business freedom. in a country like Laos, although much poorer than vietnam, many of their fmg & f&b businesses are foreign investments.

also vietnam within the last decade has drastically climbed up the economic charts. however i dunno how much better they are politically than china. my guess is pretty much the same.

10. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

2012,a poor chinese woman with her dead fetus ,
    the local goverment forced her aborted with violence.after then .let her lie down with her dead baby.
    in china .breeding 2 kids or more is criminal accordding 'plan to breed policy ' law.
    in china birth number is the KPI of goverment officer.
    [​IMG]

malakas likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

aw breh wtf. dun need that depressing shiz here. i would smuggle myself out if i were chinese.

tinman likes this.
  12. PatBev

PatBev Member

Well they’re communist which makes them cowards

There was never anything to be afraid of

13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

At first, I was upset that it was Morey that made the tweet because he rocked the boat and everyone was going to resent him and the Rockets. Now I'm glad the tweet came from him. We're not China's team anymore. I'm glad someone in the Rockets organization actually said something whereas everyone else has voluntarily shut their mouths. Fans from all teams are standing behind his words. I'm still a Rockets fan and glad as hell I'm not a Brooklyn fan.

Now a bunch of Chinese fans will have to stop rooting for the Rockets or possibly even the rest of the NBA. I hope the CCP completely bans the NBA so they can come to grips with the fact that their government censors literally everything they see. They banned South Park, DJ Zedd, Winnie the Pooh. Who cares? When something they actually like gets banned maybe they'll start complaining and we can actually get change over there.

tinman and vlaurelio like this.
  14. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

if watching nba games will make hongkong free and independent .I will spent all my life watch nba .如果看nba能使中国亡国的话,我会充一辈子腾讯vip

malakas, vlaurelio and Nook like this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don’t forget they banned Guns N Roses for Chinese Democracy
    @Jontro

#175 tinman, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  16. malakas

malakas Member

"We love the CCP. It has made every people's lives better"

I guess women aren't people in China.
    Noone talks about this anymore.
    The crimes commited against women.

Wulaw Horn and Nook like this.
  17. Miracle

Miracle Member

This is a complicated political topic. There is no definition of a country that is universally agreed upon. The term is used in different contexts with different senses, both formally and informally. One related notion in a formal context is called a "sovereign state", but even the definition of that is not universally agreed upon. It is widely accepted that a sovereign state should have a permanent population, a defined territory, a government, and the capacity to enter into relations with other sovereign states. Some theories require a sovereign state to be recognized by others while other theories do not. In the case of Taiwan and ROC, most regard it as a de facto state that has limited worldwide diplomatic recognition because of PRC. Some countries keep informal cultural and economic relationships with ROC but most do not have formal diplomatic relationship with it. Different international organizations adopt different policies towards ROC, which is mostly called "Chinese Taipei" where it is accepted. All in all, the political status of Taiwan and ROC is controversial and it is up to you how you want to interpret it.

18. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Chinese gov’t should f itself. Like who gives a crap what someone says? It’s the year 2019 y0...

19. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

合久必分,分久必合,统一或分裂,都是中性词,不一定都是坏事,也不一定是好事。

20. Miracle

Miracle Member

Technically, the kids of Yao Ming and Yi Jianlian are granted US citizenships simply because they were born in the US. That is different from immigration. They can choose to give up the US citizenships and become Chinese citizens before they are 18 years old. Considering that getting US citizenships is much more difficult for them, their parents choose to keep the US citizenships and leave the option of becoming Chinese citizens open before 18 years old.

By the way, I heard that these days the CCP has had increasing awareness of the issue and government officials that have a kid with a non-Chinese citizenship have a lower chance of getting promoted.

#180 Miracle, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019