1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

South Park's "sincere" apology to China

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by alethios, Oct 9, 2019.

1. alethios

alethios Member

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/10/south-park-china-apology-censorship

Excerpt:
    "Like the NBA, we welcome the Chinese censors into our homes and into our hearts,” the statement reads, according to the Hollywood Reporter. “We too love money more than freedom and democracy. [President] Xi [Jinping] doesn’t look like Winnie the Pooh at all. Tune in to our 300th episode this Wednesday at 10! Long live the great Communist Party of China. May the autumn’s sorghum harvest be bountiful. We good now, China?"

Yung-T, Big MAK and Xerobull like this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I don't know if I.D.I.O.T. but South Park still knocking it out after all these years.

3. alethios

alethios Member

I agree, but it was too good to pass up and didn't want to litter the GARM with non-GARM discussions like so many others.

4. elrond

elrond Member

The last episode on China was pretty epic. It's been forever since I watched South Park (and I originally started with the Spirit of Christmas). Not surprisingly, they came out and apologized in the only way they know how :D

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

it makes us all want to apologize

#sorrychina

6. SunsRocketsfan

South Park is awesome. #wearereallysorrychina #wegoodnow

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

#OnlyInAmerica

This is what Free Speech looks like. I'm looking at you, China.

tinman likes this.
  8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Another reason to love The Internet.