1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Morey is low key winning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmelo, Oct 7, 2019.

1. choujie

choujie Member

Nothing is forced here. If you go to mainland China, you'll be surprised although majority of Chinese people want to have more democracy, they are very united on this kind of issue. they don't think Hong Kong's issue is all about democracy. Young people in Hong Kong want independence, but most people in mainland thinks Hong Kong is part of China.

It's very complicated, so there will be different point view depending on which side they are on. To be honest I don't think it's a simple right or wrong answer here. Morey really shouldn't get into this, there is no way to please both sides.

2. choujie

choujie Member

If you don't think people in Hong Kong already have way more control of their life than people in mainland China, and if you don't think they can lose that overnight if situation gets worse, you are in delusional.

3. malakas

malakas Member

I think they have more control of their life.
    One has 0% freedom of speech and the other has 5% which is threatened to become 0% too.

4. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Sure, he won, at the price of screwing up all the Chinese NBA fans, the NBA and numerous companies behind it.

He gained a lot of political assets by this move, I won't be surprised he become a Congressman or Mayor in a few years.

This is a very clever move, I must say. And I don't believe Morey designed it all by himself. HK has now become a major weapon for the Democrats to attack Trump and will have decent affect on next year's election. The political force behind Morey really found a very accurate way to irritate both American and Chinese people. For American, it's freedom and human right; for Chinese, it's the unity of nation. It's really a dirty way to manipulate people's thoughts for their own interests.

The US-Chinese diplomatic relation started with Ping-Pong. Basketball might be the start of the ending of it.

Warren's twitter, it can't be more obvious.

#124 James.B.H, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  5. foh

foh Member

I called you a troll that is spreading propaganda basically. Go lookup a definition for that word before spouting about democracy and hypocracy

6. choujie

choujie Member

I don't know what you are talking about. China chose to react because they think Morey's tweet crossed ther red line. Overreact or not, different people have different opinions. China's red line may not be your red line, so it's very easy for you to cross and think it's no big deal. However, you need to understand sometimes you might seem "overreact" to other people because they cross your red line but they don't feel that way.

7. foh

foh Member

You want us to believe that CCTV and other state media is portraying HK situation clearly and fairly for mainland Chinese to form a well informed opinion?
    That's funny

clos4life likes this.
  8. choujie

choujie Member

Care to show me what propaganda I'm spreading?

9. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Definite win for Morey. China shot themselves in the foot over this.

clos4life likes this.
  10. foh

foh Member

See above. You stated that nothing is forced in China. When in fact even the public opinion is forced there due to state run media and no opposition view allowed

11. choujie

choujie Member

No. I don't watch CCTV. I know this by talking to Chinese people from both sides. That's why I can see argument for both sides, unlike you, only one sided.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Its a lose lose situation because you guys are forcing things. It's not our fault, he deleted the tweet. This is entirely on the Chinese government, Im sorry if you feel it's racist but to us this is an overreaction and bullying.

13. choujie

choujie Member

What I meant is on Morey's tweet issue nothing is forced by government. Majority people I talk to from mainland are angry at Morey and NBA.

Of course there are things forced by government in China, just not on this issue.

14. foh

foh Member

You seem to be quite obtuse when it comes to understanding propaganda. I am done talking to you, so I dont catch your desease

15. choujie

choujie Member

What do you mean "you guys"? I've never worked for Chinese government before and I'm not even in China.

Speaking of force issue, It can be Morey posted a tweet that forced China to react.

Chinese people are very sensible about sovereignty issue. They are being taught that way from before elementary school. You can call it patriotism, or you can call it brain washing. But it is what it is.

#135 choujie, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  16. malakas

malakas Member

So these new chinese posters coming here desperately asking for streams to watch Rockets games, because their government has banned all possible ways to watch are fake? :rolleyes:

If nothing is forced, then it would still be legal and possible for them to watch the NBA. For those who don't want, they won't.

It's what will happen if the NBA fires Morey. It will still be possible for americans to watch the NBA but many will be too angry and disgusted to do that.

17. choujie

choujie Member

Seeing less baseless accusation is not a bad thing for me.

18. choujie

choujie Member

Business cutting ties with another business happens a lot in US too. I don't think it's all government driven.

Have you considered maybe one reason NBA is banned from China because a lot people asked them to?

I kinda agree with Joe Tsai's observation. You can find in a different post.

19. supastevefoo

supastevefoo Member

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh my bad, just change my pronouns haha. to "those." Either way my point is the same.