1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Vs. Rays ALDS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 4, 2019.

1. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Woke up this morning like ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Any credence to the rumors that Cora (the sign-stealing guru) has been advising them on the downlow?

You figure he'd have a plethora of info on the yankees pitchers' tendencies.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Series went FIVE because all series will go FIVE ??

Let's blowout the Yankees and the NL.

Pretty cool Choi made the final out.

Rock Block likes this.
  4. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Yea that was very appropriate after him being a bit of a thorn all series

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

There is a reason you hear rumors, but not facts. People who leave the Astros do not want to give away secrets, because they want to incorporate those techniques with their new teams.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

#4506 J.R., Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    RustyHarden likes this.
  7. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Definitely like the idea of Peacock over Miley. I can warm up to Abreu over Straw but I really think Straw can be a weapon for us as a pinch runner but I think Tucker is fast enough and an excellent base runner to make some noise on the base paths if needed so maybe it makes sense to get 1 more (hopefully) reliable bullpen arm to throw out there for an inning or two.

Anyone have stats of how Greinke has done against the Yankees the past 2 years?

8. SS0101

SS0101 Member

What do yall think about no Greinke in this picture? Nothing to worry about? Just let Greinke be Greinke is my first thought on it.

9. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Okay Castor27. I am ready for a ALCS Yankees versus Astros thread.

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

everyday eddie likes this.
  11. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Did anyone notice the hats the Astros were wearing after the victory? I am pretty sure those were the wrong hats. They said "World Series" all over them. I think someone shipped the wrong box to try and jinx us.

12. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Good stuff Astros. I found an English pub in Prague playing the game at 4 am. I had the bartender switch it off the Thursday night football game. Crazy little bar. Some bouncy Czech girl was giving blowies in the restroom.

Weird stuff happens everywhere at that hour I guess.

everyday eddie and RustyHarden like this.
  13. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"> <a href="https://t.co/T65sFEDiHo">pic.twitter.com/T65sFEDiHo</a></p>&mdash; Matt Obama (@DaMetsfan) <a href="">October 11, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Shoutout to the Rays pitching staff. Man they are unbelievable, 10 out of the 11 guys they used in the series threw 95+ with devastating breakers (and Yarbrough being a LOOGY nightmare). They had the most pitching WAR this season for a reason and it was extremely tough sledding for the bats all series.

Now it's time for the starting 9 to feast. Let's go.

everyday eddie and solid like this.
  15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

While I think Tucker will be an important part of the team next season, as a reserve I see little to no advantage to have him over Straw.

Peacock and/or Abreu over Miley is a pretty easy call.

solid likes this.
  16. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Tucker should be starting Game 1 tomorrow night. His bat is just plain better than Reddick's. Reddick gets the Verlander starts and all other games go to Tuck.

17. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

No doubt it does. If healthy, the Rays have a strong top of the rotation next year.

18. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

This does sound like a good plan. Would like to see Tucker get some back to back games especially at home to see if he can get a hit or 2 and maybe get a homer. He doesn't seem rattled at all even though some of his swings have been terrible he still seems to have the right approach. I trust his eye better than Reddick and his ability to make contact would be more beneficial as well. Reddick's glove is awesome but Tucker's not too shabby either.

19. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Doubt it means anything. Although I really don't get the whole "Greinke is extremely weird but lovable" crowd.

20. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I didn't see Greinke at all the whole night. Did they ever show him in the dugout or bullpen?