1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Defending freedom of speech is important, but you should know what happened then give a speech.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Emanon, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Emanon

Emanon Member

Nope, I have freedom because I am not an important person and anonymous.
    Now the organ harvesting is not from Falung Gong but Muslims?
    How do I know that? I neither harvested it nor being harvested, neither my Muslim friend, How could I know?
    What's your problem to connect everything to these? Even I post a lot, you will just not believe, right? If you want to discuss about that, let's get out of CF, it's not related to Rockets stuff here.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he meant it as a joke.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Good god how stupid can you people be, the lot of us here aren't defending HK, we're defending Morey. We are defending an American citizens right to send ONE tweet and not get inundated with death threats from bots. Stop creating a strawman and stop with this whataboutism. Enough is enough China.

Again, I ask you, where are the lefties in this nation in regards to Tils? Why aren't they calling for his head, assembling a group of bots to attack him? Right, we don't do that because we are better than that crap.

Yung-T likes this.
  4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This.

What Morey had exposed is not only the situation happening in Hong Kong, because be honest with you, 80-90% of the US people don't really know what is going on and most of them don't really give a sh't about it, there is nothing wrong about it.

Same can be speak for majority of the posters here, they come her expecting to talk about the Rockets, so if anyone will tell me that they want to talk Rockets and not politics, they have all their rights to do so. I just think for this event and at this special moment, we should also allow this kind of topics to exist and let people express their views, thats all.

What Morey did is exactly exposing what kind of world and dictatorship you are seeing from China, just because they are richer (no doubt an extremely powerful economic power in the world now), it doesn't necessary mean that they are progressing much advance than North Korea in terms of human rights and freedom.

I get the point that even in our country here, USA, we also bend over our value for money all the time, no one said this is a perfect world.

But there is always a bottom line, like freedom of speech. If one day we can't even speak of our mind, and just let someone else to shove a big mac down your throat and ask you to STFU.

Will you still swallow it?

noppeper, Yung-T, freyzhang and 3 others like this.
  5. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

They could but they chose to remain ignorant. This freedom of choice is the real story here. Probably the non ignorant minds are all blown up along the way

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Morey made the softest political statement I've ever seen and China turned it into the equivalent of murdering dignitaries. Morey immediately deleted his tweet and apologized the next day. Tilman probably f'd up more here by immediately denouncing the statements.

Morey is not a hero here because he immediately retreated. He made a cute post that he deleted later.

China just proved to the Western World that they are decades behind the free world when it comes to individual liberties and to be honest the West still needs A LOT OF WORK.

Yung-T, Deckard, K mf G and 4 others like this.
  7. meh

meh Contributing Member

The origin of it all is the deal China made to England when the handover happened in 1997, and then China deciding to ignore that 22 years later. But this may require a better understanding of Chinese history than allowed under the almighty Xi.

Also Morey has suffered no consequences. You know why? Because he is an American and he has the right of free speech

Yung-T and malakas like this.
  8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

And you think this is bad, us HKers and Taiwanese people have to take these BS everyday!!

9. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I'm tired of the whole "you don't know the full story' ect.. ect.. from the Chinese.

I understand both sides and I fully support Hong Kong in this situation

tbh what I'D LIKE TO SEE is the Chinese on this board TELL ME not THEIR SIDE, but Hong Kongs viewpoint on this ordeal.

That's my challenge. Prove to me, chinese people of this board, that you all know both sides of this story from both viewpoints.. because only then can you truly have a real opinion.

10. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

We don't give a damn what our gov think of our posting. We don't even necessary support CCP but the Morey / NBA issue I'd a popular movement to Chinese fans offended

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This might be my favorite thread so far on this because of the absolute stupidity of the couple of pro-China members/bots that keep posting.

Q: "How can there be so many organs available for transplant? The math and numbers just don't add up based on the entirety of the rest of the world"
    A: I think these guys just die earlier and quicker on purpose... that's got to be it.

As amusing as these threads are, I'd honestly just suggest stop responding.

Or maybe @Clutch can temporarily create a NBA vs. China forum.

All these threads are the same.

Yung-T, CCity Zero and malakas like this.
  12. Emanon

Emanon Member

I really don't want to mention Stering, I hate his words too. But here is NBA related BBS, let's use him as example.

Did Stering have right of free speech?
    He has.
    Is Stering's speech hurt others?
    yes.
    Did Stering pay for his free speech?
    yes.

That's why I said it's not about FREEDOM OF SPEECH. Everyone should have that right.
    It's when you have specific position, you need be responsibility of your speech.
    That thing Stering talk is US baseline, he crossed.
    What Morey talk is China baseline, just you never give a **** on that. You can disagree with China's baseline, but you have to admit it is there. And Morey, should know about it. If you can not accept with that baseline, why you start the collaboration at beginning? Is china's baseline changed?

freyzhang likes this.
  13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Letting bots/troll farms control the narrative on internet social media has proven disastrous for the United States and it's easily manipulated populace.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

We get it dude. "Nobody" cares that the NBA is banned in China now. Where "nobody" is 99% of people. The 1% of people banking cash money care. That's it. DM crossed your baseline. Great! Cancel the NBA in China and go away. Seems easy. As in, please... go away. Stop posting, lol.

He didn't cross the NBA's baseline, fortunately - though it was touch and go there, was the NBA's baseline money or morals?? now we know.

Also, it remains about freedom of speech. Because the tweet is about freedom of speech. not DM's freedom of speech, but the people of HKs freedom of speech ... and human rights. The fundamental core of the whole thing is about freedom.

noppeper, Yung-T, malakas and 2 others like this.
  15. chimera34

chimera34 Member

Actually all those topics are freely discussed in schools, work, and the media here....our schools' history books don't have it cause they were published prolly in the 1950s....but that is a much different problem (lack of proper gov't funding, lack of awareness). It isn't censorship. Don't get me wrong...a democracy isn't a perfect gov't. It has its flaws and has gone through its trials and tribulations. Moreover, even certain countries that are democratic republics (e.g., South Korea) have strong censorship laws. But when comparing between a communist country such as China (almost complete censorship) vs. the U.S.A. (minor censorship) its like comparing the CBA vs the NBA's talent levels.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Protest is part of freedom of speech. Perhaps you should research what falls under freedom of speech.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

It's comical, because for all those people not caring, you know China will step up their effort to create stream farms to undercut the NBA product. And I'll let you guess who the number one customer of those farms will be.

Don't believe me, look at Huawei and Google last week with the drama of LZPlay.

18. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

And rioting a crime. They can shout walk all they want. But as soon as HKers start arson and looting I want police and - army if necessary - to **** them up

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Yeah, how dare Daryl Morey in a tweet condone rioting, looting and violence in a tweet! How dare he attack the CCP and call it's leader Winnie the Pooh.

Wait, I'm receiving word he didn't. In fact, all he was asking for was freedom of speech. That's it. Wow, this must be awkward for you. But hey, keep with that strawman and whataboutism. It's really working for you.

Yung-T, malakas, Harrisment and 2 others like this.
  20. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

I have no intention to debate the political system cos that's beyond my wit to speculate what would work or not for China.

All I was saying: chinese know their govs bullshit as well as you know yours