1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey is low key winning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmelo, Oct 7, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Business cutting ties with another business happens a lot in the US.
    What does NOT happen is for the american government to ban access and limit the choices and freedom of their own citizens over the personal opinion of a foreign private citizen.

That is NOT normal for a democracy but is very normal in an absolute regime that knows the simple truth.

If you want to continue your reign of terror you have to go down hard and even harder on anyone who dares to challenge your authority. Even if he lives across the world and is a relative unknown.

Oh now the CCP is listening to their citizens? How considerate?
    And if a lot of people asked them to unban the chinese government will hurry to serve their people.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. HP3

HP3 Member

No, I dont believe that. And even it were true, we would never be able to know because of China's censorship.

foh likes this.
  3. foh

foh Member

You don't live in China..
    You claim to know how majority of Chinese really feel about Morey saying that he supports HK demands.
    What are your credentials?
    Again, should we listen to you and others of your "apologist/misinformation" ilk that are flooding the forum at the moment? Why should I believe your take on what Chinese people really feel? Are you an independent pollster with verifyable quality research? Where do you get your info? Do you think I don't have Chinese friends? Why do your Chinese friends are more legit than mine?

And on the subject of propaganda, do all your Chinese friends (that you equate to the whole of China) know HK's demands clearly?

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

The more time that passes and the less I hear from him after his forced apology, I do not believe Morey set out to do anything but get some likes. I believe he made a tweet that he thought would get a few likes from his friends on Broadway, but not set off a national discussion about the woes of allowing a foreign government to essentially control the message of a U.S. entity.

Daryl has been fast and loose with his social media for a few years and I believe this is another one of those times he thought he was just making a post without a lot of thought into it.

Daryl is being made a free world hero, when in realty he's just a dude who accidentally turned his chain email into a national hot topic.

5. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Morey 2020!

He’d get my vote!

6. choujie

choujie Member

You are talking about CCP and policy and so on which is not we are arguing here.

The people I talked to, most of them don't like CCP, a lot of them hate it. However, we are talking about Morey's tweet issue, which I feel most Chinese people think it's more about sovereignty than democracy. They tend to agree with government on this kind of issues.

China has a different set of laws from US. Government has the right to ban a lot of things, but that doesn't mean Chinese people don't agree with government on every issue, especially when sovereignty is involved.

7. malakas

malakas Member

You said that it's not true that CCP banned the NBA on their own, but because a lot of chinese citizens asked them about it , and it wouldn't matter either way because they wouldn't watch.

In which I responded
    a) Banning with not banning is the difference between night and day. And something becoming unpopular on its own is not the same as being banned.
    b) Most chinese people may think that , but didn't you say that " they keep to themselves and mind their own business" ?

If you keep to yourselves then do that and don't try to impose your twisted sense of freedom of speech unto others.

8. choujie

choujie Member

All news channels and media outlets are biased in terms of political issues. That includes US. Talk to different people from different region with different point of views helps.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean yea, but how can we know for sure what the Chinese people really want. I bet you if an independent organization conducted an anonymous poll, than we might have a better idea. But China would never allow that.

10. choujie

choujie Member

a) I was asking don't you think they banned NBA because a lot people asked them to? From people I talked to, it could be the case. Remember, Chinese culture and US culture are different, their laws are different. People rely on government a lot more in China than in US for this kind of issues.

b) I never said people need to keep it to themselves. You can think whatever you want and talk whatever you want. I have no interested stopping you from doing that.

c) Care to explain what twisted sense of freedom of speech I tried to impose on you? I don't know where this came from.

11. malakas

malakas Member

a) No I definitely don't think so at all.

b) You said that the "chinese people keep to themselves" mind their own business and don't bother others. So why do you bother us?

c) From the CCP own mouth
    "We do not believe any issues concerning territorial integrity fall into the range of freedom of speech."

This is twisted and trying to be imposed on america.
    Should I suscribe to the CCP newspaper to get all the memos of what is freedom of speech today and what it changes to tomorrow?:rolleyes:

12. choujie

choujie Member

Have you lived in China? If anything people and government can truly agree on in terms of politics, sovereignty is the one. I can't think of a 2nd.

13. choujie

choujie Member

LOL. Fact check your b) and c). I don't remember I said those.

Oh c) is you quoted what CCP said as if I said. Nice try. Can I call this "twisted sense of freedom of speech"?

14. foh

foh Member

Sounds like a sh*tty place to live in if that is the only thing they agree on. No wonder you don't live there

malakas likes this.
  15. choujie

choujie Member

I thought you already left. Just one answer: Don't live in China and do't go to China are two different things.

BTW, your friends can be legit too, that's why I don't call you a troll or apologist etc. I'm just stating my opinion. Apparent you can't allow a different opinion, despite supporting democracy.

16. choujie

choujie Member

Not the only thing. I meant on political issues. On some other issues they might agree on, but not "truly". For example, both people and government say they want to get rid of corruption, but in the end it's all just talk or a tool to get rid of political opponents.

17. foh

foh Member

Oh. You want to play hurt feelings card over actually responding to my legit concern (the true requirement behind democracy and free speech.)

You responded to me in the same way CCP responded to Morey's deleted tweet: "Respect my feelings or get out - we have nothing else to say to you"

Stop equating CCP to political will of Chinese people unless you have a legit proof of that and not just your hearsay.

joshuaao, malakas and HP3 like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Lets go a little deeper i wonder if you let them have an anonymous poll would they really think itd be worth it to lose all their NBA games over Morey's tweet? I doubt it but again we can never really find out can we? We cant get hard data.

19. choujie

choujie Member

I though you were already done with me? Another baseless accusation followed by another "you can't have opinion other than mine or you are either CCP or a troll" type of conversation. If that's your definition of democracy and freedom of speech, I really don't what know much about it.

20. choujie

choujie Member

Polls are not accurate. If you do a poll on Tencent, you are likely to get 90% saying NBA should be banned. But I never trust any polls in China. All polls are manipulated there. However, At the moment of heat, you see a lot rage and angry people. Time can heal a lot of things though. In short term, nobody wins.

HP3 likes this.