1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey might have cost the nba 4 billion dollars

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Oct 8, 2019.

1. TilmanFinancialWindfall

People caught using VPN disappeared and now working on a farm in Northern China for re education.

That's why you haven't heard anyone get caught using VPN

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Next time Adam Silver will think twice about nixing Morey's trade.

[​IMG]

I have a hard time believing that the guy who is meticulous about risk/reward roster moves and over analyzes everything he does, would be naive about the tweet. Morey knew exactly what he was doing.

Drove a CCP stake straight into the Scummy vampire's heart above lulz...

Also, got back at the cheap ass Tillman and his luxury tax savings lol
    [​IMG]

#62 Zboy, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This is what Morey does when you cancel his creative Nene contract.

Richie_Rich and Zboy like this.
  5. TilmanFinancialWindfall

I think you are right.

Morey is too smart.

Hates tilman so this hurts tilman

Hates Silverman, so he hurts Nba
    Now he doesn't have to quit and he gets paid in full.

francis 4 prez and B-Bob like this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

In China, they root for the pigs in George Orwell's Animal Farm. And Boxer is just another juicy steak. Yummy. Happy ending.

T-2 and pippendagimp like this.
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Let's be very clear: Not Daryl Morey's tweet cost the NBA anything, the absurdly comical and grossly hysterical overreaction by the Chinese dictatorship did.

T-2, Little Bit, I am a Donut and 3 others like this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...ill-be-required-scan-their-faces-use-internet

[The Chinese government continues its Orwellian practices with the announcement that citizens will have to use facial recognition technology to access the internet (which is already highly fire-walled.)]

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Shouldn't have voided that Nene contract NBA, Morey could have been working on trades instead of pondering civil liberties.

11. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

I ll save him if you tell me which farm.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  12. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Pepperridge farms remember

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You might really be onto something.

* Ferntits won't go into luxury tax to give the Rox a chance last season.
    * Against Morey's wishes, Ferntits demands a trade for Westbrick, the analytics nightmare.
    * Silver is Silver, and also screws with the Nene contract.
    * Morey has too much time to think this summer. Mwahahaha!
    * Tweet that sunk a thousand yachts.

francis 4 prez and Zboy like this.
  14. TilmanFinancialWindfall

15. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

What my friends heard were just rumors of people being caught. So no real way of knowing if the rumors are true, or just misinformation to scare those using VPN. I have no knowledge personally if a government can easily track VPN users. Wish I could be of more help to you.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If only they could reduce the salaries of Brothers, Foster and Co.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have used it for 10 years and no problems occured but you will never know with Xi and his new policies.

It's sad but China wasn't always like that. Even with a VPN, the net speed is not fast enough IMO.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A compromise, a truce would be spot on.

MC31B likes this.
  19. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

that's exactly why the nba can't play no ****ing games either. if a 7 word tweet from a random GM is enough for them to ban the entire nba, then something was always going to be a reason. and if you back down once, you have to back down forever. call their bluff.

the nba isn't in china out of the goodness of china's heart. they get something out of it, too. if it's not a bluff and they want to to throw that away, alright. i'm sure their people will love having their 2nd favorite sport taken away. if it is a bluff, it will blow over and the nba wins.

but you absolutely can't have every tweet by every player and coach and gm runs through chinese leadership for the next 50 years.

and for china's part, reacting like this during the trade war may have overplayed their hand. they're bringing up every issue from that war in a much more relatable way and now could make other companies think about how much they want to be in china if all they get is bullied and don't get much out of it. and make grandstanding politicians actually grandstand for a good reason for once.

and all of this makes me realize how much of a cold war we are going to have with china for the next 50 years. we've already been in an unofficial trade war for like 20 years. seeing them react in such a way on a nothing issue that only makes it more likely we will react and both sides will dig in makes you realize how every issue is going to go like this (obviously this little nba issue will blow over one way or the other). sometimes money and trade is a great way to bring peoples together. but patriotism is an even more blindly followed motive and not wanting to look unpatriotic to get money could end up breaking the small ties we have with china right now.

Wulaw Horn and Kornel87 like this.
  20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They would have picked out a player for speaking up on this issue sooner or later. It was a ticking time bomb. I don't think the blame Morey thing is accurate. Even so, screw China. They are not our governing body and they don't have the right to be strong arming us. We are a world power still, and they better back off. We have Western democratic culture and principles... they have an authoritarian hell zone. We need more people to stand up to them. The NBA is just the first group fighting this thing. Credit to Morey and Silver for not caving.

Harden though... man, trade him. I really don't have any respect for him. I don't want to even watch him. He is a disgraceful excuse of a man. This is why he just doesn't have championship blood. A champion would stand up like a man. He's too much about that China money when he already has a ton. Weak as hell. He'd better clean that Chinese j*zz out of his beard before the next game.