1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[STEPHEN A SMITH] Morey is Childish

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Raven

Raven Member

He's way too visible. I've said so myself many times, but SAS is not the guy who should be lecturing about maturity or professionalism.

2. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

And now this clip gets played repeatedly ob Chinese television. Thank you for representing the Americans, SAS.

3. TilmanFinancialWindfall

4. Nook

Nook Member

You really are an idiot.

First, Morey tweeted what he did AFTER talking to his friends in Hong Kong and after he had read on the topic. He didn’t just decide to be “anti-China”.... further he has no issues with the citizens of China, it is the oppressive CCP.

5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

just because you can, doesnt mean you should.

6. Nook

Nook Member

That is fine. He is entitled to his opinion. The overwhelming majority of Americans and people in the West support Hong Kong.

ashleyem likes this.
  7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Don’t worry.

There are way too many human right issues in China, stay tune I am sure there will be more coming from someone famous also, and soon.

We will try our best to notify you ahead of the schedule, or even better you can setup Siri or Alexa for a reminder too.

You are welcome.

clutchdabear and Nook like this.
  8. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i have no problem with anything SAS said.... morey really screwed up here. you have to see the bigger picture. he isnt the only person affected by this. he represents the rockets and to an extent the entire NBA.

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

ESPN owned by Disney who have large business interests in China. They know who their masters are. The only one with the momentary lapse was Morey.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Yes but it also depends on if such individual will be taken what kind of heat if he/she may cross the line sometime.

She made a tweet yesterday quoting Morey’s statement is offensive and it ended up back firing to her and she had to delet that and retweet this later.

clutchdabear likes this.
  11. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I want my team to represent actual values beyond on what's on the court

Yung-T and clutchdabear like this.
  12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

clutchdabear likes this.
  13. pippsux

pippsux Member

I agree 100℅ with SAS and that does not happen a lot. Morey was reckless and irresponsible. He is an employee who just cost his owner, his star player and the other NBA teams a relationship that took forever to develop. Everybody knows who China was when they got in bed with them. Where were the protests then when China ALLOWED Yao Ming to play in the NBA ???

I actually like the fact that Dantoni is on a 1 year deal and Morey essentially just put himself on a 1 year deal. They don't win the chip this year, then Morey will be fired along with the always playoff ineffective Dantoni, and he can tweet his support for Hong Kong to his hearts content without a job.

But Morey will get another GM job.... Tell me which owner of a team will want to hire a guy that will cost him money???? And has still not won a gaddam thing.

END RANT

PeterKingX, Pistol Pete and bearrider like this.
  14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

this is a sports organization and that isn't the united states. we have no power/control/influence on what china does. its not morey's place to get the NBA involved in china's politics.

PeterKingX, pippsux and bearrider like this.
  15. ipaman

You want Morey to shut up and calculate only huh?

Yung-T and lnchan like this.
  16. cebu

cebu Member

I STAND WITH MURRAY!

17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

do not compare athletes speaking about injustice in their own country, which happens to allow free speech, with a GM commenting about whats going on with an overseas business partner. you cant take their money and basically criticize them. and like SAS said, its not just him, or the rockets, but the entire league. no one asked him to get them involved in this.

18. ipaman

Don't tell me what to do, what to say, or what to think. This isn't China buddy.

He is/was concerned for his personal friends in Hong Kong and that's reason enough for him to get involved. He doesn't need anyone's permission to do what he wants to do with his own personal interests. Again, this isn't China or CPC land.

Yung-T and clutchdabear like this.
  19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. icewill36

icewill36 Member

he DOES need permission when he is fukkin up BILLIONS of dollars for the NBA. use your brain

Pistol Pete likes this.