1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey is low key winning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmelo, Oct 7, 2019.

1. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Well the Rockets fans gain because we might actually get real City jerseys instead of those ugly Chinese ones that never made any sense.

2. malakas

malakas Member

If Morey becomes a symbol of HK that's not good news for him.
    And I mean that his actual safety may be in danger.
    Imagine if HKers start wearing his face on t-shirts when they protest.

3. foh

foh Member

You are an apologist and a troll if you don't gain or lose anything but feel like we ought to consider your opinion. If you have no skin in the game, no one should trust or respect your opinion, considering how Chinese digital trolls and bots are everywhere these days

4. malakas

malakas Member

Nobody? If it brings the spotlight on the nazi level concetration camps going on right this moment and can save even ONE life it was all worth it.

How much you think 2 million innocent lives are worth?
    More or less than what China pays the NBA?

Yung-T, randerson and bmelo like this.
  5. bmelo

bmelo Member

No. It’s China that created catastrophe. For HK people, their own citizens. And as for the Morey, they choosed to act like bunch of kids overreacting to the opinion that did them essentialy no harm. I wouldnt know that much about China if they didnt blow it up. I wouldnt even be aware of that tweet. Now I know the way of oppresion that they apply, bad stories about their concentrate camps and harvesting people for organs... im not conciously buying anything that profits China from now on... if that was their goal then it is accomplished.

Edit:
    Btw you measure winning in currency i can tell we could never be friends :) if you or your relatives would ever be in position that HK people are right now, then you would know the difference i guess

Yung-T and malakas like this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This morning's NBC news reported something like "An NBA team executive tweeted..." They didn't even use Morey's name. LOL. Yeah, only die hard NBA fans know the names of GMs.

7. choujie

choujie Member

There are protest all over the world, even wars are out there. A normal person around the world doesn't care about this that much. Reaction by China only affects people who are related to this issue, not much outside of Hong Kong and mainland China. Certainly not "everyone is watching what is going to happen". Go to your work place and ask non sports fans and see how many of them even know who Morey is.

8. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

WHAT ARE PRO-CHINA/ANTI-MOREY PEOPLE STILL DOING HERE?!?!

9. choujie

choujie Member

Think about this: If Morey tweeted a racial slur, you can't blame black people for being upset. And you can't blame them for making it a big deal if neither Morey or NBA did anything about it.

To Chinese government and most Chinese people in mainland, Morey's tweet is just as bad or even worse, so you can't just blame them for strongly opposing it after nothing has been done by Morey and NBA.

I blame Morey on this. As a public figure, he should know how to avoid this kind of controversy.

10. bmelo

bmelo Member

But he didnt call anybody racist. If China gets offended by it then it’s their problem

11. biggiebody

biggiebody Member

No, reaction by China affects everyone who does business with them. One tweet can make China ban your entire business. Like I said before, no one outside of NBA fans knew of Morey until China's reaction. A lot more people know now, also are you intentionally ignoring HK supporters like they don't exist? They are global, they are not just concentrated into 3 counties.

12. choujie

choujie Member

LOL. Hopefully they don't make it worse.

13. choujie

choujie Member

So only your opinion should be considered? Not sure if that's the democracy Morey supports.

14. choujie

choujie Member

Really? Morey's tweet can save 2 million people? If that's the case I'll vote him for God. In fact judging by Morey's own tweet he wasn't even clear about the entire situation and didn't listen to people having different point of view before he tweeted.

A lot people in mainland China get brainwashed by Chinese government, but a lot people out side china also get brainwashed by anti-China organizations as well.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Maybe it can. Maybe it can save one life.
    How much is one life worth you think?

Oh now Human Rights watchdogs are "anti-China" organisations when they show evidence of concetration camps?

Yung-T likes this.
  16. choujie

choujie Member

By your logic, if black people get offended by racial slur it's there problem?

Dude, that's not how this world works.

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I think its safe to say that if you will force people to make a choice,

most people will take the second option.

You don't need to sleep in Holiday Inn Express to understand it.

18. choujie

choujie Member

Maybe it can save one life. Maybe it can destroy a lot lives. So far I don't think anybody's life is in real danger. But you know if the situation gets worse, there is a possibility that army might be involved and it can be out of control.

19. malakas

malakas Member

If you don't think that anybody's life is in real danger then you are simply delusional.

20. bmelo

bmelo Member

Offending someone because of their looks is and always was bad. What China is implying is that they can put on horror for ethnic minorities and rest of the world must shut up about it or „they are insulted”. They choose to be aggresive and they choose to overreact. Its reactive and critique of behaviour. People dont choose their skin color and are doing no harm to anyone with it