1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chinese fans, isn’t this your cue to leave?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kubli9, Oct 8, 2019.

1. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Genuine question. I’m not asking you to leave, but hasn’t your government essentially told it’s citizens not to associate with the Rockets? I’d think it would be dangerous to come to ClutchFans in such a monitored state.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Coming here and watching the Rockets is them exercising their freedom in spite of their nazistic government imposing stasi like surveillance.

I welcome them with open arms.

CCP trolls and bots and even worse those hypocrites chinese americans who support dictators while enjoying freedom, though can gtfo.

3. jayland

jayland Member

I think those denying the wishes of the Chinese government and risking arrest by watching Rocket games on illegal streams is a sign they are true Rockets fans.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Try not to be an a$$hole if you don't know what it's like to live in a monitored state where those monitored actually get targeted for what they do. It might seem like a trivial or funny thing to do, but it's not. I know it's unimaginable to you, but it's a real thing that ruins people's lives.

If this is an actual discussion, do you think people are going to out themselves here? Do you think they can say what they want to say and have a real discussion?

The only thing that happens is those people watch you use your free speech to troll their very real situation. Most people have complex opinions - some pro and some anti their government - and if they can't share the criticism then they either keep quiet or just say the positive stuff, and then you pile on them as if they're brainwashed.

If you're actually curious, just do some research. Chinese people mostly live on a virtually different internet. You're not going to get a full spectrum here anyway.

5. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

I dont think this was meant to be a serious discussion.

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

I am in general dubious about gross terms like Chinese fans, you China, We HK this and that. Conflicting, isnt it about the very principle you ask other people to follow.

Bearded13, Easy and Feedoffdoubt like this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I know.

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

delete

Feedoffdoubt likes this.
  9. mms

mms Member

I guess OP meant to be funny or cute but it fails. Another example that some ignorant people cannot tell the difference between the oppressor and oppressed.

Scola Scoops and Feedoffdoubt like this.
  10. kubli9

Supporting Member

So is it or isn't it dangerous for Chinese to associate with the Rockets now? This is a serious discussion, the relationship with the Rockets is over. I genuinely want to know why so many would disobey a direct mandate from the government.

RocketsFido and HP3 like this.
  11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Chinese propaganda employees get a pass.......Chinese bots as well.

I give them ‘til opening night. Then suffer the inability to watch and chime in on a great season/product.

kubli9 and malakas like this.
  12. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It's all Chinese government officials on here if you ask me. There are a few good posters giving real Chinese perspectives as citizens abroad, but I get the feeling a lot of pawns of their government are posting.

I say we encourage the good citizens of China to remain fans of their favorite team, whomever that might be. No one should get to decide for them. Especially not a government.

clutchdabear, Jontro, Yung-T and 3 others like this.
  14. kubli9

Supporting Member

Soon there will be no Chinese influence on the NBA because the Chinese won't be able to watch it.

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Also.. the NBA will still be a successful business. That includes our Rockets.

clutchdabear, Yung-T and kubli9 like this.
  16. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

Everything has been said about China so far in this thread falls incredibly ignorant, arrogant and offensive on any Chinese ear.

We had no illusion on the intellectual capacity of you guys to start with. Its sad though we thought Morey knew it better.

Oh and we are staying to watch your team struggle and your organisation implode.

And your GM fired

bingfei236 likes this.
  17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I don’t think the OP was trying to be cute or funny at all. I think it was a genuine question, and I’ve had the same thought. Coming here seems like a genuine risk. I don’t know how it works, so I’m equally curious.

Lawlruschang, RocketsFido and kubli9 like this.
  18. foh

foh Member

Reported

19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Time to reinstate:
    Basketballholic
    PEN15clubber
    Justxyank (if you were banned dude)
    that dude with the pony and hand gun avatar

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I heard there might not be any fans in the stands for the lakers games in China because they are afraid the government will think they are siding with the nba

tycoonchip and kubli9 like this.