1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

People in Mainland China ... We good now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sheb, Oct 7, 2019.

1. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

it's not culture different. American culture loved by chinese like : music ,movie ,sports .it is different between fool by communist party or not fool by communist party

tinman, malakas and Yung-T like this.
  2. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

Hmmm...
    We didn’t burn your jerseys... if someone did that would’ve become viral on our social media already... cuz that’s def gonna be trending...

While the other day a dude was arrested for “supporting the Rockets” which I believe is what your media says. As a matter of fact the reason he got arrested was his attempt of burning our national flag in the pic.
    #can someone tell me how to upload images here...

And I’m surprised how you can’t google anything related. Let alone saying it’s censored...
    The news is literally EVERYWHERE on our open mass media and private social media. Top 10 hot key words on Weibo(the Chinese twitter). Top 1 discussion topic on Zhihu (Chinese Quora)
    News of Pop, CJ, Russ, big baby kept popping up with subtitled clips. Never underestimate our social media power...

Man.. as Rockets fans we don’t hv ANY problem with you guys... Not a single negative msg did I find are against you guys the US Rockets fans. Let’s all just hv a good day.

#202 mikeshinoda, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    fckbandwagons likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why did his political opinion matter to you so much? You want fired for supporting the Hong Kong protests? A player may have the opposite political views as us but we still support them.

I think the Chinese people are a rich and amazing culture. I think the Chinese govt is wrong to suppress the people of Hong Kong.

4. Fansince80

Fansince80 Member

Stop the BS. You would dissapear, specially if others followed you along.

Totalitarian, repressive regime holding it's programmed people hostage.

5. idshiy

idshiy Member

I have close friends in hk, most of them are not with protestors, but they keep silents and don't want to get involved. it seems lots of ppl are going for protest but really compare to hk population its very small percentage.

6. idshiy

idshiy Member

how many? give me the status thank you. and what does that has to do with what we r talking about here? im not “护国” im just discussing the current situation and trying to understand each other better. trust me, i don't really care about wht DM said, i just wanna watch NBA.

7. idshiy

idshiy Member

well it is, culture is not just about musice and movies, its much deeper than that. you can wiki that

8. idshiy

idshiy Member

no i won't, i went protest a few yrs ago stopping our city building chemical factory in the city, i was fine, but i do know a guy got knocked on the door by police later, and got fired by his company. i guess that depends, if you are aiming to go against gov and have revolution, yeah, you ll get caught for sure.

malakas likes this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

I hope the factory wasn't built. Good for you to go and protest for the quality of your life and environment. Keep up the good work.

Progress and difference comes from within.
    Small steps. If you want to improve the world, you don't have to become a revolutionary.

10. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

Why do you answer a person who put racist words? He is clearly ****ing ****.

11. idshiy

idshiy Member

the factory was built in the end and is running LOL, well, environment is a big issue for the whole world

12. malakas

malakas Member

Sorry to hear that. It is a big issue all over.
    If we want a better quality of life we have to work on it ourselves. And go out and demand it. Keep up the good work. Maybe this one didn't work but the next time it will, as long as you don't give up .

13. kanariya

kanariya Member

I really hope you don't do it for your safety.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-prompts-calls-for-investigation-into-torture
    https://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/15/world/asia/chinese-activist-dies-in-custody.html
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-dissident-has-died-custody-where-is-outrage/
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-activists-missing-in-china-after-police-raid

there and many more in Google. Baidu won't show you these.

malakas likes this.
  14. kanariya

kanariya Member

Man I don't know. They seem to hate everybody. But they are very good at say this and do that.
    They are boycotting Japanese manga Slam Dunk as the author posted support HK material. They have glass heart.

15. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

I sensed this is trolling thread.

16. kanariya

kanariya Member

You don't understand HK at all.

17. kanariya

kanariya Member

You seemed like been reading censored news. HK had estimated 2 million people out marching peacefully in June. With estimated 7 million population, it was one of the highest turn out for a protest in history.

I also have friends and families in HK. They hate the gov and police.

malakas likes this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You didn’t hear?

Morey started this whole Hong Kong thing
    It’s his fault
    It’s also his fault Winey the Pooh is banned in China

19. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Please do not spread fake news.

20. cmellon

cmellon Member

Hey guys... I am from Indonesia, lived in the States for 10 years, studied and worked there, then settled to work in Hong Kong. I am pretty neutral party on this as I am neither American nor Chinese. I know precisely the situation in Hong Kong. I can tell you it is fairly complex. There are two camps of the protesters: Peaceful one and ultra violent (radical) ones. The radical ones now already take over the city in the past 1 or 2 months, and the police continue to be scared to do too much as they are under the world's spotlight. These ultra violent protesters destroy Hong Kong's MTR (Mass Transit Rail) system. They also start destroying and burning restaurant, banks, Starbucks and government buildings. Franchise holders of Starbucks Hong Kong voice support for HK policemen, so Starbucks around HK now being vandalized and some destroyed and burned.

Nowadays simply voicing support for Hong Kong policemen or against violence is enough reason for the radicals to gang beat you up. here for example coverage from Australian TV showing a TV personality lady got beaten up as she is vocal to these violent protesters. I believe if this happens in U.S., the will be called terrorist as they destroy, burn, and beat people.

The situation is almost like a civil war, and it's very painful to see even for an outsider like myself. Moreover, the slogan they use (Free Hong Kong, revolution of our time) and also the song they sing (their "anthem") seem to subtly indicate this is a separatist movement (though they may not want to admit).

This is why the situation is extremely sensitive. On top of that, the U.S. and China are now in a big fight in multiple facets, every single thing becomes very sensitive. Most Americans probably do not really know the real situation in HK as the U.S. mainstream TV do not really cover that much, and prefer to talk about Trump's impeachment, uyghur, and Kurds getting abandoned. It's almost as if HK suddenly is thrown into this huge fight between U.S. and China while the city and citizen in the city is burning.